Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Ssh

  1. #1

    Ssh

    Tried logging into one of my players this morning via SSH only to find:
    Permission denied, please try again.

    I know I haven't changed the password. Other than doing a reinstall, is there any way of resetting the password?

  2. #2
    Babelfish's Best Boy mherger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    20,600

    Ssh

    > Tried logging into one of my players this morning via SSH only to find:
    > Permission denied, please try again.


    Did you enable SSH on the device?

  3. #3
    Babelfish's Best Boy mherger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    20,600

    Ssh

    On 01.09.21 13:13, Mark Fraser wrote:
    >> Did you enable SSH on the device?

    > Yes,
    > Fing is showing ports 22 80 open.


    What kind of player is this? Squeezebox doesn't have a web UI (port 80).

  4. #4

    Ssh

    On 01/09/2021 12:30, Michael Herger wrote:
    > On 01.09.21 13:13, Mark Fraser wrote:
    > >> Did you enable SSH on the device?

    > > Yes,
    > > Fing is showing ports 22 80 open.

    >
    > What kind of player is this? Squeezebox doesn't have a web UI (port 80).


    Sorry, I should've said that is a PiCorePlayer device.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    6,214
    Quote Originally Posted by mfraser View Post
    On 01/09/2021 12:30, Michael Herger wrote:
    > On 01.09.21 13:13, Mark Fraser wrote:
    > >> Did you enable SSH on the device?

    > > Yes,
    > > Fing is showing ports 22 80 open.

    >
    > What kind of player is this? Squeezebox doesn't have a web UI (port 80).


    Sorry, I should've said that is a PiCorePlayer device.
    The default SSH is tc / piCore
    Jim
    https://jukeradio.double6.net


    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

  6. #6
    Senior Member Tony T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,178
    Try using:
    ssh -oKexAlgorithms=+diffie-hellman-group1-sha1 -c aes128-cbc 192.168.xx.x -l root
    Tony
     SBTouch ♪ SBRadio ♬

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UK/London
    Posts
    4,767
    Have you verified the other things that catch people out when passwords that always worked suddenly stop working?
    e.g.

    a) the keyboard that you are using has num lock not pressed or caps lock pressed ... or somehow you have switched keyboard language and some of the key presses now send unexpected characters

    b) you are trying to login to a different device to the one that you intended
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin, AllZIC Radio, Caroline Flashback, Cesky rozhlas, Frequence3, JukeRadio, KlassikRadio.de, Linn Radio, Mother Earth, Naim Radio, Nova.fr, RadioBlues Flac, Radio Espace, Somehow Jazz, Supla Finland

  8. #8

    Ssh

    On 01/09/2021 14:51, Tony T wrote:
    >
    > Try using:
    > ssh -oKexAlgorithms=+diffie-hellman-group1-sha1 -c aes128-cbc
    > 192.168.xx.x -l root


    Unable to negotiate with 192.168.2.150 port 22: no matching cipher
    found. Their offer:
    chacha20-poly1305 (AT) openssh (DOT)...nssh (DOT) com

  9. #9

    Ssh

    On 01/09/2021 16:12, Paul Webster wrote:
    >
    > Have you verified the other things that catch people out when passwords
    > that always worked suddenly stop working?
    > e.g.
    >
    > a) the keyboard that you are using has num lock not pressed or caps lock
    > pressed ... or somehow you have switched keyboard language and some of
    > the key presses now send unexpected characters


    It is working with the other 2 PiCorePlayers.

    > b) you are trying to login to a different device to the one that you
    > intended


    All I'm using is:
    ssh tc (AT) kitchen (DOT) local

    Kitchen is the name of the player as setup in Squeezelite settings.

    I can't even change the password on the security page. It shows:
    WARNING: Using default tc password.

    But if I use the default password and try to change the password:
    [ ERROR ] Current password incorrect.

    [ ERROR ] Password not changed.

    > Paul Webster
    > http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    > author of "now playing" plugins covering radio france (fip etc),
    > planetradio (bauer - kiss, absolute, scala, jazzfm etc), kcrw, supla
    > finland, abc australia, cbc/radio-canada and rte ireland
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > Paul Webster's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=105
    > View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=115069
    >
    >

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    7,801
    Quote Originally Posted by mfraser View Post
    On 01/09/2021 16:12, Paul Webster wrote:
    >
    > Have you verified the other things that catch people out when passwords
    > that always worked suddenly stop working?
    > e.g.
    >
    > a) the keyboard that you are using has num lock not pressed or caps lock
    > pressed ... or somehow you have switched keyboard language and some of
    > the key presses now send unexpected characters


    It is working with the other 2 PiCorePlayers.

    > b) you are trying to login to a different device to the one that you
    > intended


    All I'm using is:
    ssh tc (AT) kitchen (DOT) local

    Kitchen is the name of the player as setup in Squeezelite settings.

    I can't even change the password on the security page. It shows:
    WARNING: Using default tc password.

    But if I use the default password and try to change the password:
    [ ERROR ] Current password incorrect.

    [ ERROR ] Password not changed.

    > Paul Webster
    > http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    > author of "now playing" plugins covering radio france (fip etc),
    > planetradio (bauer - kiss, absolute, scala, jazzfm etc), kcrw, supla
    > finland, abc australia, cbc/radio-canada and rte ireland
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > Paul Webster's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=105
    > View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=115069
    >
    >
    Have you tried using the IP address instead of the player name to log in?

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •