Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Testers wanted

The spectrum plot of Juke Radio vs CD is very similar as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Yes there is Replay Gain in play.
    On the SQ being flatter than local FLACs - part of the audio chain as it stands is digital to analogue then back to digital. This is the current situation due to a number of reasons and itís not going to be the case long term - which is why I know the SQ can be easily improved.
    About 40% of the stuff played is from needle drops at 16/44.1.
    Don't think Replay Gain is the issue as it has been applied to all tracks in my local library without problem. Maybe it is the needle drops? What did you use for the analogue > digitising chain?
    Lounge: Transporter>Audio Synthesis DAX Decade>Audio Research LS22>Krell FPB300>Wilson Benesch Act 1's + 2 x Velodyne SPL1000 sub's
    Kitchen: Touch>Topping DAC>Arcam Solo>Anthony Gallo Micro's+Sub, Joggler controller
    Office: DAC32>Acoustic Energy AE1 Active's, Joggler controller
    Garage: Boom>QAcoustics 7000s subwoofer
    Bedroom: Radio
    Shed: Radio
    Workshop: Boom
    Garden 1: SB3>JVC amp>Rock outdoor speakers
    Garden 2: SB3>JVC amp>Rock outdoor speakers

Ive been listening to the FLAC stream through radio now playing on a competent system (touch, decent schitt dac, 60wpc Arcam integrated, older Klipsch bookshelf speakers with a small goldenear sub) and it sounds quite good. A couple of observations:

1) Artwork lead (previously reported).
    2) I had previously commented on "low gain" compared to other stations. The "gain" has definitely increased, although it might still be a bit below a few others I listen to- RP FLAC, Planet Radio US, etc. But quite livable. Switching stations should not cause a huge volume increase/decrease.
    3) I just turned it up when Supertramp "school" played. A good audition song. Sounded real good loud (louder than I would normally listen). I quickly queued up my ripped copy without touching the volume, and found the volume levels to be similar (no replay gain used) and the sound quality was very similaras well (to my aging ears)

For what it's worth.....no complaints, nice work Jim!

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Heuer View Post
    Don't think Replay Gain is the issue as it has been applied to all tracks in my local library without problem. Maybe it is the needle drops? What did you use for the analogue > digitising chain?
    Itís not the needle drop. Itís the fact that the playout mechanism currently goes from digital to analogue before being encoded into the digital streams. The analogue out is a Pi while the analogue input is a bog standard Realtek sound card. This is the weak point of the whole delivery mechanism and is more than likely where the flatness is introduced.
    This will be replaced by a digital only delivery in due course but the previous digital only incarnation on a VM had the noise interference.
    Jim
    https://jukeradio.double6.net

VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

Currently an issue where we have left channel only. Someone has knocked a wire. Should be resolved shortly
    Jim
    https://jukeradio.double6.net

VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

I hope there is no objection but I have added a thread to the HIFi Wigwam Forum of which I am a member and have given details of your Radio Station and some specific to using LMS advice for getting the steam and the plugin . There are quite often requests asking for higher quality internet radio streams so thought this might be a way of getting some additional users.

https://www.hifiwigwam.com/forum/top...m-lms-version/
    System - Raspberry Pi 4 8gb LMS Server - Allo Digione Signature Player - MiniDSP DDRC 22D - MiniDSP 10 x 10 HD - 2 x NVA P20 Power Amps 1 x NVA P30 Power Amp - 4 x KEF 103 Reference Stacked two per side

Jim,

If you want to take user-requests for Juke Radio, I can easily add an intent to the skill to allow the user to say e.g.

User: "Alexa, ask Juke Radio to make a request"
    Echo: "What would you like to suggest?"
    User: "Night Moves, by Bob Seger" or "more Pink Floyd" or "less Justin Bieber" etc
    Echo: "Okay. Night Moves by Bob Seger will be suggested for future playback on Juke Radio. Thanks for your submission!"

I'd POST the suggestion to a https API endpoint of your choice for you to do with as you please.

Just an idea I came across on Upwork. Simple to implement and adds value to having a skill for the station over listening by other means. Question is if you want the overhead/burden of giving listeners a voice?

Jim,

Looks like you can now list Juke Radio yourself without needing a custom skill:

https://developer.amazon.com/en-US/b...on-on-to-alexa