Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Update no 2

I played around with separate power circuits.
    I took a turnout, kato power track piece and cable and attached to the kato controller. Then connected to a different power point in the room. No change.
    I moved into the bathroom, which I know for a fact is a separate power circuit back to the main board. No interference.
    Moved to the room next door and no interference on the kitchen circuits. I moved to the power plug that is on the same wall but opposite side in the lounge/tv room and assuming the sparkie/electrician was lazy and just looped the two double plugs from the same cable and yes interference.
    So tomorrow I will grab an old ups and take that home and put it on the RPi and Amp plug and see if that helps.

Update no 3

So the fault ended up being a faulty 4 way powered multi box.
    I added a UPS to attempt to filter the power, but it did not make any difference.
    I rearranged the plugs and moved the RPi to a different multi box in the room and no more interference.
    No change in distance. The multi box is right next to the original one, hanging off the same power socket.

Thanks for the advice of previous posters.

Quote Originally Posted by Br00kee1 View Post
    So the fault ended up being a faulty 4 way powered multi box.
    I added a UPS to attempt to filter the power, but it did not make any difference.
    I rearranged the plugs and moved the RPi to a different multi box in the room and no more interference.
    No change in distance. The multi box is right next to the original one, hanging off the same power socket.

Thanks for the advice of previous posters.
    Interesting thread and glad you resolved the issue. For the sake of clarity (mine, at least), what do you mean by a "powered multi box"?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbobs View Post
    Interesting thread and glad you resolved the issue. For the sake of clarity (mine, at least), what do you mean by a "powered multi box"?
    Here in New Zealand we call the 4 way multiple power plug adapter a 4 ah multi box.
    It connects to the mains and you can up in 4 power adapters.