Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade LMS

Quote Originally Posted by zoleprole View Post
    And computer must be always turn on?
    Needs to be on and booted before you can play from it yes.

A Raspberry Pi 4 makes a good and well supported LMS server using PicorePlayer
    You can leave this on 24/7 as its low powered 5W or so

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...=1#post1027389

Jeff

Want a webapp ? Get SqueezeLite-X ! https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post903953

OK, I understend, you suggest me replace my ST to Raspberry Pi 4.
    I will do that.
    For Raspberry Pi 4 it is not necessary separate computer, LMS install on SD card Raspberry Pi 4, right?

Correct (if by computer you mean a computer that is not a Raspberry Pi computer).
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

OK, I understend, you suggest me replace my ST to Raspberry Pi 4.
    I will do that.
    For Raspberry Pi 4 it is not necessary separate computer, LMS install on SD card Raspberry Pi 4, right?
    You can replace the ST with a RPi4 but do not have to.

You need the RPi to run LMS v8.2.1 ( The latest stable) as the ST cannot
    You can still use your Touch as the PLAYER and the RPi 4 running LMS is the SERVER which handles the transcoding etc for your FLAC streams.
    To begin you just need to burn a pCP (PicorePlayer) SDCard and put in RPi

Later you can add a Dac HAT to the Rpi4 to have ANOTHER player if you wish it is not REQUIRED

Jeff

Want a webapp ? Get SqueezeLite-X ! https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post903953

I have DAC, and I don't need 2 players, and my ST sometimes getting on my nerves.
    OK, I I need to buy RPi4 with 4 Gb RAM, some box, touch screen if I want to , power supply, sd card and that is all?
    Put my hard disk with music in usb on RPi4 and I listen to music .

I have DAC, and I don't need 2 players, and my ST sometimes getting on my nerves.
    OK, I I need to buy RPi4 with 4 Gb RAM, some box, touch screen if I want to , power supply, sd card and that is all?
    Put my hard disk with music in usb on RPi4 and I listen to music .
    correct. Put piCorePlayer on the SD card and you're in business. See:
    https://www.picoreplayer.org/
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Is not correct, I can not conect RPi4 and my DAC without Allo DigiOne, am I right?
    Now understand what Jeff07971 advises me.

Is not correct, I can not conect RPi4 and my DAC without Allo DigiOne, am I right?
    Now understand what Jeff07971 advises me.
    Does your DAC have a USB input. If so, you can connect to the USB on your rPi4. Otherwise you'll need some sort of HAT (the Allo is just one of many).
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

And I suspect your TOUCH is fine as player. first I'd add LMS to rPi4 and use with TOUCH and see how that works. That's what Jeff was suggesting.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    And I suspect your TOUCH is fine as player. first I'd add LMS to rPi4 and use with TOUCH and see how that works. That's what Jeff was suggesting.
    agree with Gary and Jeff. The probable reason that the Touch "got on your nerves" is because you were running "tiny LMS" (built into the touch). You can crash "tiny" if you ask it to do too much, and it hasn't been supported or upgraded in years. I'm betting when you get a much more powerful and supported LMS your love for your touch will return....

Jim