Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mrw View Post
    I don't have a library anywhere near 75000 tracks, and have not knowingly experienced the issue.

In the absence of any informed suggestions:

What is the available system memory at this point ? The 'free' command would show this.

Would it be worth trying again with the "Full Text Search" plugin disabled ? That might localize the issue to the operation of the plugin.
    Thanks for replying!
    Code:
     free
                   total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
    Mem:         2052228      443312       59908         800     1549008     1581380
    Swap:              0           0           0
    I "aborted" the scan about five hours ago, but top still shows 100% CPU usage by perl. And the LMS browser display says it's still running:

Code:
    Building full text index   (1 of 7)   Running  11:14:54
    I suppose I have no choice but to kill LMS?

Thanks again.
    Last edited by Lestrad; 2021-07-25 at 04:23. Reason: change
    __________________________________________________ _____________________
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - ARCH-AUR-GIT.20200807.1a544e3 running on Wandboard Quad, music library on USB HDD
    Squeezebox Touch plugged into run-of-the-mill stereo rig via Musical Fidelity X-Act, extra speakers in kitchen, basement, and bedroom connected by ordinary (not unidirectional) copper wire.

Quote Originally Posted by Lestrad View Post
    I suppose I have no choice but to kill LMS?
    I think I might do that. I would also disable the Full Text search plugin (before you kill if you can), and wipe the databases before starting again.

This thread might be worth a browse:

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...ll+text+search

I'm assuming that the source of your problem/surprise is the Full Text search. But I don't know that.

I did kill it and started again after setting the permissions as advised on the AUR page of the version I'm using, thinking it might be a permissions problem. Then I ran a scan for new and deleted files only. It took only two minutes, but "Building full text index" is again stalled. And pressing Abort scan doesn't stop it. I'm off to look at your thread.
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - ARCH-AUR-GIT.20200807.1a544e3 running on Wandboard Quad, music library on USB HDD
    Squeezebox Touch plugged into run-of-the-mill stereo rig via Musical Fidelity X-Act, extra speakers in kitchen, basement, and bedroom connected by ordinary (not unidirectional) copper wire.

.... I disabled the Full Text Search plug-in and then stopped and started the LMS service. I re-opened the browser interface and it shows that a scan of was launched. The Plug-ins tab shows the Full Text search as disabled. The scan itself "completed" in two minutes, but the main page says at the bottom right "Rescanning Media Library... (1 of 7)". CPU use is once again at 100%. [This hasn't changed in 20 minutes or so.]

So it's presumably not the Full Text Search.

The server log and scanner log have logged nothing new since this, from the server log:

Code:
    [21-07-25 15:22:44.9999] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::loop (169) Warning: Carp::Clan::__ANON__(): Carp::Clan::__ANON__(): DBI Exception: DBD::SQLite::st execute failed: database is locked [for Statement "UPDATE metainformation SET value = ? WHERE ( name = ? )" with ParamValues: 1=0, 2='isScanning'] at /opt/logitechmediaserver/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 125
    about 15 minutes ago.

I tried to kill the logitec+ process twice and it won't die.
    Line 125 of Storage.pm says:
    Code:
    croak($msg)
    Last edited by Lestrad; 2021-07-25 at 07:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Lestrad View Post
    The server log and scanner log have logged nothing new since this, from the server log:

Code:
    [21-07-25 15:22:44.9999] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::loop (169) Warning: Carp::Clan::__ANON__(): Carp::Clan::__ANON__(): DBI Exception: DBD::SQLite::st execute failed: database is locked [for Statement "UPDATE metainformation SET value = ? WHERE ( name = ? )" with ParamValues: 1=0, 2='isScanning'] at /opt/logitechmediaserver/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 125
    Looks a bit poorly ! But I have no ideas, good or otherwise, and I'm not familiar with the platform.