Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    9

    PiCorePlayer: soundcard Audioinjector stereo not working RPi 3a

    Hi All

    I have Tried and Tried and can't simply not getting my audioinjector stereo soundcard to work:
    1.No sound out via RCA jack on soundcard connected to active speakers
    2.Checked spelling and input on config file tried different sound cards on drop down list
    3.tried to overwrite audioinjector dtbo files with new ones
    4.reinstalled picoreplayer several times

    Respberry PI 3a with bt disabled

    Picoreplayer:
    BeoPlayer | piCorePlayer v8.0.0 | www v00016 | linux 5.10.42-pcpCore-v7 (32) | piCore v13.0 | Squeezelite v1.9.9-1386-pCP

    edit config.txt:

    dtparam=i2c_arm=on,spi=on,i2s=on
    #---pCP----------------------------------------------
    # pCP does not use graphics chip by default, free up most memory
    gpu_mem=16
    initial_turbo=60
    disable_pvt=1

    # onboard audio overlay
    #dtparam=audio=on
    #audio_pwm_mode=2
    dtoverlay=audioinjector-wm8731-audio

    Squeezelite Output devices:

    Output devices:
    null - Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
    default
    plugequal
    equal
    hw:CARD=audioinjectorpi,DEV=0 - audioinjector-pi-soundcard, AudioInjector audio wm8731-hifi-0 - Direct hardware device without any conversions
    plughw:CARD=audioinjectorpi,DEV=0 - audioinjector-pi-soundcard, AudioInjector audio wm8731-hifi-0 - Hardware device with all software conversions
    sysdefault:CARD=audioinjectorpi - audioinjector-pi-soundcard, AudioInjector audio wm8731-hifi-0 - Default Audio Device
    dmix:CARD=audioinjectorpi,DEV=0 - audioinjector-pi-soundcard, AudioInjector audio wm8731-hifi-0 - Direct sample mixing device
    dsnoop:CARD=audioinjectorpi,DEV=0 - audioinjector-pi-soundcard, AudioInjector audio wm8731-hifi-0 - Direct sample snooping device

    Squeezelite process:

    /usr/local/bin/squeezelite -n BeoPlayer -o hw:CARD=audioinjectorpi,DEV=0 -a 80 0


    Name:  Skærmbillede 2021-09-10 kl. 01.33.42.png
Views: 228
Size:  119.1 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    5,221
    @cassio299

    If this was my problem I would first try another OS to confirm if the card was working.

    If you are happy with trying this route, and with the command line, I suggest you download the Raspberry PI OS Buster Lite image
    This is a headless OS, so you need to connect by SSH (if you use the raspberry foundation image maker tool, this can be preconfigured)

    Update the image (sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade -y; sudo reboot)

    Install squeezelite (sudo apt install squeezelite)

    Edit the /boot/config.txt file (sudo nano /boot/config.txt) to add the overlay and comment out the onboard audio, save, exit and reboot

    This will require a bit of research on your part
    Let me know if you need any help

    Or you could use the download available at

    https://github.com/Audio-Injector/stereo-and-zero

    to confirm if the card is working.

    Their github info is a little behind, but if it works on another OS (I'm thing the raspberry pi os lite, here) the dmseg from that will maybe help the pCP team

    ronnie

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    5,221
    Just had another thought:

    Does pCP report Squeezelite as running ?

    If so, have you checked the Alsamixer for output volume levels ?

    ronnie

  4. #4
    Senior Member paul-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,899
    The kernel dump in dmesg is a problem. I’m not sure how popular this card is. It’s never came up as a subject with pCP.

    Need to check in the latest raspiOS….. if it crashes there, the an issue will need to be reported.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

    Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    @cassio299

    If this was my problem I would first try another OS to confirm if the card was working.

    If you are happy with trying this route, and with the command line, I suggest you download the Raspberry PI OS Buster Lite image
    This is a headless OS, so you need to connect by SSH (if you use the raspberry foundation image maker tool, this can be preconfigured)

    Update the image (sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade -y; sudo reboot)

    Install squeezelite (sudo apt install squeezelite)

    Edit the /boot/config.txt file (sudo nano /boot/config.txt) to add the overlay and comment out the onboard audio, save, exit and reboot

    This will require a bit of research on your part
    Let me know if you need any help

    Or you could use the download available at

    https://github.com/Audio-Injector/stereo-and-zero

    to confirm if the card is working.

    Their github info is a little behind, but if it works on another OS (I'm thing the raspberry pi os lite, here) the dmseg from that will maybe help the pCP team

    ronnie
    Hi Thankyou for your answer

    I did try to instal rasbian and Squeezelite and I couldn't get it to work either. As they both use Squeezelite I did not think that mi soundcard could be the problem. The text method in the GitHub link looks very troublesome well at least I think that some instructions are missing... So I have giving up and will look for some other soundcards. But thanks for you answer.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    The kernel dump in dmesg is a problem. I’m not sure how popular this card is. It’s never came up as a subject with pCP.

    Need to check in the latest raspiOS….. if it crashes there, the an issue will need to be reported.
    Hi and thank you for your answer.

    I can't see any problems in the dmesg file maybe because I don't know what to look fore. I had the same problem when I change my RPI 3a+ to PRI 3b+and installed rasbian and Squeezelite I uninstalled pulseaudio according to the githubpage (I could not figure out how to do that in picoreplayer)

    By googleling it seems that people with my soundcard are not using picoreplayer but they have managed to get it to work in Squeezelite on raspian.

    I have given up on this soundcard as it semes to bring more trouble than joy, thank you again for your time

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    5,221
    @cassio299


    My suggestion to use the

    https://www.raspberrypi.org/software/operating-systems/

    Name:  Raspberry pi OS lite.png
Views: 89
Size:  17.2 KB

    is based on the fact that it does not include PulseAudio (which, I think, requires xserver)

    Access is by SSH; as I have said, I am willing to help if you wish it.

    I don't have a rpi3A+ but do have a rpi3B+, so can knock up an image for you, without any problem.

    ronnie

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    21,828
    Quote Originally Posted by cassio299 View Post
    I can't see any problems in the dmesg file maybe because I don't know what to look fore.
    I think these lines may be the issue in dmesg
    Code:
    .
    .
    [ 10.001058] wm8731 1-001a: supply DBVDD not found, using dummy regulator
    [ 10.002405] audioinjector-stereo soc:sound: snd_soc_register_card failed (-517)
    [ 10.003540] ------------[ cut here ]------------
    [ 10.003636] WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 32 at sound/core/init.c:208
    snd_card_new+0x43c/0x474 [snd]
    [ 10.003645] Modules linked in: snd_soc_wm8731(+) regmap_spi spidev(+)
    regmap_i2c snd_soc_audioinjector_pi_soundcard brcmfmac brcmutil
    sha256_generic cfg80211 rfkill raspberrypi_hwmon snd_soc_bcm2835_i2s
    spi_bcm2835 snd_soc_core snd_compress snd_pcm_dmaengine i2c_bcm2835
    .
    .

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    @cassio299


    My suggestion to use the

    https://www.raspberrypi.org/software/operating-systems/

    Name:  Raspberry pi OS lite.png
Views: 89
Size:  17.2 KB

    is based on the fact that it does not include PulseAudio (which, I think, requires xserver)

    Access is by SSH; as I have said, I am willing to help if you wish it.

    I don't have a rpi3A+ but do have a rpi3B+, so can knock up an image for you, without any problem.

    ronnie
    Thank you Ronnie I got it to work.

    For future reference here is how I got it to work on Raspian desktop with Squeezelite

    Burn The Raspbian desktop to your SD Card and set it up to work

    In terminal type:

    sudo apt purge pulseaudio

    sudo nano /boot/config.txt

    edit:

    remove the # from: dtparam=i2c_arm=on
    dtparam=i2s=on
    dtparam=spi=on

    set dtparam=audio=on to #dtparam=audio=on and add in a new line below:
    dtoverlay=audioinjector-wm8731-audio

    leave the rest as is...

    save and leave config

    type in terminal:
    alsamixer

    in alsamixer hit F6 and choose your soundcard move the cursor to: Master Playback ZC
    Playback Deemphasis
    ADC High Pass Filter
    Output Mixer HiFi
    Output Mixer Line
    Output Mixer Mic
    Store DC Offset
    If the box above the settings says [MM] hit the [M] button to unmute it. The box will now say [00] instead (Thankyou JGCOBRA from the audio injector forums)

    hit [ESC]

    Follow this guide to installing and setting up Squeezelite:

    http://www.gerrelt.nl/RaspberryPi/wo...r-on-raspbian/

    In the script squeezelite_settings.sh I added:

    SL_SOUNDCARD="dmix:CARD=audioinjectorpi,DEV=0"
    SL_ALSA_PARAMS="80:::0"

    Peter

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    5,221
    Quote Originally Posted by cassio299 View Post
    Thank you Ronnie I got it to work.

    For future reference here is how I got it to work on Raspian desktop with Squeezelite

    Burn The Raspbian desktop to your SD Card and set it up to work

    In terminal type:

    sudo apt purge pulseaudio

    sudo nano /boot/config.txt

    edit:

    remove the # from: dtparam=i2c_arm=on
    dtparam=i2s=on
    dtparam=spi=on

    set dtparam=audio=on to #dtparam=audio=on and add in a new line below:
    dtoverlay=audioinjector-wm8731-audio

    leave the rest as is...

    save and leave config

    type in terminal:
    alsamixer

    in alsamixer hit F6 and choose your soundcard move the cursor to: Master Playback ZC
    Playback Deemphasis
    ADC High Pass Filter
    Output Mixer HiFi
    Output Mixer Line
    Output Mixer Mic
    Store DC Offset
    If the box above the settings says [MM] hit the [M] button to unmute it. The box will now say [00] instead (Thankyou JGCOBRA from the audio injector forums)

    hit [ESC]

    Follow this guide to installing and setting up Squeezelite:

    http://www.gerrelt.nl/RaspberryPi/wo...r-on-raspbian/

    In the script squeezelite_settings.sh I added:

    SL_SOUNDCARD="dmix:CARD=audioinjectorpi,DEV=0"
    SL_ALSA_PARAMS="80:::0"

    Peter
    Hey Peter

    Good Work

    What a faff !!

    And thanks for the info, there are a couple of nuggets there, that will, maybe , help others (I'm likely to forget them )

    ronnie

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •