Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Some Playlists Fail to Play

Some Playlists Fail to PlayAttachment 35144Attachment 35145

I originally posted this to the LMS forum on 20210689, but got no responses so I'm trying again in the Squeezebox Radio forum, hoping for more luck.

I am running LMS 8.1.1 on a desktop running Windows 7 Pro.

I have 38 playlists, all of which play correctly from the web remote control. Of the 38 playlists, there are 14 which fail to play on my three radios. (The menus are blank). Two are ethernet connected, the other is wirelessly connected.

For each playlist which fails, the following error is thrown:

"[yy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss.ssss] Slim::Control::XMLBrowser::_cliQuery_done (800) Requested item index 0 out of range: nnn..nnn". The last nnn..nnn varies, for example 390..886 or 190..447

I have recreated three of the non playing playlists from scratch and all three fail the same way but with different index ids (the last 6 digits in the error).

I would appreciate any help understanding what may be causing this and suggestions about how to fix it.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Logitech Media Server Status
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.1.1 - 1610364019 @ Thu Jan 14 06:14:13 WEST 2021
    Hostname: LEIGH-DESKTOP
    Server IP Address: 192.168.1.9
    Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
    Operating system: Windows 7 - EN - cp1252
    Platform Architecture: 8664
    Perl Version: 5.14.1 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
    Audio::Scan: 1.02
    IO::Socket::SSL: 2.068
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)
    Total Players Recognized: 3

I have attached a server log listing taken while trying to play all 38 on one radio, and a manual log of which playlist was played, showing the results.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Can you attach one of the playlists that fails and one that works?
    Zip them up (so that things like line endings are preserved) and attach the zip file.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Can you attach one of the playlists that fails and one that works?
    Zip them up (so that things like line endings are preserved) and attach the zip file.
    Thanks for your attention Paul,

Here are two playlists:

Bluegrass 1, Fails to play

Bluegrass 2, Plays okay

Both play fine in Media Monkey

Of interest, Bluegrass 1 plays when first played, but after another playlist plays, Bluegrass 1 fails. Very puzzling.

The attached zips were created from the Windows Music Folder; is there another way to get them from the Squeezebox Playlist itself?

Leigh
    Attached Files Attached Files

20210715 Additional Research on Playlists Failing to Play Problem:

I have 38 playlists, 14 of which fail to play at times, not always. The others play as expected. To make this discussion easier to follow, I'll call them "failing" and "normal".

I have looked closely at the listings of my playlists and, although I don't know exactly what to look for, I don't see any apparent differences between the normal and failing ones. I have attached two partial playlist listings (showing the beginning and the final few tracks) for a normal and a failing playlist. There are also two previously submitted zipped files which contain the entire contents of the two playlists.

All of the 14 failing playlists will play correctly upon the first attempt after a radio reboot; the second and succeeding attempts fail. However this is true only if there was no music playing at reboot time. A reboot while music is playing results in the same music continuing to play after the reboot. In that case attempting a new failing playlist fails to play. A new normal playlist will play correctly.

Also of interest, the normal playlists all display the menu, except for the first one after a reboot:

Add to end
    Play Next
    Play this song
    Play all songs

None of the failing playlists display the menu, even after a reboot. They just start playing.

So, it appears to me that part of the problem likely is caused by the state of the radio at the time of play. There may very well be differences in the playlists which I don't see.

I have re-created three of the failing playlists from scratch and they all are failures, so there may indeed be something different in one or more of the tracks causing this problem.

I'd dearly like to have some help fixing this. Having to do a radio reboot before being able to play 14 of my playlists sucks!
    Attached Images Attached Images