Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AF1 View Post
    You have TrackStat. Unsupported but reported to work with LMS 8.0, I think. Then there's RatingButtons.
    As for myself, I use my own plugin: Ratings Light.
    Just installed Ratings Light (lot of features)
    I get it to work with LMS, but with iPeng, while I can select a rating (playlist->More->Rating), it doesn’t get recorded.
    Is this something you’re plug-in can fix, or is it an iPeng issue?
    Tony
     SBTouch ♪ SBRadio ♬

Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    Just installed Ratings Light (lot of features)
    I get it to work with LMS, but with iPeng, while I can select a rating (playlist->More->Rating), it doesn’t get recorded.
    Is this something you’re plug-in can fix, or is it an iPeng issue?
    I must admit that I haven't looked at iPeng in a long time. I use Raspberry Pis with pCP and a Touchscreen in a SmartiPi case to control my players. Plus I can use the Material Skin plugin in any browser. I'll have to take a closer look. To be continued... in the Ratings Light thread.

CustomSkip 3.1.0 has a filter set option now that allows you to limit filtering with a primary filter set to when DPL3 is active. That should do it.
    I just noticed that this new CustomSkip option doesn't seem to be working on built-in DPL lists. I have set my custom skip filter to be primary and DPL only. That should work, right?

Quote Originally Posted by nyindieguy View Post
    I just noticed that this new CustomSkip option doesn't seem to be working on built-in DPL lists. I have set my custom skip filter to be primary and DPL only. That should work, right?
    I can't repoduce this. Works as expected here. Shouldn't make a difference whether you use built-in or custom dpls anyway.
    Since CS3 filter sets are client-specific, I assume that you've checked that the filter set in question is enabled for the correct player/client.
    And as mentioned in the FAQ, once DPL3 can't find any more/new tracks for an active dpl, its status is no longer active. In this case a DPL-only CS3 filter set would no longer be applied. The DPL menu shows if it's still active (you might have to reload the page after a track change).

I can't repoduce this. Works as expected here. Shouldn't make a difference whether you use built-in or custom dpls anyway.
    Since CS3 filter sets are client-specific, I assume that you've checked that the filter set in question is enabled for the correct player/client.
    And as mentioned in the FAQ, once DPL3 can't find any more/new tracks for an active dpl, its status is no longer active. In this case a DPL-only CS3 filter set would no longer be applied. The DPL menu shows if it's still active (you might have to reload the page after a track change).
    Thanks for the response. I'm intrigued/confused by the "client specific" reference. I'm setting the CS3 settings in my browser, using the web interface to my server. Shouldn't that work for any of my devices?

Quote Originally Posted by nyindieguy View Post
    I'm setting the CS3 settings in my browser, using the web interface to my server. Shouldn't that work for any of my devices?
    Yes. Client-specific just means that each client/player can have its own config. For player 1 the primary filter set might be AAA, for player 2 it could be BBB. In other words, when you set the config/filter set in CS3, it's linked to the player/client currently selected in the top right LMS player menu.

So, it turns out that the CustomSkip filter is not working on any playlist, not just the built-in ones. I've checked all the settings and can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Here are some screenshots of my settings.

Name:  Screenshot 2022-05-29 152003.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  33.1 KB

Name:  Screenshot 2022-05-29 152044.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  61.6 KB

The test that I am using is the same one I used many posts ago, which is that I want "Revolution #9" to play when I play the entire White Album by the Beatles, but I don't want it to ever play in a DPL. The CustomSkip filter references a playlist called "skip" that includes all the songs I never want to be included in a DPL. Right now, that is not working.

Sorry to be a bother, but I thought this was working, but it is not (at least not for me).
    Last edited by nyindieguy; 2022-05-29 at 12:30.

Sorry, don't have much time right now. Did a quick test using a DPL-only CS filter set as active primary filter set with a PL containing tracks that are supposed to be skipped. Works here. You only need to set this filter set as active primary filter set, no need to set it as secondary as well. BTW how did you do that with built-in DPL playlists? Did you modify DPL3's built-in playlist by adding an action parameter or something or do you send a CLI command? For now, all I can say is that your scenario works here and the problem may be that you've set your set as primary and secondary filter set. Have you checked your server log for error or warning messages?

No need to reply right away to this, but when you get a chance, I've been troubleshooting this all morning. Here are the steps I took:

1. I don't know how the CS3 filter became both primary and secondary, but I removed the filter and rebuilt it. Now it is only primary and set for DPL only. Still not working.

2. Just in case the playlist I was using as a filter was somehow corrupted, I created a new one with only two songs on it, made it primary DPL only. Still not working.

3. I uninstalled the CS3 plugin, restarted LMS and reinstalled CS3. Still not working.

When I say still not working, each time I test, I use the built-in playlists to play the White Album 3 different ways to see if it skips over the 2 tracks that I have set in my filter. First, I try "Random songs from album." Then I pick "Random songs from static playlist" and choose a playlist I have that is "The Complete Beatles." Then I finally choose "Random songs from Artist." In all three cases, I keep skipping to the next track until I come across one of the tracks that should be skipped. I let the track before it play to the end, hoping it will skip over the verboten song to the one following, but it doesn't.

Thoughts...

Maybe there is a setting wrong here?
    Name:  Screenshot 2022-05-30 153027.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  70.9 KB

Maybe there's something wrong with my installation of DPL? I'm running version 3.5.9.

Tearing my hair out! Thanks for all of your help and your patience with me.
    Last edited by nyindieguy; 2022-05-30 at 12:35.

Maybe let's try this:

1. Before we proceed, I'd ask you again to please check your server log: are there any relevant messages between the time you start your dynamic playlist and the time when CS3 should have skipped a track but didn't? Maybe set the log level for DPL3 and CS3 to Info, repeat your skip test and have another look at the log. If your're not sure what to make of the log messages, post the complete log extract for the relevant time period here (in code tags) and I'll have a look.

2. To determine if your CS3 filter set works in general, edit your active primary filter set: uncheck the Only use with DPL box. Then repeat your skip test. If it works, CS3 is probably not the cause.

3. In that case it may be about DPL3 exiting too soon. If I remember correctly, you had a similar problem before. DPL3's job is to find tracks for your search criteria and LMS is in charge of playback. If DPL3 doesn't find any more tracks, DPL3 exits (of course) and is no longer considered active. Consider this example:
    - active primary CS3 filter set = DPL only
    - current playlist still has unplayed 10 tracks
    - but DPL couldn't find any more tracks matching the search criteria of your dynamic playlist and exists. New DPL status = not active
    - new song starts. Since active CS3 filter set = DPL only, CS3 will check DPL3 active status first before evaluating any skip rules - and DPL3 status = not active (for the reasons explained above) => CS3 will not execute any skip rules from that filter set.

Maybe try this: Set the max. number of unplayed tracks DPL adds to a low number so DPL doesn't exit too soon. That's probably as good as it's going to get if you want to use CS3's DPL-only feature.
    If you want CS3 to apply skip rules up to the very last song in your client's playlist, you'd probably have to create an empty filter set, make your current one global (not DPL-only) and manually switch between the two before starting playback.