Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Testers wanted

Quote Originally Posted by P Nelson View Post
    On the FLAC stream I have heard a quick pause, and once followed by some static. It is very quick, maybe a second. Switched to ACC if that made a difference, but I heard the quick pause. It is infrequent. I guess it is due to the hardware issue you mentioned earlier. Since you are testing, I assume you want some reports.
    Yes I think that is the hardware issue. If I switch to an offsite encoder then we don’t get the issues but although we get some metadata that way we lose a lot of the extra metadata and since someone is working on an LMS plugin right now I need to leave the on site encoder operating (with its inhere Glitch) for now. The beta LMS plugin looks to be working perfectly.
    Jim
    https://jukeradio.double6.net

VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

I don't see any artwork or station logo, just that fallback favourite heart. Maybe I added the station wrongly? In the WebUI (default) I clicked on the "Edit Favorites" button, then "New Favorite", typed in the name "d6jg" and pasted the AAC URL. I remember there was more than one way to add a station, but only one would provide the artwork. Could be that. Other than that, I only had some small audible distortions, but nothing serious.
    QLMS 8.3@2.21 x64 (digimaster) / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4
    LMS 8.3 x64 / Intel NUC8 i3

Quote Originally Posted by dolodobendan View Post
    I don't see any artwork or station logo, just that fallback favourite heart. Maybe I added the station wrongly? In the WebUI (default) I clicked on the "Edit Favorites" button, then "New Favorite", typed in the name "d6jg" and pasted the AAC URL. I remember there was more than one way to add a station, but only one would provide the artwork. Could be that. Other than that, I only had some small audible distortions, but nothing serious.
    Cover art will be made available via an LMS plugin that Paul Webster is kindly working on.

As a rule you don’t get cover art or even a station logo except if there is a plugin that provides it or you can get station logo if the station is listed in TuneIn, Radio.net or similar. Juke will be listed in some of these places when we go live.

The encoder hardware issue is annoying but at least we can see the cause. Unfortunately it will be a week or so before I can get the hardware needed into the data centre that we use.
    Jim

Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Cover art will be made available via an LMS plugin that Paul Webster is kindly working on.
    Thank you for the clarification. I got the impression that it was already implemented in some way as some feedback reports spoke of mirrored cover art.

As a rule you don’t get cover art or even a station logo except if there is a plugin that provides it or you can get station logo if the station is listed in TuneIn, Radio.net or similar. Juke will be listed in some of these places when we go live.
    That's good to know. Still, there was something strange about the way stations had to be added. But it's been a while, I'd have to check what I did back then.

The encoder hardware issue is annoying but at least we can see the cause. Unfortunately it will be a week or so before I can get the hardware needed into the data centre that we use.
    I think it works well enough that the occasional hiccup won't spoil the experience until you get it all working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by dolodobendan View Post
    Thank you for the clarification. I got the impression that it was already implemented in some way as some feedback reports spoke of mirrored cover art.

That's good to know. Still, there was something strange about the way stations had to be added. But it's been a while, I'd have to check what I did back then.

I think it works well enough that the occasional hiccup won't spoil the experience until you get it all working as intended.
    You can get station logo if you manually edit favourites.opml which was partly what they were referring to earlier.

The jukebox image was part of philchillbill’s beta Alexa skill but it’s been changed now anyway.
    Jim

Dining Room SB Radio

You can get station logo if you manually edit favourites.opml which was partly what they were referring to earlier.

The jukebox image was part of philchillbill’s beta Alexa skill but it’s been changed now anyway.
    Name:  signal_cat_thumbup.png
Views: 134
Size:  32.2 KB

Very nice music mix....

....made my wife and me hopping through the kitchen this morning.... like in the olden days....

(From testing perspective, I can't add new information. Also noticed lower volume than other stations and tiny dropouts - nothing that was not already reported.)

Quote Originally Posted by slimhase View Post
    ....made my wife and me hopping through the kitchen this morning.... like in the olden days....

(From testing perspective, I can't add new information. Also noticed lower volume than other stations and tiny dropouts - nothing that was not already reported.)
    Is the lower volume just because a lot of the music is vinyl rips?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Am I the only Firefox user here?
    The site is extremely slow to load and when it does it's looks awful,like a long list programmed in the 90's, in Chrome it load instantly and looks nice

I have listening to the flac stream for an hour now and it sounds great and I like your music selection. So thanks for this
    1 x Touch
    1 x Radio
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.1 - 1633378390 @ Mon Oct 4 23:25:45 CEST 2021
    Castbridge with 2 x Harman Kardon Citation One, setup as a stereo pair
    Squeeze Ctrl
    Squeeze Player
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy S 20

Quote Originally Posted by T-bird View Post
    Am I the only Firefox user here?
    The site is extremely slow to load and when it does it's looks awful,like a long list programmed in the 90's, in Chrome it load instantly and looks nice

I have listening to the flac stream for an hour now and it sounds great and I like your music selection. So thanks for this
    You might be the only Firefox user with that issue. It always looks fine to me. Have you got any plugins installed that affect the way the page loads?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk