Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Testers wanted

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelPr View Post
    Mmmh... of course your plugin is installed but starting Juke Radio via Favorites (based on the posted .opml change), I see the following (I guess it's MAI):

Attachment 35727

Attachment 35728 Attachment 35729
    Yes its MAI on your local LMS
    Without the plugin MAI will return the Artist bio and the lyrics but not any album review.
    With the plugin you get the artwork and album name as well as artist - title - which then lets MAI do all its stuff.

If the plugin is installed you can launch from the plugin or a favourite and still get the cover / album info
    Jim
    https://jukeradio.double6.net

VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

The plugin sets up a match in LMS for the underlying stream URL.
    This means the plugin is called whenever something matching that URL is played - regardless of where the playing is initiated from.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin, AllZIC Radio, Caroline Flashback, Cesky rozhlas, Frequence3, JukeRadio, KlassikRadio.de, Linn Radio, Mother Earth, Naim Radio, Nova.fr, RadioBlues Flac, Radio Espace, Somehow Jazz, Supla Finland

Thanks for the explanation - Understood :-)

LMS: 8.2.1
    on RPi4/ Raspbian Buster 10
    points (NFS) to MusicLibrary on QNAP TS212

1x Duet - Cntrl-FW: 8.0.1-r16855/ Receiver-FW: 77
    2x SB Radio - FW: 8.0.1-r16855
    1x Squeezebox Boom - FW 57
    1x Transporter - FW: 87
    RPi 2B - pCP 8.0.0/ SqueezeLite v1.9.9-1386-pCP
    Softsqueeze 3.9.2 on Win 10 / Squeezeplay 8.0.1r1343 on Win 10
    Squeeze Player 1.3.21 on S7/Android 8.0.0

Controller:
    Android Phone - Squeezer 2.2.7/ Material Skin 2.6.2

Radio Now Playing

Paul I've had this running for a week now and it's great for displaying Album/Artist/Trackname in the Classic View but the Track Info Pane is not updating after the first track.
    Of course this is not a problem in the Material Skin.
    Am I doing something wrong?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Music Store and VPN Server: Synology DS215J NAS
    Study Server: LMS 8.2.0 on Pi 4B pCp 8.0.0/IQ Audio DAC+
    Refurbished 1962 RCA Stereo Console Server/Player LMS 8.2.0 on Pi 4B pCp 8.0.0/IQ Audio DAC+
    LAN Players: x2: pCp 8.0.0 on Pi 3B / IQ Audio DAC+
    LAN Player/ADC pCp 8.0.0 on Pi 3B / IQ audio Codec +
    PC Players: x2: Squeezelite on Windows 10 PC.
    VPN Mobile & Car Player: Material/SqueezePlayer on Android Phone

It is one of the quirks (assuming the problem is the lower part of the screen).
    It happens with all of my plugins and I suspect it happens with some others as well.
    It is the playlist … and, in theory it should really show Juke Radio since that is what was queued to the playlist.
    There may well be something that I could/should do in the plugin to either set it back to the originally queued item or force it to update with the Now Playing info but I have never been able to work out how to do it.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin, AllZIC Radio, Caroline Flashback, Cesky rozhlas, Frequence3, JukeRadio, KlassikRadio.de, Linn Radio, Mother Earth, Naim Radio, Nova.fr, RadioBlues Flac, Radio Espace, Somehow Jazz, Supla Finland

I just checked on Radio Paradise (I had to re-install) and it's exactly the same. Think something must have changed in LMS, I'm pretty sure it worked before - but could be wrong.
    Music Store and VPN Server: Synology DS215J NAS
    Study Server: LMS 8.2.0 on Pi 4B pCp 8.0.0/IQ Audio DAC+
    Refurbished 1962 RCA Stereo Console Server/Player LMS 8.2.0 on Pi 4B pCp 8.0.0/IQ Audio DAC+
    LAN Players: x2: pCp 8.0.0 on Pi 3B / IQ Audio DAC+
    LAN Player/ADC pCp 8.0.0 on Pi 3B / IQ audio Codec +
    PC Players: x2: Squeezelite on Windows 10 PC.
    VPN Mobile & Car Player: Material/SqueezePlayer on Android Phone

Only just been alerted to this by another member so have added the URL to mysqueezebox.com on My Favourites as this then appears under Favourites for all players. So far had one of the mentioned sound glitches but otherwise no sound issues. Only been listening for about 27 minutes and the range is a bit narrow but expect this is due to this only being a test . Will leave this playing most of today while I am using my computer and if you need any detail this is the system

Raspberry Pi4 8GB with Max2play Distro Running LMS 8.3.0 - 1630708871 - Feeding Raspberry Pi 4 with Allo Digione Signature Hat - Feeding MiniDSP DDRC 22D DSP unit - Feeding MiniDSP 10x4 HD Digital Crossover - Feeding 2 x NVA P20 and one NVA P30 power amplifiers which then drive 4 x KEF103 Reference Speakers (1975 model) Two each side stacked with the bottom speaker only connected to the Bass/Mid unit for low bass upper speaker connected and dealing with Mid and Treble .

I will PM you about the LMS plugin as I would like to try it and can give you feedback on that after I install it. Thanks for getting this up and running and it will be interesting to listen going forward.
    System - Raspberry Pi 4 8gb LMS Server - Allo Digione Signature Player - MiniDSP DDRC 22D - MiniDSP 10 x 10 HD - 2 x NVA P20 Power Amps 1 x NVA P30 Power Amp - 4 x KEF 103 Reference Stacked two per side

Quote Originally Posted by bencat View Post
    Only just been alerted to this by another member so have added the URL to mysqueezebox.com on My Favourites as this then appears under Favourites for all players. So far had one of the mentioned sound glitches but otherwise no sound issues. Only been listening for about 27 minutes and the range is a bit narrow but expect this is due to this only being a test . Will leave this playing most of today while I am using my computer and if you need any detail this is the system

Raspberry Pi4 8GB with Max2play Distro Running LMS 8.3.0 - 1630708871 - Feeding Raspberry Pi 4 with Allo Digione Signature Hat - Feeding MiniDSP DDRC 22D DSP unit - Feeding MiniDSP 10x4 HD Digital Crossover - Feeding 2 x NVA P20 and one NVA P30 power amplifiers which then drive 4 x KEF103 Reference Speakers (1975 model) Two each side stacked with the bottom speaker only connected to the Bass/Mid unit for low bass upper speaker connected and dealing with Mid and Treble .

I will PM you about the LMS plugin as I would like to try it and can give you feedback on that after I install it. Thanks for getting this up and running and it will be interesting to listen going forward.
    The current playlist is simply a random output - it will be different when we have completed the playout testing.

The significant obvious issue at present is the encoder "burp" but there is a bigger underlying issue which testers won't see - we need to re-design the API that exposes the extended metadata. It is not at all efficient.
    Jim

Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers

I have had the occasional hiccup, with no interruption to sound

At approx 1140 and 1150 this am music stopped playing (into SBRadio)

Using Material Skin the time counter was still counting, I hit pause, then play, music restarted

ronnie

just happened again, 1204 pm
    Last edited by Man in a van; 2021-09-14 at 04:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    I have had the occasional hiccup, with no interruption to sound

At approx 1140 and 1150 this am music stopped playing (into SBRadio)

Using Material Skin the time counter was still counting, I hit pause, then play, music restarted

ronnie

just happened again, 1204 pm
    We've not had any outage Ronnie - I have a constant stream open for monitoring the server.
    Jim

Dining Room SB Radio