Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

piCorePlayer 8.0.0 - Bluetooth Discussion

There is alot of old and outdated discussion in the other thread, so creating a new one.

New to pCP8 is an always discoverable setting in the web interface and a new pinless/prompless pairing program. Designed to allow a "party" mode where anyone can connect and start streaming.

Looking for some feedback here. My iphone works fine, but devices like amazon Echos that can be sinks or sources sometimes don't figure out the right mode.

Pair -> Connect -> Disconnect -> Reconnect -> Play.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

I've got a raspberry pi model b. Can anyone suggest a Bluetooth adapter that works with PCP?

Sent from my M2102J20SG using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rincage View Post
    I've got a raspberry pi model b. Can anyone suggest a Bluetooth adapter that works with PCP?

I use this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Maxesla-Blu...034484&sr=8-16
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm using a Pi model 2 (2B?) - this worked fine with my Bowers & Wilkins PX bluetooth headphones using a BT USB stick and pCP 6.1.0
    I burned a fresh SD card with pCP 8, and I've been trying to get my headphones to connect.

I installed Bluetooth on the Pi. I have set the Pi to be discoverable. pCP sees the headphones after a scan. The BT Controller and the BT Pairing Daemon appear to be running fine. But the BT Speaker daemon turns off when I try to connect the headphones - and the headphones don't seem to connect.

Not quite sure what I'm doing wrong!

Robert
    Home: Raspberry Pi 4/pCP7.0/LMS8.1.2/Material with files on QNAP TS-251A
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), 1 x SqueezeAMP
    Office: LMS8.0.0 running on Raspberry Pi3; Raspberry Pi 3 player with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
    Portable: Raspberry Pi 3B/pCP7.0.1/LMS8.1.2/Material, files on Seagate portable drive, powered via power brick

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Bob View Post
    I'm using a Pi model 2 (2B?) - this worked fine with my Bowers & Wilkins PX bluetooth headphones using a BT USB stick and pCP 6.1.0
    I burned a fresh SD card with pCP 8, and I've been trying to get my headphones to connect.

I installed Bluetooth on the Pi. I have set the Pi to be discoverable. pCP sees the headphones after a scan. The BT Controller and the BT Pairing Daemon appear to be running fine. But the BT Speaker daemon turns off when I try to connect the headphones - and the headphones don't seem to connect.

Not quite sure what I'm doing wrong!

Robert
    You have paired the phones, yes?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rincage View Post

Probably not a lot of help, but in New Zealand it's not always easy to find things on "approved" lists. I risked a small amount of money on a couple of USB dongles, unbranded Chinese products described as, "CSR V4.0 Dongle". So cheap they don't even have a bar code on their packaging! They work just fine!
    Digital: Raspberry Pi 3B; piCorePlayer 8 + LMS 8; HifiBerry DAC+DSP > Yamaha RX-V2700 > Jamo speakers
    Analogue: HifiBerry DAC+DSP > Speakercraft MZC-66 > whole house
    Library: External USB drive
    Android: Squeezer app

Robert, check the web interface and make sure it says speaker as the Type. With the headless phone pairing, the default type sometime get set to player.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    You have paired the phones, yes?
    Yes, I have.

Robert
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    Office: LMS8.0.0 running on Raspberry Pi3; Raspberry Pi 3 player with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
    Portable: Raspberry Pi 3B/pCP7.0.1/LMS8.1.2/Material, files on Seagate portable drive, powered via power brick

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Robert, check the web interface and make sure it says speaker as the Type. With the headless phone pairing, the default type sometime get set to player.
    Yes, it's set to speaker.

Robert