Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Testers wanted

Only just noticed that - I am putting it the right way now. Should have spotted it as I used to restore these classic Wurlitzers!

Here is the .png file to drop into /images and then edit the /prefs favourites file with the image name, then reboot server:
    Last edited by Heuer; 2021-09-04 at 06:56.
    Lounge: Transporter>Audio Synthesis DAX Decade>Audio Research LS22>Krell FPB300>Wilson Benesch Act 1's + 2 x Velodyne SPL1000 sub's
    Kitchen: Touch>Topping DAC>Arcam Solo>Anthony Gallo Micro's+Sub, Joggler controller
    Office: DAC32>Acoustic Energy AE1 Active's, Joggler controller
    Garage: Boom>QAcoustics 7000s subwoofer
    Bedroom: Radio
    Shed: Radio
    Workshop: Boom
    Garden 1: SB3>JVC amp>Rock outdoor speakers
    Garden 2: SB3>JVC amp>Rock outdoor speakers

Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    Attachment 35656

I couldn't resist creating a beta skill for this It streams the 'FLAC in OGG container version' to the Echo for LOSSLESS playback (no transcoding).

A jukebox background image shows on Echos with screens and there's even a cute logo, but no metadata is displayed on Echos with screens.

If you want to give it a try, send me a PM with your Amazon account email address and I can add you so you'll get an invite from Amazon.

After installing, it's just "Alexa, open Juke Radio". Afterwards, "Alexa, stop" will shut it down again.

p.s. If you're a subscribed user of MediaServer there's no need to use this beta — instead just add the stream to your favorites and stream as usual.
    That’s absolutely great Phil. I’ll pm you in a minute.

However the “Juke” reference in the name is nothing to do with a Jukebox. It’s named after my Black Labrador dog who himself is so named after Little Walter’s classic blues harmonica instrumental called Juke. You’ll know it when you hear it.

The station logo is at https://jukeradio.double6.net/img/station.png
    Jim
    https://jukeradio.double6.net

VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

Juke - A roadside or rural establishment offering liquor, dancing, and often gambling and prostitution. Also called juke house, juke joint.

Jukebox - The word "jukebox" came into use in the United States beginning in 1940, apparently derived from the familiar usage "juke joint", derived from the Gullah word "juke" or "joog", meaning disorderly, rowdy, or wicked. As it applies to the 'use of a jukebox', the terms juking (verb) and juker (noun) are the correct expressions.

Little Walter's 1952 instrumental was referencing the juke joints and his records would have been heard on their jukeboxes
    Lounge: Transporter>Audio Synthesis DAX Decade>Audio Research LS22>Krell FPB300>Wilson Benesch Act 1's + 2 x Velodyne SPL1000 sub's
    Kitchen: Touch>Topping DAC>Arcam Solo>Anthony Gallo Micro's+Sub, Joggler controller
    Office: DAC32>Acoustic Energy AE1 Active's, Joggler controller
    Garage: Boom>QAcoustics 7000s subwoofer
    Bedroom: Radio
    Shed: Radio
    Workshop: Boom
    Garden 1: SB3>JVC amp>Rock outdoor speakers
    Garden 2: SB3>JVC amp>Rock outdoor speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Heuer View Post
    Juke - A roadside or rural establishment offering liquor, dancing, and often gambling and prostitution. Also called juke house, juke joint.

Jukebox - The word "jukebox" came into use in the United States beginning in 1940, apparently derived from the familiar usage "juke joint", derived from the Gullah word "juke" or "joog", meaning disorderly, rowdy, or wicked. As it applies to the 'use of a jukebox', the terms juking (verb) and juker (noun) are the correct expressions.

Little Walter's 1952 instrumental was referencing the juke joints and his records would have been heard on their jukeboxes
    I stand corrected. Well sort of.
    Jim

Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg;
    That’s absolutely great Phil. I’ll pm you in a minute.

However the “Juke” reference in the name is nothing to do with a Jukebox. It’s named after my Black Labrador dog who himself is so named after Little Walter’s classic blues harmonica instrumental called Juke. You’ll know it when you hear it.

The station logo is at https://jukeradio.double6.net/img/station.png
    Your email is now whitelisted so you should get the invite automatically. I can add 499 more testers so just PM me or send an email to phil@smartskills.tech if anybody else on here or family/friends want an invite.
    I think after you're whitelisted it can even be installed just by saying "Alexa, open Juke Radio" without having to visit the app. And of course there's no account linking.

Let me know what you think.

p.s. Logo is now changed to station logo
    Last edited by philchillbill; 2021-09-06 at 02:54. Reason: Changed skill logo to use station logo

I've been listening for an hour or so each morning since the stream came back up. The only comments I have are that I occasionally hear (perhaps only once each day) a burst of "trill" where the audio seems to stick at the same point for a second or so. Don't know if this is my end or the server, but I don't have this issue with any other stream. Look forward to the artwork plugin.
    Music Store and VPN Server: Synology DS215J NAS
    Study Server: LMS 8.2.0 on Pi 4B pCp 8.0.0/IQ Audio DAC+
    Refurbished 1962 RCA Stereo Console Server/Player LMS 8.2.0 on Pi 4B pCp 8.0.0/IQ Audio DAC+
    LAN Players: x2: pCp 8.0.0 on Pi 3B / IQ Audio DAC+
    LAN Player/ADC pCp 8.0.0 on Pi 3B / IQ audio Codec +
    PC Players: x2: Squeezelite on Windows 10 PC.
    VPN Mobile & Car Player: Material/SqueezePlayer on Android Phone

Quote Originally Posted by ian_heys View Post
    I've been listening for an hour or so each morning since the stream came back up. The only comments I have are that I occasionally hear (perhaps only once each day) a burst of "trill" where the audio seems to stick at the same point for a second or so. Don't know if this is my end or the server, but I don't have this issue with any other stream. Look forward to the artwork plugin.
    Thanks Ian
    We are aware of the audio issue. It’s another VM on the same physical hardware grabbing cpu on a random basis. We have a replacement piece of hardware which is being commissioned but won’t be in place for a week or so yet.
    Jim

Dining Room SB Radio

Nice!

I spent the day yesterday non critical listening on a sb radio. Loved the widely varied content. Spooky Tooth's version of "I am the Walrus"? Where else you going to hear that? Great cover.

My listening time (10am - 5pm EST) seemed slightly Clapton weighted at first, not that that was a problem. He was/is in so many bands and collaborations.

The one thing I noticed (on the Radio, not critical listening) is the gain seemed quite low compared to many other internet radio streams. Take Radio Paradise for example. The only "problem" is causes is the volume shock switching back to the higher gain stations after listening to a lower one. I have always been curious how different stations determine what to set their signal "gain" at.

Thank you for the station by the way. I'll happily be listening again!

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    I spent the day yesterday non critical listening on a sb radio. Loved the widely varied content. Spooky Tooth's version of "I am the Walrus"? Where else you going to hear that? Great cover.

My listening time (10am - 5pm EST) seemed slightly Clapton weighted at first, not that that was a problem. He was/is in so many bands and collaborations.

The one thing I noticed (on the Radio, not critical listening) is the gain seemed quite low compared to many other internet radio streams. Take Radio Paradise for example. The only "problem" is causes is the volume shock switching back to the higher gain stations after listening to a lower one. I have always been curious how different stations determine what to set their signal "gain" at.

Thank you for the station by the way. I'll happily be listening again!

Jim
    Thanks for that Jim. I’ll certainly investigate the gain.
    On EC yep I have quite a good collection and the semi random mix does reflect that at present.
    Jim

Dining Room SB Radio

On the FLAC stream I have heard a quick pause, and once followed by some static. It is very quick, maybe a second. Switched to ACC if that made a difference, but I heard the quick pause. It is infrequent. I guess it is due to the hardware issue you mentioned earlier. Since you are testing, I assume you want some reports.