Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by chicks View Post
    Pi Zero WH with 1.3" display. A work in progress, using LMSTools python lib. Joystick for <<,>>,Pause/Play,Volume +/-.
    Apple USB-C headphone dongle with adapter. Waiting for battery HAT...

Attachment 35590
    Neat !!

Would it be possible for you to knock up a simple "how-to" when you have time, please.

The Apple dongle is a bargain at £9 delivered, I have a couple, and thanks to paul- they work on pCP

ronnie

My latest portable but HiFi quality player.
    Pi Zero W with pCP velcroed onto a Getihu power bank with Audioquest Dragonfly. Iíve been using it for about 6 hours so far and itís used just 4% of the power. Started at 83%.
    It fits into a small carry case. The power bank has an on/off switch and 2 USB out with separate USB-C that is both in and out.

No screen required as itís controlled by my phone. Why not just use the phone? Both iPhone and Android carry compromises.

iOS. iPeng will play 24/96 happily with the Dragonfly attached but you need to use a Lightning to USB adapter. Iíve tried all sorts but the one constant is that they fail after a period of use. They require an Apple authorised chip in the Lightning end and itís this that is the weak area. Also iPeng doesnít support crossfade.

Android. Although the Android audio subsystem can handle 24/192 neither of the existing SB player apps seem to be able to use it beyond 16/48. Correct me if Iím wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jim
    https://jukeradio.double6.net

VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by chicks View Post
    Pi Zero WH with 1.3" display. A work in progress, using LMSTools python lib. Joystick for <<,>>,Pause/Play,Volume +/-.
    Apple USB-C headphone dongle with adapter. Waiting for battery HAT...

Attachment 35590
    Well, the battery HAT never arrived from China, so went another direction, using a case and battery meant for gamers. Fun little project, if impractical. Haven't tested the battery duration, but expect an hour or two before it has to go back on charge. A magnetic micro-usb charger cable would make it a tiny bit more practical. No output at the moment, just a simple controller. The joystick is pretty nifty to use with the cap on.

https://www.hackster.io/news/the-pin...e-4580d32008fb

Name:  BC961E50-FD0F-4741-BC17-4CFB6B62E792.jpeg
Views: 197
Size:  217.7 KB
    piTouchô w/JustBoom DigiHat -> RME ADI-2 DAC FS -> JBL 305P MkII monitors; LMS 8.2 on piCorePlayer/Pi 4; Material Skin.