Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

How To Find Properties of Audio Files

Not strictly a "Slim Devices" question, but, I am sure you knowledgeable folk will be able to help...

I have loads of audio files (mainly .flac) and have recently acquired some hi-def ones (.dsd, .dsf)

My question is how do I find out what Sampling Rate and bit-depth they are?

On some, you can right-click in Windows Explorer and look at "Audio Properties" and it will tell you. However, some files have this information missing and .dsf files do not even have this option.

Is there a bit of software or another technique that will let me examine my files to get the information?

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryMan99 View Post
    I have loads of audio files (mainly .flac) and have recently acquired some hi-def ones (.dsd, .dsf)

My question is how do I find out what Sampling Rate and bit-depth they are?

On some, you can right-click in Windows Explorer and look at "Audio Properties" and it will tell you. However, some files have this information missing and .dsf files do not even have this option.

Is there a bit of software or another technique that will let me examine my files to get the information?
    try MediaInfo
    Various SW: Web Interface | Text Interface | Playlist Editor / Generator | Music Classification | Similar Music | Announce | EventTrigger | Ambient Noise Mixer | DB Optimizer | Image Enhancer | Chiptunes | LMSlib2go | ...
    Various HowTos: build a self-contained LMS | Bluetooth/ALSA | Control LMS with any device | ...

Quote Originally Posted by Roland0 View Post
    Perfect - that's exactly what I wanted!

Thanks