Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

[Announce] Dynamic Playlists 3

Before posting here please do take a look at the FAQ.

Please report bugs only here and include relevant server log entries and the version numbers of this plugin, LMS, Perl, and your OS. You'll find them on the LMS > Settings > Plugins and the LMS > Settings > Information pages. Thank you.

Translation: If the localizable strings of this plugin are not yet available in your language, you could help translate them. I'm sure that other users who speak your language will appreciate it. Here's how.

GitHub release feed with change log of the latest version, if available.

If you need help creating your custom dynamic playlist, take a look at this thread.
    Last edited by AF1; 2022-08-16 at 08:00.

I am unable to install the plugin from the repo. When the server restarts after an attempt to install, the server log tell me this:

Code:
    [21-09-02 00:42:45.8786] Slim::bootstrap::tryModuleLoad (286) Warning: Module [Plugins::DynamicPlayList::Plugin] failed to load:
    Can't locate Plugins/DynamicPlayList/Plugin.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Plugins::DynamicPlayList::Plugin module) (@INC contains: /usr/sbin/Plugins/Bandcamp/lib /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Bandcamp/lib /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/BBCSounds/lib /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.28/arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.28/arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int/auto /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.28.1/arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.28.1/arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int/auto /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.28 /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/lib /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN /usr/share/squeezeboxserver /usr/sbin /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/perl/5.28.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.28.1 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/perl5/5.28 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/perl/5.28 /usr/share/perl/5.28 /usr/local/lib/site_perl /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/perl-base) at (eval 900) line 1.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 900) line 1.

[21-09-02 00:42:45.8795] Slim::Utils::PluginManager::load (323) Error: Couldn't load Plugins::DynamicPlayList::Plugin
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.3.0 - 1629376548 @ Thu Aug 19 14:58:08 CEST 2021
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: armv7l-linux
    Perl Version: 5.28.1 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int
    Audio::Scan: 1.02
    IO::Socket::SSL: 2.060
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

Will try a manual install tomorrow.
    Usually running latest beta LMS nightly on Raspberry Pi OS with virtual players (Squeezelite and Airplay bridge). Occasionally using SB Radio, Boom or Classic.

You're right. One lower/upper case letter made all the difference. Should work now though. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by afriend View Post
    You're right. One lower/upper case letter made all the difference. Should work now though. Sorry.
    Thanks! Successfully installed from the repo this morning.

Thank you for doing this. I've been hoping someone would take this on.
    Usually running latest beta LMS nightly on Raspberry Pi OS with virtual players (Squeezelite and Airplay bridge). Occasionally using SB Radio, Boom or Classic.

Not sure if this qualifies as a bug, but I think it's not the expected behavior. There does not seem to be a way to add a dynamic playlist to LMS favorites when using the default web interface. The option to add to favorites is in the context menu of Material skin. Is this a situation where you would expect the user to add the context menu plugin if they want this feature in the default interface?

LMS 3.0, Raspberry Pi OS (Debian)

Meta question: would it be better to start another thread for for questions and comments that don't qualify as bugs? I'm not sure if the statement, "Please report bugs only here" means that nothing but bug reports should go in this thread, or that bugs should never reported anywhere but in this thread. Or both.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbH View Post
    Not sure if this qualifies as a bug, but I think it's not the expected behavior. There does not seem to be a way to add a dynamic playlist to LMS favorites when using the default web interface. The option to add to favorites is in the context menu of Material skin. Is this a situation where you would expect the user to add the context menu plugin if they want this feature in the default interface?
    I don't use favorites. But should be fixed in 3.1.2.
    BTW just in case you'd like to create your own custom dynamic playlists for favorites please note that one thing hasn't changed since the old DPL version: you can only add dynamic playlists to favorites that are "one-click" playlists, meaning those that don't request further parameter input from users. Only those dynamic playlist will show the save as fav. button.
    Last edited by AF1; 2021-09-03 at 11:50.

Custom Skip Plugin

Unfortunately after you take over Dynamic Playlists Custom Skip Plugin is not working anymore. Any plan to fix it?

Thanks
    Marco

Is there a way that I can have a dynamicplaylist that only queues 5 songs from a selected artist and then stops adding new songs thus handing the playlist queue over to DSTM\LastMix to continue adding songs. I know this may seem counterintuitive to the purpose of this plugin but I am trying to create a scenario where I can create an artist random seed for LastMix to build upon.

Quote Originally Posted by shinedou View Post
    Is there a way that I can have a dynamicplaylist that only queues 5 songs from a selected artist and then stops adding new songs thus handing the playlist queue over to DSTM\LastMix to continue adding songs. I know this may seem counterintuitive to the purpose of this plugin but I am trying to create a scenario where I can create an artist random seed for LastMix to build upon.
    Actually, there is. It's called Add-Only mode. In the web UI just click on the + and it should only add a number of songs instead of starting a dynamic playlist. You can change the number of songs added on the settings page.

Quote Originally Posted by afriend View Post
    Actually, there is. It's called Add-Only mode. In the web UI just click on the + and it should only add a number of songs instead of starting a dynamic playlist. You can change the number of songs added on the settings page.
    Are you talking about the plus (+) sign in the web ui that appends the songs of an artist to the queue? So this is not part of the dynamic playlist plug-in that you are talking about? Correct? Where in the settings do I control the number of songs added? I am not seeing a setting for this.

If this is what you are talking about the one problem with this way of doing it is that it is not random which is why I was hoping there was a way to use dynamic playlist to do it.