Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Another way of looking at it is that the more people that use a streaming service that does rely on mysqueezebox.com makes it more likely that Logitech will keep it running

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    I hope you are right but I would feel more confident if the service was run by a company that believes in the platform ☺️
    Last edited by mrbang; 2021-07-28 at 12:31.

Another way of looking at it is that the more people that use a streaming service that does rely on mysqueezebox.com makes it more likely that Logitech will keep it running

Lets hope so!

I use SB.Com at my office for generally radio and internet stream listening. (At home, I use LMS with PiCorePlayer.)

You asked about integration. Here one would have to say Spotify probably has the edge but it depends how you intend to use the service.
    I have both Spotify for historic reasons and Qobuz.
    Of the two I use Qobuz far more but Iím using both to play stuff entirely from within LMS and I donít use Spotify Connect. There is no equivalent for Qobuz.
    I do however do all my ďaddingĒ through either the Qobuz or Spotify official apps as itís easy / easier to find something in either then favourite it and then go to LMS and itís available to play even before an Online Music Library rescan.
    You can add stuff via LMS but it can be cumbersome and isnít necessarily intuitive.
    DSTM combined with LastMix makes very good use of Qobuz imho
    Jim
    https://jukeradio.double6.net

VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Spotify HiFi might take a while to find itís way into LMS. I use Qobuz

Why?. At this time it is working with Spotty. Quobuz works very well. But it is priced double than Spotify

Regards

JP

Quote Originally Posted by jotap_66 View Post
    Why?. At this time it is working with Spotty. Quobuz works very well. But it is priced double than Spotify

Regards

JP
    Don't you think Spotify will charge more for Spotify HiFi?

Don't you think Spotify will charge more for Spotify HiFi?

There was a view that because they increased the cost of some of their premium offerings (family etc I believe) there would not be a further price increase for the HIFi offering making it an attractive option vs Amazon and Apple.

After the initial announcement I was quite excited but now not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by jotap_66 View Post

Regards

JP
    Because Spotty which Michael has developed for LMS uses LibreSpot - a library of GPL code from third party developers. At this stage we do not even know what codec Spotify will use to deliver their HiFi offering - it could be simply Flac in an Ogg container or something less mainstream but whatever it is it will need to be built into LibreSpot first. It may be trivial or it may be complicated but inevitably we wont get Spotify HiFi into LMS on day 1 of their service.
    Jim
    https://jukeradio.double6.net

VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

I think one also has to consider which of the streaming services that will be present in 5 years or so. I've got maybe 40 playlists that I've maintained for next to 10 years and I wouldn't want to have to start all over because my service shuts down. The two services that are very likely to still be here in 5 years are Spotify and Apple music.
    //Johan

Windows 10
    LMS 8.0
    Local Player Plugin (Squeezelite)
    Intel Compute Stick

I have Spotify, Deezer, Tidal and, to me, they have different strength and weaknesses.

Spotify. Best playlists. Their algorithm is the best, probably supported by the largest number of listeners. Good LMS integration but no hi-fi tier at present

Deezer. Best search function. Unmatched if you have a favorite artist and want to access music where he/she is the contributing artist rather than the main artist. Search reveals the largest number of albums at least for the genres that I like. deezer flow is very very good as it gives you a recap of your past playlists. hif-fi tier available but poor LMS integration with circular menus

Tidal. They started the hi-fi thing. we would be stuck with 320k without them. no mqa integration with LMS but mqa found annoying by some. equally annoying ownership. but supposedly pays the artists better and has very good LMS integration.

in terms of sound:

deezer>=tidal>spotify

Streaming Service - Why? and How do you use it?

I hope you don't mind me asking this is the middle of this "which" thread. I do not use a streaming service and am wondering what I am missing. Honestly, I am looking for you to talk me into one

I have sb devices all over the place. Alot of my days are spent with music playing. I listen to my music library, about 20 or so of my favorite radio stations, and podcasts from time to time. I find that the radio stations "introduce" me to new music and artists, and "remind" me of music that I knew of, haven't heard in a while, etc. I listen to my library when I "feel like" listening to a particular artist or album. I use the youtube plugin to "look up" an artist a friend might mention.

I do have nice audio equipment, but also enjoy something as simple as the sb radio.

So, tell me, do the streaming services have "stations"? Do they have other ways of introducing you to new music (ala pandora)? Do you say to yourself "I feel like listening to ***" and go out and look at their available catalog?

I guess I am asking you how you use it, and what you like about it to spend the monthly. Why is it better than, for example, the 4 radio paradise FLAC streams?

Thanks

Jim