Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Boom knob push function does not work - Need replacement

Hi all,

I have a 12 year old boom, where the push function of the big knob on the front is not working anymore.
    By turning the knob, I can scroll through the menu, but I can not select the item anymore. And therefore I can not select any song or radio station.
    While using the remote control, I can select any menu item.

The systems besides this issue works flawless.

I want to replace the potential meter, but have no clue (without opening) what I need and where to buy.
    Does anyone know what and where to but.

Thanks in advance.

My center knob push function failed as well. You can use the ">" Play button on Boom itself to select menu items.

here is a link to the disassembly, and a number of other good "boom info" posts. https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post727193

Does the tactile feel of the push knob feel right? You might want to try opening it and cleaning with deoxit first. I had a boom where scrolling was "jumpy" and deoxit fixed that

Jim

The Boom knob is not a potentiometer but a rotary encoder.
    Check with Philippe, he may have a spare left see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Rotary-Encoder where user had same problem, push button failure.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    The Boom knob is not a potentiometer but a rotary encoder.
    Check with Philippe, he may have a spare left see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Rotary-Encoder where user had same problem, push button failure.
    I do
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Boom knob push function does not work - Need replacement

Philippe, I send you a pb.

I've received ~10 knobs that I'm happy to store for the community. The set cost me $3 per unit (alibaba) so let me know if you want one, as usual it's a non-profit hobby
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3