Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Thank you, kidstypike, startibartfast, d6jg and redrum! Now I can see "music folder" which is the only way I can navigate through my library. Not sure why but "album" shows one track as an album. Folder groups items together.

This app could move the Touch from mysqueezebox.com back to LMS, which is very helpful. On the Touch itself, I can shift from LMS to mysqueezebox.com if I reboot the unit but once it is shifted to mysqueezebox.com, the LMS option disappeared. It is not under network, not under other libraries. Nowhere to be found unless I move it to LMS with the online interface and the material app.

The touch firmware is 7.8.0-r16754. I installed the "community firmware for touch/radio/controller 0.0.6" two days ago, hoping soon the newest firmware would show up in the software update option on the Touch but so far I haven't seen it yet. Maybe the new firmware will give the option locally on the Touch to shift back from mysqueezebox.com to LMS. Also, the screen does not show the music playing but rather the menu after shifting back to LMS with material skin app. The screen and remote of the touch becomes irrelevant to what is playing. Do I need to do something to accelerate the rollout of new firmwares?

I am interested in classical and jazz. The music and artist app has been installed.
    Last edited by verycd; 2021-07-25 at 17:33.

Quote Originally Posted by verycd View Post
    On the Touch itself, I can shift from LMS to mysqueezebox.com if I reboot the unit but once it is shifted to mysqueezebox.com, the LMS option disappeared. It is not under network, not under other libraries. Nowhere to be found unless I move it to LMS with the online interface and the material app.
    If I am understanding your question correctly....

I know that the option to switch back is under one of the menus, but I always just choose "my music" to switch back, which causes the switch to LMS (to access the local library).

I really don't use mysb.com, but, if for some reason LMS wasn't available, which caused say a touch to auto switch to mysb.com, once I resolved why LMS was off line, I just choose "my music" to switch back to LMS, then home, then Favorites, Radio, Apps, etc. It's just easy for me. "My Music" is basically a switch to LMS for me.

Jim

Thank you, kidstypike, startibartfast, d6jg and redrum! Now I can see "music folder" which is the only way I can navigate through my library. Not sure why but "album" shows one track as an album. Folder groups items together.

This app could move the Touch from mysqueezebox.com back to LMS, which is very helpful. On the Touch itself, I can shift from LMS to mysqueezebox.com if I reboot the unit but once it is shifted to mysqueezebox.com, the LMS option disappeared. It is not under network, not under other libraries. Nowhere to be found unless I move it to LMS with the online interface and the material app.

The touch firmware is 7.8.0-r16754. I installed the "community firmware for touch/radio/controller 0.0.6" two days ago, hoping soon the newest firmware would show up in the software update option on the Touch but so far I haven't seen it yet. Maybe the new firmware will give the option locally on the Touch to shift back from mysqueezebox.com to LMS. Also, the screen does not show the music playing but rather the menu after shifting back to LMS with material skin app. The screen and remote of the touch becomes irrelevant to what is playing. Do I need to do something to accelerate the rollout of new firmwares?

I am interested in classical and jazz. The music and artist app has been installed.
    Agree with Redrum, just browsing to "My Music" should get you connected back to LMS.

Regarding firmware, did you check the box at LMS > Settings > Advanced tab > "Community firmware for touch/radio/controller"?

Name:  firmware.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  28.1 KB
    Server - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP 8.0.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/pCP 8.0.0/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

If Music Folder is the only usable method to view your library then you have issues with your tags.
    To view "now playing" info on the Touch tap the icon at the top right of the touchscreen.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Yes, I checked the "community firmware" under advanced. Can't wait to experience the newest firmware.

Yes, the LMS switch is under my music, which I didn't know. Thank you.

I checked the music folder under player>extra settings and interface>extra settings last night but the music folder option disappeared this morning. Under player, it was still checked, under interface, it was unchecked. There is no save option so I set it with everything else as default setting for the interface. Hope it will remain there.

I have never spent time studing how to tag so the library is not well-organized.

Yes, I checked the "community firmware" under advanced. Can't wait to experience the newest firmware.

Yes, the LMS switch is under my music, which I didn't know. Thank you.

I checked the music folder under player>extra settings and interface>extra settings last night but the music folder option disappeared this morning. Under player, it was still checked, under interface, it was unchecked. There is no save option so I set it with everything else as default setting for the interface. Hope it will remain there.

I have never spent time studing how to tag so the library is not well-organized.
    I am pretty sure Material Skin ignores "Additional Browse Modes". Under Settings/Interface clicking close to exit the list should save the settings.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    You need to use what works for you. Whatever you are most comfortable with. It seems your preference is toward your solution, so that's great! I think we just offered you an alternative that allot of us use.

I am not a pi hardware expert, I just use 'em, but many here are. If you look around at a few threads, many feel the heat concern is overblown. I have a 3b+ and a 4 running LMS and I can't tell the difference. I also can't tell the difference on performance/response, but perhaps that's just because I am not paying attention. Like I said, a 3b+ is fine for me. I have a 4 because I gave my other 3b+ to setup a friend, and he bought me a 4 in return. I think others are using 2's and even zero W's (but I prefer a LAN connection for my server).

It's funny you mention the power consumption of vintage electronics, as I have a couple old rotel integrated amps that are always on (because you can't remotely turn them off). At my cabin I have an old arcam A65, and a schitt dac that I use with a touch, that are always on (when I'm there) for the same reason. I guess when I mentioned the low power consumption of the pi, it was more of a "bonus". I guess I am find spending a little $ to use the old analog gear I've owned forever.

Not to take this thread totally off the rails, but the "smart switch" you recommended, I have been looking all over for something similar that could be controlled with IR so I could power the vintage stuff along with everything else with a Harmony remote. You would think that someone would make it but it seems that they all use the 300MHz (US) intermittent band to solve "line of sight". I have not found one other than X10 which is alot of hardware for a simple task. I have been thinking of buying a smart switch and putting an IR front end on it. Maybe some day

Jim
    You mentioned there was no noticeable difference in heat and performance between Pi3B+ and Pi4. Do the two units of yours have the same amount of RAM? I assume that may affect performance somehow? What is the optimal amount of RAM needed for LMS?

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Agree with Redrum, just browsing to "My Music" should get you connected back to LMS.

Regarding firmware, did you check the box at LMS > Settings > Advanced tab > "Community firmware for touch/radio/controller"?

Name:  firmware.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  28.1 KB
    How come my LMS version is : 8.1.1 - 1610364019 while yours is 8.2.0? The new Touch firmware I just got is 8.0.1r-16855.
    Last edited by verycd; 2021-07-26 at 20:11.

How come my LMS version is : 8.1.1 - 1610364019 while yours is 8.2.0? The new Touch firmware I just got is 8.0.1r-16855.
    8.0.1r-16855 is the latest Touch firmware regardless of LMS version.

LMS 8.2 is the development branch.

http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nig...ex.php?ver=8.2

Server - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP 8.0.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/pCP 8.0.0/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I am pretty sure Material Skin ignores "Additional Browse Modes".
    Yes, and no. It ignores the selection of which modes are enabled - as these are per-player, and Material covers all players. But, any new modes added, or modes removed, will be reflected in Material's selection.

(This is one of my pet hates about other control points - that when you change player, the list of browse modes changes. I've had it where in SqueezeCtrl I browsed to the album I wanted to play, realised I was on the wrong player, switched player, and SqueezeCtrl went back to its home screen.)

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Under Settings/Interface clicking close to exit the list should save the settings.
    Yes, Material saves settings when dialogs are closed.
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.