Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    every few months I have a similar experience with my touch - it does not recognize the network adapters anymore (in my case also no ethernet). Resets did not help. completely removing power for some time (1h+, not just seconds) did help every time. Not sure what the underlying problem is.

touch re booting and stopping at language screen

I have had the same experience as Frankd

@ Mongo, @Frankd - I would encourage you to try replacing the power supply. It can't hurt at under $15USD. By now they are old, and typically are "on" their entire life. I have found with receivers and radios, they "start to fail" by doing goofy things, like playing for hours and just powering down. Or, starting to power up, then dying.

The time off to restore (hour not seconds) might indicate that something needs to cool down as opposed to a "reset". This might be the power supply.

see "partially working" https://www.giangrandi.ch/electronic.../smpsfix.shtml

The same could be true for an ethernet switch, if there is one between the router and your touch.

You could also try running your touch on wifi and see if it occurs

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    @ Mongo, @Frankd - I would encourage you to try replacing the power supply. It can't hurt at under $15USD. By now they are old, and typically are "on" their entire life. I have found with receivers and radios, they "start to fail" by doing goofy things, like playing for hours and just powering down. Or, starting to power up, then dying.

The time off to restore (hour not seconds) might indicate that something needs to cool down as opposed to a "reset". This might be the power supply.

see "partially working" https://www.giangrandi.ch/electronic.../smpsfix.shtml

The same could be true for an ethernet switch, if there is one between the router and your touch.

You could also try running your touch on wifi and see if it occurs

Jim
    Thanks Jim.
    This makes tons of sense to me - my touch has been on 24/7 for 10 years...