Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinMaxi View Post
    I have now set up a new install of picoreplayer and lms on a raspberry pi 4 model b based on the helpful advice on the previous posts. My usb hard drive is connected to the pi.

After some trial and error I am able to use my Touch to access music on the hard drive and now can access bbc sounds and other plugins on the Touch. LMS web interface was a steep learning curve as I had never used this before.

My problem is that there is no sound. What 'audio output device setting' should I select in Squeezelite Settings bearing in mind the only connection between the pi and and Touch is an Ethernet cable?
    Your Touch is connected to amp/speakers or powered speakers?

In the LMS web user interface select your Touch from the player dropdown box.

Name:  chooseplayer.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  32.9 KB
    LMS server/study player - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.1.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > Topping E30 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Echo Show 8
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier

Spares - 1xSB Touch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, 1xDAC32, 1xCORE32

Yes the Touch is connected to my Amplifier. I have now selected the Touch in the dropdown menu as advised. Still no sound from streaming services or the usb hard drive.

However, I noticed that when watching the display on the Touch it is only playing the first few seconds of each music track.

Yes the Touch is connected to my Amplifier. I have now selected the Touch in the dropdown menu as advised. Still no sound from streaming services or the usb hard drive.

However, I noticed that when watching the display on the Touch it is only playing the first few seconds of each music track.
    Is this an integrated amplifier, and are you using the digital or analogue outputs on the Touch?

ronnie

My problem is that there is no sound. What 'audio output device setting' should I select in Squeezelite Settings bearing in mind the only connection between the pi and and Touch is an Ethernet cable?
    Connecting the Touch to the Pi with an ethernet cable doesn't sound right. They should both be connected to your router.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Success! It works!

Further to the advice above and looking at the settings on the Touch device I saw an option for choosing the player. Selecting this setting the display came up with 2 options namely Squeezebox Touch and picCoreplayer. PiCorePlayer was ticked so I changed to the Squeezebox Touch option and the menus changed and now I have sound.

I don't quite understand it yet, but music on the USB hard drive now plays correctly and I have streaming services.

Thank you for all the tips and advice. I'll spend a little time to see what else this set up can do.

Name:  IMG_4672 resized.JPG
Views: 62
Size:  32.0 KB

Connecting the Touch to the Pi with an ethernet cable doesn't sound right. They should both be connected to your router.
    Sorry that wasn't clear, they are both connected to my router.

Success! It works!

Further to the advice above and looking at the settings on the Touch device I saw an option for choosing the player. Selecting this setting the display came up with 2 options namely Squeezebox Touch and picCoreplayer. PiCorePlayer was ticked so I changed to the Squeezebox Touch option and the menus changed and now I have sound.

I don't quite understand it yet, but music on the USB hard drive now plays correctly and I have streaming services.

Thank you for all the tips and advice. I'll spend a little time to see what else this set up can do.

piCorePlayer has a software player built-in (Squeezelite). The Squeezelite player is named piCorePlayer by default. As you are obviously not using this player, you can turn it off on the pCP main page, and disable it on the "Tweaks" page.

The Squeezebox Touch and the Squeezebox Radio, can control any other software or hardware squeezebox player on your network if you select it in the Touch's "Choose Player" menu.

Initially your Touch was controlling piCorePlayer (hence no sound), turning this player off will avoid any future confusion!

Name:  squeezelite.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  70.4 KB
    LMS server/study player - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.1.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > Topping E30 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Echo Show 8
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier

Spares - 1xSB Touch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, 1xDAC32, 1xCORE32

Success! It works!

piCorePlayer automatically installs a Squeezelite player (headphones) and starts it.

If you want to use the raspberry pi as only a LMS server then you can prevent Squeezelite starting by going to the Tweaks tab, scroll down the page and adjust the setting to stop Squeezelite.

Remember to save the setting

ronnie

Edit: Snap