Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Patching a SB touch

I have a Touch which has been pretty reliable over powerlines until last night when it all went south and wouldn't recognise LMS at all. When I sign into squeezer there is no player available and LMS is also flagging up 0 players recognised. I gave up trying to reconnect last night and am just starting again now. The Touch is on firmware 7.7.3 r16676 and LMS is 8.2.0 I checked the server log and have "You're using a SB Touch with a buggy firmware not recognising this version of LMS. Please consider patching it. Until then we'll try to play nice and return a fake version number..." I also get a link to github which is a readme about SB radio and LMS 8. I've followed the link and it talks about SB Radio firmware 7.7.3 having a bug that doesn't like LMS 8+

It suggests a patch for SB Radio but I have a Touch but have tried it anyway. It tells me to "On the radio go to settings/advanced/applet installer and install Patch Installer" - I have done that. Then, when rebooted, go to settings/advanced/patch installer and install "Version Comparison Fix". I've clicked on Patch Installer but there is no menu. Ive checked on server info on the Touch and all the mysqueezebox server data is present but all the LMS data is marked as Not Connected.

So the upshot is my LMS server log is asking me to patch my Touch as it's firmware is buggy but I'm not sure I'm using the correct method to patch or I'm doing it wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as the 1997 version of Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back on CD have just arrived and I would like to listen to them

Cheers in anticipation.

You should not need to patch it because ... "we'll try to play nice and return a fake version number".
    So LMS tells touch that it is a v7 LMS.

Something else is going wrong.

Can you go back to basics and verify whether or not it works when connecting via ethernet?
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin, AllZIC Radio, Caroline Flashback, Cesky rozhlas, Frequence3, JukeRadio, KlassikRadio.de, Linn Radio, Mother Earth, Naim Radio, Nova.fr, RadioBlues Flac, Radio Espace, Somehow Jazz, Supla Finland

Thanks for that Paul. Hopefully eliminates a dead end. I've just connected via powerline, a VERY long ethernet cable direct to router and via wifi and with all options the player isn't recognised and LMS isn't showing up under "server info". I'll carry on digging and let you know if I unearth anything.

Ran LMS in safe mode and id a factory reset on touch. No players are connected and no LMS in server info

Now got firmware 7.8.0 r16754 in general info

Being offerered software updates for mysquuezebox 7.7.3 r16676 and update for user pc (where LMS is) 7.8.0 r16754

Do I accept them?

Quote Originally Posted by onesandnoughts View Post
    Ran LMS in safe mode and id a factory reset on touch. No players are connected and no LMS in server info

Being offerered software updates for mysquuezebox 7.7.3 r16676 and update for user pc (where LMS is) 7.8.0 r16754

Do I accept them?
    Ignore the mysqueezebox firmware update. The other one is the same as you already have so can be ignored as well.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Result!! I think. I had an email from Virgin this afternoon stating that they were going to adjust settings in our hub to make it faster etc. I then realised i'd forgotten that we run our hub in modem mode and use a secondary router. When I fiddled last night and earlier on I only reset the router and not them modem / hub. So I turned both off, waited 10 mins and on again (very IT crowd), did a factory reset and bingo - firing on all cylinders again.

Thanks for the replies and you time.

Cheers,

Karl

Quote Originally Posted by onesandnoughts View Post

Do I accept them?
    The latest official firmware for the Touch is 7.8.0 r16754. Strange that mysqueezebox is saying 7.7.3 for an update. My Touch was stuck on the older firmware and I had to manually update it to 7.8.0.

Glad to hear yours is working again. Amazing how power off and on seems to fix things.

since you're running LMS 8.2 you may want to tick the "community firmware" in LMS > Settings > Plugins. This will update any TOUCH, RADIO, or duet CONTROLLER's firmware to 8.0.1. I've been running this a while and have zero issues. Note that after installing the plugin, it may be 24 hours before you see your TOUCH show on its screen an option to update firmware (or on TOUCH menu go to settings, advanced, software updates, all after about 24 hours).
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

You also need to enable it. Settings > Advanced > Community . . .

Name:  enableit.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  31.5 KB
    Server - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP 8.0.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/pCP 8.0.0/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by P Nelson View Post
    The latest official firmware for the Touch is 7.8.0 r16754. Strange that mysqueezebox is saying 7.7.3 for an update. My Touch was stuck on the older firmware and I had to manually update it to 7.8.0.

Glad to hear yours is working again. Amazing how power off and on seems to fix things.
    Thanks for that. It is indeed one of lifes greatest mysteries Also Star Wars CDs sound great.