Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Just Got a Touch Off of Ebay and Need Some Guidance.

Greetings Men,
    I am hoping some here can help with getting me reacquainted with my new used purchase.
    After 4 years being without a Touch, just got one off of Ebay today. Paid $93 bucks for it.

Did a reset, plugged an ethernet cable into it, logged back into Squeezebox home and all my apps were still there, clicked Pandora and it immediately started playing. Excellent!
    Installed the Tidal app and logged in through it to Tidal and everything is there. It seems it is having a hard time connecting to Tidal. So far, the Tidal app does not play. it is showing a failed to play stream and stopped at the top of the image.

As well, should I install EDO as I did before, or is there something akin to it or better? Or has it become buggy?

Looking for a remote app for the iPhone. The pickings seemed slim on the App gallery when typing in Squeezebox and or Touch. What is the best phone app to install?

Checking software updates, the display shows one is available with Begin update: 7.7.3. Yes, No? It seems old to me.

These seem to be the main points of interest.

On another note, for those who enjoy cruising Audio Science Review as I do, I emailed Amir and asked if he wanted to test out the Touch. He was fairly enthusiastic about it and I will send it to him after I play with it awhile.

Looking forward to any and all replies.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Shivaji View Post
    Greetings Men,
    I am hoping some here can help with getting me reacquainted with my new used purchase.
    After 4 years being without a Touch, just got one off of Ebay today. Paid $93 bucks for it.

Did a reset, plugged an ethernet cable into it, logged back into Squeezebox home and all my apps were still there, clicked Pandora and it immediately started playing. Excellent!
    Installed the Tidal app and logged in through it to Tidal and everything is there. It seems it is having a hard time connecting to Tidal. So far, the Tidal app does not play. it is showing a failed to play stream and stopped at the top of the image.

As well, should I install EDO as I did before, or is there something akin to it or better? Or has it become buggy?

Looking for a remote app for the iPhone. The pickings seemed slim on the App gallery when typing in Squeezebox and or Touch. What is the best phone app to install?

Checking software updates, the display shows one is available with Begin update: 7.7.3. Yes, No? It seems old to me.

These seem to be the main points of interest.

On another note, for those who enjoy cruising Audio Science Review as I do, I emailed Amir and asked if he wanted to test out the Touch. He was fairly enthusiastic about it and I will send it to him after I play with it awhile.

Looking forward to any and all replies.

Regards
    Wow! That was a great price.

What version of LMS are you running? The are new community built firmwares available for the Controller, Radio and Touch but these may only be available via the beta LMSs.

I’ve never felt the desire to instal Triode’s EDO applet but if you want to enable digital over USB it’s probably worth doing. I do not believe that there’s any sonic advantages in ever increasing sample rates as all it does is extend the frequency response even further beyond what us humans can hear!

It will be interesting to see what Amir has to say about the Touch. I suspect that his findings will be near identical to Archimago’s though:

https://archimago.blogspot.com/2013/...touch.html?m=1

HB

Quote Originally Posted by HeadBanger View Post
    Wow! That was a great price.

What version of LMS are you running? The are new community built firmwares available for the Controller, Radio and Touch but these may only be available via the beta LMSs.

I’ve never felt the desire to instal Triode’s EDO applet but if you want to enable digital over USB it’s probably worth doing. I do not believe that there’s any sonic advantages in ever increasing sample rates as all it does is extend the frequency response even further beyond what us humans can hear!

It will be interesting to see what Amir has to say about the Touch. I suspect that his findings will be near identical to Archimago’s though:

https://archimago.blogspot.com/2013/...touch.html?m=1

HB

Thanks for responding and for that link. I will have to look and see what LMS I'm running, I don't think it is the beta. Should I install that one for the newer firmware updates?

Thanks for responding and for that link. I will have to look and see what LMS I'm running, I don't think it is the beta. Should I install that one for the newer firmware updates?
    IMHO it's not worth doing for the Touch.

Link to firmware changes, mostly to do with SB Radio.

https://ralph_irving.gitlab.io/lms-c...changelog.html
    Server - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP 8.0.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/pCP 8.0.0/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Is your firmware 7.8? If so there is no real need to update to the community firmware. If it is 7.7 then update to 7.8.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Just so you're up to date, I'd suggest installing the current LMS beta:
    http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nig...ex.php?ver=8.2

Then, go into LMS Settings > Plugins and enable the "Community Firmware for Touch/Radio/Controller" and "Material Skin" plugins. This will prompt a server restart. It may take a day or so, but your Touch should eventually prompt you to install the newest firmware.

Open a browser on your iPhone and go to http://[your.LMS.server.IP]:9000/material to manage playback.

I'm not a user of TIDAL, but it might require the EDO applet if you are trying to play files above 24/96; in any case, it won't hurt anything to install it:
    [TOUCH] Settings > Advanced > Applet Installer > (at the bottom enable "Reinstall after Firmware Update") > Enhanced Digital Output

Appreciate your offer to ASR. Let's get the Touch completely updated and working as you expect before you send it.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Is your firmware 7.8? If so there is no real need to update to the community firmware. If it is 7.7 then update to 7.8.

The Touch said there was an update available and I did so. It shows that I am now up to date and have 7.7.3 installed.

On another note, just installed EDO. A very fast install too. Now going usb out to my SMSL SU-8 version 2 Dac. Working as advertised.
    Still interested in getting Tidal to work.
    Last edited by Shivaji; 2021-07-14 at 07:31.

The Touch said there was an update available and I did so. It shows that I am now up to date and have 7.7.3 installed.
    Are you connected to mysqueezebox.com? If you connect to Logitech Media Server you can update back to 7.8 which is probably what was installed before you "updated". Mysqueezebox.com still uses 7.7.3.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Are you connected to mysqueezebox.com? If you connect to Logitech Media Server you can update back to 7.8 which is probably what was installed before you "updated". Mysqueezebox.com still uses 7.7.3.

Thanks for the responses. It looks like I am connected to mysqueexebox.com. I will look into connecting to LMS instead. I do want to set it up right for when i do send it to Amir.

It shows that I am now up to date and have 7.7.3 installed.
    The latest Community Firmware for Touch/Radio is 8.0.1-r16855. With the plugin installed, it should show up once you've connected to LMS.