Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StefGreg View Post
    good new!

thx
    Name:  pCP_-_Bluetooth_Settings_-_2022-06-19_19.53.37.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  53.3 KB

Good Job paul- !

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    You should be able to block it from command line. Open an ssh shell. And run bluetoothctl

the command would be

block <mac address of device>
    remove <mac address of device>
    quit

Then be sure to do a `pcp bu`
    This works but there's still no way to forget another paired device from the menu... I've reinstalled numerous times, but the forget button appears to work yet the paired device still stubbornly remains.

I'm baffled.

Edit: I'm currently on pcp 8.1 - but Bluetooth behavour is erratic. A question: when Bluetooth is installed are the files now using the same as 8.2?
    Last edited by castalla; 2022-06-26 at 08:08.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, the bluez-alsa subsystem is upgraded for pCP 8.x.x version. The extra codec/separate audio feature is only selectable on 8.2.0 web pages.

What do you mean by erratic? There is a chance that I introduced a backwards incompatibility, but that was not the plan.

I'll take a look at the forget button, but I use it regularly, so I'm not sure what's going on.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Yes, the bluez-alsa subsystem is upgraded for pCP 8.x.x version. The extra codec/separate audio feature is only selectable on 8.2.0 web pages.

What do you mean by erratic? There is a chance that I introduced a backwards incompatibility, but that was not the plan.

I'll take a look at the forget button, but I use it regularly, so I'm not sure what's going on.
    Before 8.2 changes I could add/remove devices at will. Switching off the br device would drop the device from the menu within a second or two - now the device persists for much longer.

I've also found that attempting to remove Bluetooth doesn't work - there are the backup messages and reboot... But bt reappears on restart.

When it works the sound is fine!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problème de compatibilité pCP avec clés USB Bluetooth 5.x

Bonjour à tous ^^

Désolé pour le message en français, je ne parle pas anglais mais posterai ci-dessous une traduction que j'espère propre

Depuis une bonne semaine je m'arrache les cheveux pour réussir à faire tourner une clé USB BT 5.x sur un Pi3B+ avec pCP 8.2.0 (fraichement mis à jour).
    J'ai actuellement une clé USB BT 4.2 qui fonctionne à merveille mais elle a une portée relativement limité, trop pour mon usage car ce Pi sert de point d'accès BT pour toute la maison !
    J'ai effectué des tests de porté avec un PC portable sous Windows 11, sur lequel toutes les clés que j'ai essayées tournaient impec
    Par contre, 0% de ces huit clés n'ont été détectée par le Pi, "pas d'adaptateur trouvé" après une tentative de démarrage du BT sur pCP.

D'après mon analyse c'est la puce Realtek qui équipe 100% des clés que j'ai testées qui pose problème et pas spécifiquement la version du BT...
    Notez que je ne cherche pas spécifiquement à passer au BT 5.x car le 4.2 me convient mais toutes les clés que j'ai testées avec une longue porté avaient des antennes et étaient 5.0 ou 5.1...
    Je ne connais presque rien à Linux mais sur Windows j'aurais dit qu'il manque un pilote pour les puces BT Realtek.

Avez-vous une liste des clés USB avec antenne qui passent sous pCP 8 ?
    A défaut avez-vous un tuto pour ajouter les pilotes manquant à pCP ? (si c'est ça le souci)

Par avance merci de vos réponses et encore désolé de vous avoir imposé le français

================================================== =======

Bonjour à tous ^^

I'm sorry for the French message, I don't speak English but I'll post a translation below that I hope is clean

For the past week I've been struggling to get a BT 5.x USB stick to work on a Pi3B+ with PCP 8.2.0 (freshly updated).
    I currently have a BT 4.2 USB stick that works great but it has a relatively limited range, too limited for my use as this Pi is used as a BT access point for the whole house!
    I have done range tests with a Windows 11 laptop, on which all the sticks I have tried work perfectly
    However, 0% of these eight keys were not detected by the Pi, "no adapter found" after an attempt to start the BT on pCP.

According to my analysis it is the Realtek chip that powers 100% of the keys I tested that is the problem and not specifically the BT version...
    Note that I'm not specifically looking to upgrade to BT 5.x as I'm fine with 4.2 but all the keys I tested with a long port had antennas and were 5.0 or 5.1...
    I know almost nothing about Linux but on Windows I would have said that there is a missing driver for Realtek BT chips.

Do you have a list of USB sticks with antennas that run on PCP 8?
    If not, do you have a tutorial to add the missing drivers to PCP? (if that's the problem)

In advance, thank you for your answers and again, I'm sorry to have imposed French on you

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    According to my analysis it is the Realtek chip that powers 100% of the keys I tested that is the problem and not specifically the BT version...
    Sorry, but I can only answer in English (or German if you like).
    All the BT 5.x sticks I saw have only drivers for Windows, not for Linux and not for macOS. I also saw a few of them are creating only a new Audio output which is using BT 5.0 then and not creating a Bluetooth device inside the Windows PC.
    I also tried to have one BT sender in my house for LMS and now I am using a Pi Zero W which is placed on the first floor. It is working fine in the basement and the attic. If the TV is not running I also have good reception in the garden. But at the TV there is also a bluetooth sender which is destroing the bluetooth signal of the Pi Zero W.
    Also there is a big difference in the Bluetooth headsets. I tested one from Teufel (German manufacturer) which is only usable 3m around the Pi. Then I tested a Soundcore Q30 and a Sennheiser HD 350BT and both of them are working without a problem 15m around the Pi.
    Pi4 4GB piCorePlayer with LMS and Squeezelite for USB inside an Argon One case
    Pi3B+ (7" Display, Hifiberry DAC+ Pro) piCorePlayer with Squeezlite/Jivelite for Hifiberry inside a SmartiPi touch case
    Pi Zero W only for Bluetooth headphones
    Two Airport Express
    Ikea Symfonisk

Quote Originally Posted by carsten_h View Post
    Sorry, but I can only answer in English (or German if you like)
    Merci pour ta réponse 👍🏻*
    Je n'écris pas l’anglais mais bizarrement je n'ai pas de problème pour le lire et le comprendre 🤔
    Ces infos confirment mes impressions, il me faut donc trouver une clé 4.2 avec une antenne car en terme de portée il ne me manque que 3 mètres par ci ou 5 mètres par là pour avoir une couverture parfaite...

Edit: en même temps, sauf erreur, c'est du BT 5.0 sur le Pi4B donc le souci c'est Realtek plus que la version du BT...

================================================== ======================

Thank you for your answer 👍🏻*
    I don't write English but strangely enough I have no problem reading and understanding it 🤔
    This info confirms my impressions, so I need to find a 4.2 key with an antenna because in terms of range I'm only missing 3 meters here or 5 meters there to have perfect coverage...

Edit: at the same time, unless I'm mistaken, it's BT 5.0 on the Pi4B so the concern is Realtek rather than the BT version...
    Last edited by Sylar; 2022-07-28 at 07:51.

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    Is this answer for me?
    If so, this topic is about WiFi and I'm not sure I'd have the same worries with a BT driver and anyway I don't know how to add a driver so I don't risk much 😅
    But thanks anyway 👌🏻

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Is this answer for me?
    If so, this topic is about WiFi and I'm not sure I'd have the same worries with a BT driver and anyway I don't know how to add a driver so I don't risk much 😅
    But thanks anyway 👌🏻
    You are trying to use a realtek dongle? If so, then maybe there are driver problems.