Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Best online streaming service for LMS

I am looking for the streaming service that has the best (most stable) integration with LMS and without requiring signup on mysqueezebox.com. I am currently considering Spotify and Deezer. Do you have any recommendations? Or maybe some I should stay away from?
    Last edited by mrbang; 2021-07-25 at 11:19.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbang View Post
    I am looking for the streaming service that has the best (most stable) integration with LMS and without requiring signup on mysqueezebox.com. I am currently considering Spotify and Deezer. Do you have any recommendations? Or maybe some I should stay away from?
    I thought Deezer required mySB.com?

Choices are afaik limited to

Spotify - not FLAC
    Qobuz - FLAC to 24/192
    Neither requires mySB.com

Deezer - Not sure
    Tidal - FLAC not Masters
    Both require mySB.com

Unless you count bandcamp, soundcloud etc
    Jim
    https://jukeradio.double6.net

VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    I thought Deezer required mySB.com?

Choices are afaik limited to

Spotify - not FLAC
    Qobuz - FLAC to 24/192
    Neither requires mySB.com

Deezer - Not sure
    Tidal - FLAC not Masters
    Both require mySB.com

Unless you count bandcamp, soundcloud etc
    Thanks for the input!

Can someone inform me if Deezer requires mysb,com because I dont know either? Lossless is a requirement but it seems like it may come to Spotify soonů Qobuz could be an option but it misses some local (danish) content.
    Last edited by mrbang; 2021-07-25 at 14:08.

Best online streaming service withplugin for LMS

On Sun, Jul 25, 2021 at 09:00:17PM +0000, mrbang wrote:
    >Can someone inform me if Deezer requires mysb,com because I dont know
    >either?

Deezer requires mysb.com, currently no chance to use it with mysb.com
    disabled.

Cheers,

Schoepp

Qobuz for me every day - Hirez streamed as pure flac, decent price, online integration works really well.

I used to be on Tidal, but hirez in MQA is a non-starter.

Hi:

Spotty plug-in for LMS works very well. In LMS version 8 the streaming and local library can used as one. You can mix local references with streaming references. Later this year Spotify is going to be lossless. They announced the name of the service. Spotify HIFI.

Regards.

JP

Quote Originally Posted by jotap_66 View Post
    Hi:

Spotty plug-in for LMS works very well. In LMS version 8 the streaming and local library can used as one. You can mix local references with streaming references. Later this year Spotify is going to be lossless. They announced the name of the service. Spotify HIFI.

Regards.

JP
    Spotify HiFi might take a while to find itĺs way into LMS. I use Qobuz
    Jim
    https://jukeradio.double6.net

VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

I am also interested is streaming service that works with LMS, but the focus is on ease of use. Of course "ease of use" is subjective. For many people on this forum with their technical skills, all might considered easy to them! I have done the ABx listening tests so lossless or 64 bit at a 1.2 million sample rate (yes, sarcasm) is not my highest priority. However, the stream should not be some crappy low-res compressed MP3; I can notice the difference.

I thought about Tidal, but the MQA debacle (or some would say scam) turned me off to that service. That leaves Spotty, Qobuz, or Deezer. Differences on integration and ease of use with LMS?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by P Nelson View Post
    I am also interested is streaming service that works with LMS, but the focus is on ease of use. Of course "ease of use" is subjective. For many people on this forum with their technical skills, all might considered easy to them! I have done the ABx listening tests so lossless or 64 bit at a 1.2 million sample rate (yes, sarcasm) is not my highest priority. However, the stream should not be some crappy low-res compressed MP3; I can notice the difference.

I thought about Tidal, but the MQA debacle (or some would say scam) turned me off to that service. That leaves Spotty, Qobuz, or Deezer. Differences on integration and ease of use with LMS?

Thanks!
    I have Tidal now and I consider switching both because of MQA, high price and search function that could be better. I am also looking for the one that integrates best with LMS. I am a bit concerned about choosing one that relies on mysb.com if Logitech decides to close the service. I have a bit of the same concern with the Spotty plug-in that does not seem to be approved by Spotify. I think I would choose Qobuz if they had more danish content but for now I am leaning against Deezer and hope mysb.com wont go away. By the way why cant the Deezer and Tidal plugins work like Qobuz without mysb dependency?

Quote Originally Posted by mrbang View Post
    I have Tidal now and I consider switching both because of MQA, high price and search function that could be better. I am also looking for the one that integrates best with LMS. I am a bit concerned about choosing one that relies on mysb.com if Logitech decides to close the service. I have a bit of the same concern with the Spotty plug-in that does not seem to be approved by Spotify. I think I would choose Qobuz if they had more danish content but for now I am leaning against Deezer and hope mysb.com wont go away. By the way why cant the Deezer and Tidal plugins work like Qobuz without mysb dependency?
    Another way of looking at it is that the more people that use a streaming service that does rely on mysqueezebox.com makes it more likely that Logitech will keep it running

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk