Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by werdeil View Post
    I think this is the reason, it is possible that I have 70% of artists with less than 3 tracks
    Could you do a quick test for me? Copy the built-in playlist Artists - Never Played (= the file named artists_13_neverplayed.sql.xml) from the DPL plugin folder or the github repo to DPL's custom dynamic playlist folder (the one where users store their own playlist definition files). If you haven't set a custom path for it, it's probably in the LMS playlist folder (default).
    Then open the copied playlist file in any text editor (preferably one that doesn't add stuff like control characters) and change this:
    in line 2 (-- PlaylistGroups:Artists) delete the word Artists. = the playlist will be listed in Not classified = easier to find.
    in line 30 set the value for totaltrackcount > 3 to 1.
    Then restart LMS (just to be sure) and try this playlist.

I don't have this kind of feedback on the material skin view
    I could have sworn it was there at some point but you're right. I'll see if I can add feedback for material skin in a future update.
    Meanwhile if you want to do some tests you can always use SqueezePlay.

In fact I did this test on the "Album - never played" playlist this morning and I got the album I was missing. So this is clearly it.

I will try to work on a PR on GitHub to allow this setting to be customizable, from what I've seen this limit to 3 is almost all requests, is it for performance reason?

I will try to work on a PR on GitHub to allow this setting to be customizable, from what I've seen this limit to 3 is almost all requests, is it for performance reason?
    I had this as a prefs setting in an early version but removed it because there were some issues. No need to PR. I'll check it out to see if there are still issues. Otherwise it will be part of one of the next updates.

Quote Originally Posted by afriend View Post
    I had this as a prefs setting in an early version but removed it because there were some issues. No need to PR. I'll check it out to see if there are still issues. Otherwise it will be part of one of the next updates.
    Wonderful, tell me if I can be of any help

Using Dynamic Playlists to play a subgroup of a Static Playlist

Please let me know if there is a more appropriate thread to ask this, but here's my question...

I have an enormous static playlist of all my favorite songs, and I use Dynamic Playlists to randomize it. I would like the option of choosing a particular genre within the static playlist. Is something like this possible?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by nyindieguy View Post
    Please let me know if there is a more appropriate thread to ask this, but here's my question...

I have an enormous static playlist of all my favorite songs, and I use Dynamic Playlists to randomize it. I would like the option of choosing a particular genre within the static playlist. Is something like this possible?

Thanks.
    context menu

After reading through more of the documentation, it would seem that the way to do this would be a CONTEXT MENU dynamic playlist like the one at https://github.com/AF-1/lms-dynamicplaylists/blob/main/DynamicPlayList/Playlists/zz_contextmenulists/for_playlists/zz_CONTEXTMENU_for_selected_playlist_a01_songs_ran dom.sql.xml , but with the further parameter of selected genres. I don't do code, so if someone is willing to walk me through this, i would greatly appreciate it.

Wonderful, tell me if I can be of any help
    Uploaded some changes to github. Took me a while to get through all the built-in lists. Would appreciate some thorough testing of as many built-in dynamic playlists as you can (incl. context menu dpls). Feedback in Material skin is not client specific meaning that if client A started a dynamic playlist and you have Material skin open in your browser with client B selected you'll get the feedback message about the started dpl anyway. But I think that's ok, better than no feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by nyindieguy View Post
    context menu

After reading through more of the documentation, it would seem that the way to do this would be a CONTEXT MENU dynamic playlist like the one at https://github.com/AF-1/lms-dynamicplaylists/blob/main/DynamicPlayList/Playlists/zz_contextmenulists/for_playlists/zz_CONTEXTMENU_for_selected_playlist_a01_songs_ran dom.sql.xml , but with the further parameter of selected genres. I don't do code, so if someone is willing to walk me through this, i would greatly appreciate it.
    Hi. I didn't get a message from the system about your post. True, that would be a context menu playlist. Before uploading the latest changes to github I've quickly added such a playlist so you can already test it. It should end up in the next release once testing shows no more major bugs.

Uploaded some changes to github. Took me a while to get through all the built-in lists. Would appreciate some thorough testing of as many built-in dynamic playlists as you can (incl. context menu dpls). Feedback in Material skin is not client specific meaning that if client A started a dynamic playlist and you have Material skin open in your browser with client B selected you'll get the feedback message about the started dpl anyway. But I think that's ok, better than no feedback.
    Just looked at your code and seen that you are using Material's 'send-notif' command. Would it help if I extended this to add "client:<id>" then only show these messages if Material's active player ID matches this ID? You would still see the notifications on clients A and B, but only if both had the client as the active player.

[Edit] Done for 2.7.0 - supply "client:id" (e.g. "client:01:02:03:aa:bb:cc") as an extra parameter to "info" and "error" messages, and these will only be shown in Material's current player matches this.
    Last edited by cpd73; 2021-10-02 at 09:57.
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Hi. I didn't get a message from the system about your post. True, that would be a context menu playlist. Before uploading the latest changes to github I've quickly added such a playlist so you can already test it. It should end up in the next release once testing shows no more major bugs.
    Huge thanks for this and for the continuing development of a plugin that I've become dependent on!