Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

DAC not receiving any signal

Hello dear community,

second install of a pcP for Bluetooth receiver purpose, with no better success than the first time.

Context: I want to listen to the sound of music or videos played on my iPhone through my stereo system, thanks to bluetooth link.

pcP 8.0 used, checked for updates and patches (none found)
    squeezelite stopped
    bluetooth installed and iPhone paired as player
    shareport running

pcP selectable as speaker in the iPhone, but no sound comes out.
    DAC sometimes believes it's receiving a 48kHz signal, sometimes doesn't display any sample rate meaning it's not receiving a signal.

Tried to disable the USB-FSM driver, changed USB port, rebooted the devices in every order possible... Still nothing.

Is there something coming to your wise minds to get it working?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Charles
    Main system: Syno 415+ -> Roon server on Intel NUC -> Bricasti M1 DAC -> Karan KAL reference mkIII-> 2x Karan KAM 900 -> Usher BE20 DMD. All powered from PS Audio P10.
    Office system: Syno 415+ -> Roon server on Intel NUC -> Raspberry pi with Rooopi -> Burson Audio Conductor V2+ -> Hifiman Edition X
    Remote system: LMS on Syno 415+ -> piCorePlayer with Audiophonics DAC -> Monitor Audio Silver 100

Did you disable the rpi onboard Bluetooth? Why not use shairport-sync?
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Question: Can Shairport-sync work over Bluetooth? I have always assumed it works over wifi only.

No devices in PAIR dropdown

Hi,

I'm using a PI-4 & piCorePlayer 8.00

I can successfully scan for devices, but the list of devices does not populate for pairing, See attached.

Any ideas?

Name:  bt-pairing.png
Views: 171
Size:  1.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by rimoth View Post
    Hi,

I'm using a PI-4 & piCorePlayer 8.00

I can successfully scan for devices, but the list of devices does not populate for pairing, See attached.

Any ideas?

Name:  bt-pairing.png
Views: 171
Size:  1.8 KB
    What are you trying to pair? Some devices just don't behave well. The scan is only for 10seconds, so sometimes you have to run scan a couple of times to see your device.

You can manually pair from an ssh session. bluetoothctl is the command

type
    Code:
    bluetoothctl
    scan on       (Then wait for your device to appear)
    scan off
    pair  xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
    trust xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
    quit
    Then go to the pCP web page and configure the device, and then save.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    What are you trying to pair? Some devices just don't behave well. The scan is only for 10seconds, so sometimes you have to run scan a couple of times to see your device.
    I'm pairing a Nuimo controller. It appears in the list when I run a scan

Name:  scan-devices.png
Views: 165
Size:  52.5 KB

I was able to manually pair from a ssh session. It initially appeared in the list of paired devices on the pCP web page, but subsequent visits to the web page it doesn't appear even though it is paired.

No other devices are paired.

Hi everyone,

Re-did the card flash and install of pCP 8.0, with bluetooth enabled.
    Same issue: pairing looks ok from th eiphone, bu tno sound comes out of the DAC.
    I did select USB audio and sound does come out fine from squeezelite on the same pi.

Also tried to pair my macbook, pairing looks ok but no sound neither. Devices are standing 1m away from each other.

I see the pCP in both iPhone and MacBook bluetooth menus, and both devices are listed in the pCP bluetooth page (section "Currently Paired Devices") as players.

So I don't know how to make that work...
    Had it working at my dad's a few months ago and it looked easy! there must be something I forgot...
    Is there a checklist somewhere?

Cheers,

Charles

Quote Originally Posted by Linvincible View Post
    Hello dear community,

second install of a pcP for Bluetooth receiver purpose, with no better success than the first time.

Context: I want to listen to the sound of music or videos played on my iPhone through my stereo system, thanks to bluetooth link.

pcP 8.0 used, checked for updates and patches (none found)
    squeezelite stopped
    bluetooth installed and iPhone paired as player
    shareport running

pcP selectable as speaker in the iPhone, but no sound comes out.
    DAC sometimes believes it's receiving a 48kHz signal, sometimes doesn't display any sample rate meaning it's not receiving a signal.

Tried to disable the USB-FSM driver, changed USB port, rebooted the devices in every order possible... Still nothing.

Is there something coming to your wise minds to get it working?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Charles
    Main system: Syno 415+ -> Roon server on Intel NUC -> Bricasti M1 DAC -> Karan KAL reference mkIII-> 2x Karan KAM 900 -> Usher BE20 DMD. All powered from PS Audio P10.
    Office system: Syno 415+ -> Roon server on Intel NUC -> Raspberry pi with Rooopi -> Burson Audio Conductor V2+ -> Hifiman Edition X
    Remote system: LMS on Syno 415+ -> piCorePlayer with Audiophonics DAC -> Monitor Audio Silver 100

Quote Originally Posted by Linvincible View Post
    Hi everyone,
    Is there a checklist somewhere?
    No, because it's normally pair and set to player and play. Couple of pitfalls though. Squeezelite and bluetooth cannot play music at the same time. Squeezelite must release the audio hardware for bluetooth to be able to play to it. This is done via the -C option in squeezelite. Which is normally set to 5, when you install bluetooth. But make sure that the player is "powered off" in LMS.

Once your iphone is paired, just press connect on your iphone, then go to music on your phone and set the pCP device as the destination....and play.

Tried the -C just in case, anyway I disabled squeezelite from starting
    Also tried on another DAC
    same thing, everathing looks to behave normally but no sound out
    the bitrate displayed by the DAC is completely random (this time it showed 384KHz)
    I'll try from an android device when I get my hands on one

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    No, because it's normally pair and set to player and play. Couple of pitfalls though. Squeezelite and bluetooth cannot play music at the same time. Squeezelite must release the audio hardware for bluetooth to be able to play to it. This is done via the -C option in squeezelite. Which is normally set to 5, when you install bluetooth. But make sure that the player is "powered off" in LMS.

Once your iphone is paired, just press connect on your iphone, then go to music on your phone and set the pCP device as the destination....and play.

Codecs supported?

Hi,

I'm sorry if that have already been answered somewhere (didn't find with the search in the forum or google) but what are the bluetooth codecs supported in piCore ?

Only SBC for now? if so, any plan for aptX or even LDAC ?

So far, I only saw my Android Pixel phone able to play to piCore 8 using SBC codec, but I know it can also stream as both aptX and LDAC.

Thank you very much!