Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[Announce] Use Comment Tag Info

Before posting here please take a look at the github page for more information.

And the plugin's settings page has more detailled information and some examples.

Please report bugs only here (including relevant server log entries and the version number of LMS and your OS). Thank you.
    Last edited by AF1; 2021-10-19 at 08:47.

Looks interesting. Can you define what is meant by 'define and display custom title formats'?

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by afriend View Post
    This plugin uses (key)words in your music files' comment tags to:

• add extra information to the song details page
    • define and display custom title formats
    • create virtual libraries with browse menus

Full/current description here.

I don't use the comment tag, but I've just had a play with this, maybe useful to give an idea of some possible uses? There's probably plenty more?

Name:  use01.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  71.6 KB

Name:  use02.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  50.7 KB

Name:  use03.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  54.5 KB

Name:  use04.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  34.9 KB

Name:  use05.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  21.9 KB
    Server - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/Pi screen/pCP 8.1.0 > HiFiBerry DAC HAT > Edifier
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.1.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > Topping E30 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Echo Show 8
    Garage - Rpi4/pCP/AP mode > Touch > Edifier

Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi, 1xDAC32, 1xCORE32

Quote Originally Posted by Shozzer View Post
    Looks interesting. Can you define what is meant by 'define and display custom title formats'?
    Quote Originally Posted by the plugin's setting page
    Title Formats are available for selection both in the web interface and on players. They can be used to display a short string or a character on the Now Playing screensaver and the Music Information plugin screensaver or to append a string to the track title
    once you've set your custom title format .. you'll find it on the LMS settings > Interface page
    Custom title formats can be used for many things and in many ways I guess, just like kidstypike said.

example 1:
    search string: JPS, format name: Peel, displayed title format string: (John Peel Session)

on the LMS settings > Interface page you'd find a new title format UCTI_PEEL (= plugin id prefix + format name in upper case)
    create and choose a new title format: TITLE UCTI_PEEL
    now every view that uses title formats will display tracks with JPS in their comment tags as Title Name (John Peel Session). Otherwise just the title name.

example 2:
    I have a collection of songs that I like very much by bands I saw live, some are rated, some are not, very different songs from all over the place.
    search string: favlive, format name: sawthemlive, displayed title format string: black heart icon

I use the custom title format to display some icon on the now playing screen of my Boom device using the Music Information Screen plugin.
    there should be a custom title format called UCTI_SAWTHEMLIVE on the LMS settings > Interface page
    I'll create a new one called RL_RATING_STARS UCTI_SAWTHEMLIVE and on the LMS settings > Player > Music Information screen page > Screensaver Two lines (standard) so I can display both, track ratings and this icon
    I choose this title format for the upper left corner to display available track ratings and the black heart in case the current song belongs to that group.

I'm not sure if my explanations helped but I hope they gave you at least an idea of what you can do with this plugin.

Thanks for that. I will have to have a play around with the plugin. The only thing is that I use the comments section a lot in connection with classical music - album notes etc.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by afriend View Post
    Custom title formats can be used for many things and in many ways I guess, just like kidstypike said.

example 1:
    search string: JPS, format name: Peel, displayed title format string: (John Peel Session)

on the LMS settings > Interface page you'd find a new title format UCTI_PEEL (= plugin id prefix + format name in upper case)
    create and choose a new title format: TITLE UCTI_PEEL
    now every view that uses title formats will display tracks with JPS in their comment tags as Title Name (John Peel Session). Otherwise just the title name.

example 2:
    I have a collection of songs that I like very much by bands I saw live, some are rated, some are not, very different songs from all over the place.
    search string: favlive, format name: sawthemlive, displayed title format string: black heart icon

I use the custom title format to display some icon on the now playing screen of my Boom device using the Music Information Screen plugin.
    there should be a custom title format called UCTI_SAWTHEMLIVE on the LMS settings > Interface page
    I'll create a new one called RL_RATING_STARS UCTI_SAWTHEMLIVE and on the LMS settings > Player > Music Information screen page > Screensaver Two lines (standard) so I can display both, track ratings and this icon
    I choose this title format for the upper left corner to display available track ratings and the black heart in case the current song belongs to that group.

I'm not sure if my explanations helped but I hope they gave you at least an idea of what you can do with this plugin.

I am attempting to install this plugin, but having the same problems as when I first tried to install your new Dynamic Playlists plugin, It appears to install, then after restarting the server the plugin page reports there is an update for the plugin, and after installing the update and restarting the server again, it's back in the list of inactive third-party plugins.
    LMS 8 nightly running on Raspberry Pi OS. Mostly virtual players, occasionally with SB Radio, Boom or Classic.

Thanks for letting me know. Fixed yet another typo. Getting old... :-o Should work as soon as the LMS main repo picks up the fixed version.

just discovered the beauty of this plugin. I have use cases for it. So great work.
    What i've discovered, is that every custom menu is under "My Custom Menus". It would be nice if this String is customizable without digging into the plugin code.
    Thanks again for this plugin.

Quote Originally Posted by mamema View Post
    just discovered the beauty of this plugin. I have use cases for it. So great work.
    What i've discovered, is that every custom menu is under "My Custom Menus". It would be nice if this String is customizable without digging into the plugin code.
    Thanks again for this plugin.
    Glad you like it. If you're referring to the displayed name of the (home menu) parent folder for the browse menus of your virtual libraries you should be able to change it in the settings (I think I put it in the extras section).
    Plugin repositories: Ratings Light •••• Visual Statistics •••• Use Comment Tag Info •••• Dynamic Playlists 3 FAQ •••• Custom Skip 3 FAQ

indeed! Thank you