Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
    Quote Originally Posted by AF1 View Post
    True. Just checked with the latest Material GitHub version.
    Many thanks for the feedback AF1 and cpd73 and sorry for the false alert (issue).
    I just saw that this issue was fixed in the skin. All good now (and the plugin is awesome as your other plugins )

Hi AF1,

I'm still exploring your plugin and I experience a minor issue. Not sure if it's a dumb-user-error but I cannot figure out what I may have done wrong.

I'm trying to show some of my own DPLs directly in the DPL menu, i.e. not in a group.
    So I:
    - removed the -- PlaylistGroups:xxx tag from the DPL definition
    - disabled the checkbox Group custom dynamic playlists without group classification
    - disabled the setting Use sub directories of saved standard playlists as groups (just to be safe)
    - restarted LMS - just to be safe
    - tested the behaviour in the default skin (to avoid issues with Material skin)

but it still shows my custom playlist in the group Not Classified
    Name:  dpl.png
Views: 72
Size:  29.5 KB

Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 - 1627922070 @ Tue Aug 3 11:43:18 CEST 2021
    Operating system: piCore - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: armv7l-linux
    Perl Version: 5.32.1 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int
    Audio::Scan: 1.05
    IO::Socket::SSL: 2.071
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)
    DPL v3.5.19

Good catch. And thanks for all the information. Makes troubleshooting easier. Since grouping is enabled by default, I guess nobody had noticed until now. Should be fixed in 3.5.20.

Good catch. And thanks for all the information. Makes troubleshooting easier. Since grouping is enabled by default, I guess nobody had noticed until now. Should be fixed in 3.5.20.
    Cool, many thanks and let me know, if you need some logs

how to update DP3 and new (recently added) songs

Hi AF1!
    "Dynamic Playlist 3" with own SQL playlists is why I still use my LMS - great plugin - many thanks for your work!

I've two questions:
    1) I've used 3.2.6 for a were long time becuase I was not aware of a newer version. Today I deactivated "Dynamic PLaylist 3" and activated again - fortunately DP3 has been installed with the newest release.
    What is the usual way to get to know there is an update and then how to update then best?
    2) I have tried to implement my own playlist for new songs (recently added) - but struggled. How to select e.g. only songs which have been added max up to 6 months in the past?

Thanks, Martin

Quote Originally Posted by martingr View Post
    Hi AF1!
    "Dynamic Playlist 3" with own SQL playlists is why I still use my LMS - great plugin - many thanks for your work!

I've two questions:
    1) I've used 3.2.6 for a were long time becuase I was not aware of a newer version. Today I deactivated "Dynamic PLaylist 3" and activated again - fortunately DP3 has been installed with the newest release.
    What is the usual way to get to know there is an update and then how to update then best?
    2) I have tried to implement my own playlist for new songs (recently added) - but struggled. How to select e.g. only songs which have been added max up to 6 months in the past?

Thanks, Martin
    Hi Martin.

Glad you like DPL3. Many users I know just use the daily automatic SW updater: LMS settings > advanced > software updates. I think if you disable auto-DL of new updates, LMS will at least display a notification informing you that new versions are available.

Recently relative to today or to the date of the last library import? The latter makes more sense to me because, after all, if you haven't added anything in the last 6 months, the dpl will come up empty.
    DPL comes actually with a built-in dynamic playlist called "Songs - last added (by genre + min. rating)". If it doesn't work the way you want, you can always copy it, make changes and use it as a custom dpl (see FAQ). BTW if you need help with custom dpls, there's a dedicated thread for that (see first post). Hope I could answer your questions.

update Dynamic Playlists

Hi Martin.

Glad you like DPL3. Many users I know just use the daily automatic SW updater: LMS settings > advanced > software updates. I think if you disable auto-DL of new updates, LMS will at least display a notification informing you that new versions are available.

Recently relative to today or to the date of the last library import? The latter makes more sense to me because, after all, if you haven't added anything in the last 6 months, the dpl will come up empty.
    DPL comes actually with a built-in dynamic playlist called "Songs - last added (by genre + min. rating)". If it doesn't work the way you want, you can always copy it, make changes and use it as a custom dpl (see FAQ). BTW if you need help with custom dpls, there's a dedicated thread for that (see first post). Hope I could answer your questions.
    Updating it once manually and disable auto-Dl of new updates did the trick!
    I’ve got notification for your recent release!

Regarding “last added” I’ll switch the thread as you mentioned!

Thanks, Martin