Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 368
  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,641

    Bt dropouts

    In pcp 7 the Bluetooth speaker connections were super solid. I'm finding the same connections in 8 are often subject to dropouts, seems more prevalent with earbuds...

    Occurs with both inbuilt bt or a bt dongle.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  2. #22
    Senior Member paul-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,973
    There is much less latency (buffering) in the system. We might have to add some latency back into the system.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

    Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,641
    Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    There is much less latency (buffering) in the system. We might have to add some latency back into the system.
    Would that be via an update to the bt routines?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  4. #24
    Senior Member paul-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,973
    Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    Would that be via an update to the bt routines?
    Yes it would. I just need to try to recreate the issue, since I've really not noticed a problem
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

    Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,641
    Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Yes it would. I just need to try to recreate the issue, since I've really not noticed a problem
    I have tried a Creative headset - no issues.

    Both Urbanista Stockholm and Sounpeats trubuds suffer dropouts (not present in 7)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  6. #26
    Senior Member paul-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,973
    Do either of these support aac? I have added aac support in bluealsa, however I don't have any headsets that use aac to test it?

    Grumpy Bob,
    Update the bluetooth modules from the bluetooth page, that should correct the Invalid Instruction issue. I guess I forgot to build with proper compile flags for older boards.

    Paul
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

    Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,641
    Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Do either of these support aac? I have added aac support in bluealsa, however I don't have any headsets that use aac to test it?

    Grumpy Bob,
    Update the bluetooth modules from the bluetooth page, that should correct the Invalid Instruction issue. I guess I forgot to build with proper compile flags for older boards.

    Paul
    Not sure. Updated and dropouts (plus clicks) are still present (eg. Tidal aac stream)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  8. #28
    Senior Member paul-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,973
    Check the bluetooth logs. It should show the codec being used.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

    Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,641
    Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Check the bluetooth logs. It should show the codec being used.
    Would that be:

    TRANSPORT:hfpag

    ?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  10. #30
    Senior Member paul-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,973
    That is a handsfree profile, that is likely connecting, then disconnecting. Need to see more of the logs.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

    Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •