Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

[Announce] Spotty 4.6 - sorting option for Albums/Artists/Songs, replay gain fix

Spotty comes with a single new feature: sorting options for Albums/Artists/Songs lists (to be found in the Spotty settings).

Almost more importantly: it should fix the volume normalisation issue introduced with 4.5's helper application. The new helper v1.1.0 is based on the latest librespot code, which should fix the normalisation.

Thanks to the guys brave enough to install my helper test package and confirming the normalisation change!
    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
    (LMS: Settings/Information)

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    Spotty comes with a single new feature: sorting options for Albums/Artists/Songs lists (to be found in the Spotty settings).
    Thanks. But what about a new sorting option for albums in LMS in general, so albums can be sorted with latest releases at top (especially when looking at an artist's albums)? Just as Spotify/Spotty do/did ;-) - and well, as pretty much any other service do...

Okay, thanks to LMS 8.1's support for old unsupported "legacy extensions" (and besides a thanks to you, also a thanks to pinkdot for that last version for Synology LmsUpdate Intel-version making that feature available), I can have Erland's Custom Browse extension installed, which gives me an album list that behaves exactly like that. But it is an old extension that feels a little bit quirky.
    /Stig
    rockland.dk - last.fm/user/rockland - discogs.com/user/StigNygaard - flickr.com/photos/stignygaard
    Server: LMS 8.1.1(LmsUpdate) - 1610364019 @ Jan 14 2021 on Synology DS716+II (DSM6.2+Perl5.24). Clients: RPi3 (Max2Play, 7" touch, HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro), SB Touch, OrangeSqueeze/SqueezePlayer. Main HiFi: Marantz PM6005 & F3/Lyd Audiovector 2.

Try my Art Grabr for fetching big cover-art from various sites - And Album Linkr for a better last.fm desktop browser experience...

I've just installed this, and there's definitely a difference between having Volume Adjustment On and Off, for the test track that I used. So to that extent it seems to be working. I've got Spotty Ogg Vorbis disabled, which I assume is still necessary.

[Announce] Spotty 4.6 - sorting optionfor Albums/Artists/Songs, replay gain fix

> to that extent it seems to be working. I've got Spotty Ogg Vorbis
    > disabled, which I assume is still necessary.

Yes, Ogg doesn't support volume normalization.

Ah OK.

So at the moment I stream in 320k VBR, Ogg Vorbis and havent touched the filetypes from the default.

Name:  ogg.JPG
Views: 1194
Size:  12.9 KB

Could someone with lots of patience explain to me in the simplest terms what I should be doing in the filetypes setting to get the benefit of normalisation please?

Quote Originally Posted by The Groundsman View Post
    Ah OK.

So at the moment I stream in 320k VBR, Ogg Vorbis and havent touched the filetypes from the default.

Name:  ogg.JPG
Views: 1194
Size:  12.9 KB

Could someone with lots of patience explain to me in the simplest terms what I should be doing in the filetypes setting to get the benefit of normalisation please?
    You need to change the Spotty settings, not Ogg. In Spotty make sure you have "Ogg" disabled.
    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
    (LMS: Settings/Information)

Quote Originally Posted by tw99 View Post
    I've just installed this, and there's definitely a difference between having Volume Adjustment On and Off, for the test track that I used. So to that extent it seems to be working. I've got Spotty Ogg Vorbis disabled, which I assume is still necessary.
    When I tested this with a local track and the Spotify equivalent I found the volume was exactly the same so it seems to work well now.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    You need to change the Spotty settings, not Ogg. In Spotty make sure you have "Ogg" disabled.
    Where is the disable ogg setting in Spotty? I can't see it....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks - got it

Name:  spotty.JPG
Views: 1155
Size:  13.5 KB

So that now shows the following info in the default skin.

Name:  pcm.JPG
Views: 1158
Size:  12.5 KB

I can't hear any quality issues with this so I'm hoping the file type conversion doesn't have any impact on quality.

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    Where is the disable ogg setting in Spotty? I can't see it....
    Still in "Advanced/file types" just further down the list.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk