Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

navigation bugs in LMS 8.2? reverted to 8.1.2 and it works again

After updating to LMS 8.2 (using the LMS update option, not downloading from this site), the navigation buttons (e.g., Pause) on my Boom stopped working correctly.

Pressing the Pause button correctly paused a podcast, but pressing it again started the podcast from the beginning.

Same behavior using Squeeze Ctrl on my Android phone. And any attempt to set the playback position resulted in the podcast being restarted from the beginning.

Reinstalling "LMS 8.1.2 - 1614990085", for which luckily I still had the installation file, restored proper behavior.

I didn't try downloading/installing LMS 8.2 or 8.3 from this website.

Any thoughts?

navigation bugs in LMS 8.2?reverted to 8.1.2 and it works again

> Pressing the Pause button correctly paused a podcast, but pressing it
    > again started the podcast from the beginning.

The subject line doesn't say so, but is this a limitation while
    listening to podcasts? If so, could you please give the 8.2.1 nightly
    build a try? http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nig...ex.php?ver=8.2

Yes, the issue occurs with podcasts. I didn't try it with anything else.

LogitechMediaServer-8.2.1-1630708436.exe (Sep 4) has the same issue on my system.

Reverting to 8.1.2 again restored functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > Pressing the Pause button correctly paused a podcast, but pressing it
    > again started the podcast from the beginning.

The subject line doesn't say so, but is this a limitation while
    listening to podcasts? If so, could you please give the 8.2.1 nightly
    build a try? http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nig...ex.php?ver=8.2

navigation bugs in LMS 8.2? reverted to 8.1.2 and it works again

Quote Originally Posted by squmhe View Post
    Yes, the issue occurs with podcasts. I didn't try it with anything else.

LogitechMediaServer-8.2.1-1630708436.exe (Sep 4) has the same issue on my system.

Reverting to 8.1.2 again restored functionality.
    Can you tell which podcast? Just tried on a Boom using an mp3 podcast (from the classic UI) and it worked fine.

[edit]: I also tried on the Boom directly
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2021-09-09 at 06:24.
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Can you tell which podcast? Just tried on a Boom using an mp3 podcast (from the classic UI) and it worked fine.

[edit]: I also tried on the Boom directly
    The problem in 8.2.1 (which I reinstalled again for testing) occurs on all the podcasts I've tried. E.g., "Big Picture Science" podcast episode "True Grit".

Reverting to 8.1.2 restored correct operation for the Pause button.

But 8.1.2 has other navigation problems when operating the Boom manually: press "forward" or "back" and then rotating the large knob, always restarts the podcase -- whereas when using the Android Squeeze Ctrl app, it's possible to move forward and back by sliding the progress bar.

To summarize:

With 8.1.2, all navigation functions works correctly with Squeeze Ctrl. On the Boom, the pause button works correctly, but the forward and back functions do not.

With 8.2.1, pressing Pause a second time restarts the podcast, as do the navigation buttons, both on the Boom and with Squeeze Ctrl.

The problem in 8.2.1 (which I reinstalled again for testing) occurs on all the podcasts I've tried. E.g., "Big Picture Science" podcast episode "True Grit".

But 8.1.2 has other navigation problems when operating the Boom manually: press "forward" or "back" and then rotating the large knob, always restarts the podcase -- whereas when using the Android Squeeze Ctrl app, it's possible to move forward and back by sliding the progress bar.

To summarize:

With 8.1.2, all navigation functions works correctly with Squeeze Ctrl. On the Boom, the pause button works correctly, but the forward and back functions do not.

With 8.2.1, pressing Pause a second time restarts the podcast, as do the navigation buttons, both on the Boom and with Squeeze Ctrl.
    So I'm sorry but I can't reproduce on my installation (odroid C4 = aarch64 + armbian) even with that podcast. Have you tried a completely clean installation (at least erase cache, and maybe former /var/lib/squeezeboxserver directory - make copies!)
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

To summarize:

Have you tried a different player? You try Squeezeplay on Windows if you don't have other hardware players.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    So I'm sorry but I can't reproduce on my installation (
    I can reproduce it on 8.2.1 - 1631594063.
    It seems to me that this is due to an incompatibility with "reliable" plugin and the stock Radio -> Podcast app.

Everyting works well here with the podcast plugin OR when reliable disabled.

Henning

Quote Originally Posted by henning View Post
    I can reproduce it on 8.2.1 - 1631594063.
    It seems to me that this is due to an incompatibility with "reliable" plugin and the stock Radio -> Podcast app.

Everyting works well here with the podcast plugin OR when reliable disabled.

Henning
    But reliable should be automatically disabled in 8.2.x. Isnĺt it the case ?

I installed it manually a couple of weeks ago, disabled it when I recognized the problems with podcasts.