Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by bvrulez View Post
    My files get corrupted by easytag. The are playable after splitting.

But when I add a picture in mp3tag and save them they get unplayable.

I run easy3tag version 2.4.2. (I think I wrote mp3tag in my past postings.)

I even found some links:

https://community.mp3tag.de/t/2-52-f...cover/13771/24

EDIT: I think my picture files are too large (300kB). I tried with 30kB and the bug did not happen.

EDIT2: The link is for mp3tag, but the problem is the same.
    That post in the mp3tag forum is almost nine years old. I have no problem with image files larger than 1 Mb added to flac files with version 3.07 of mp3tag. I run mp3tag with the wine compatibility layer on Linux.

edit: the final post in the mp3tag thread is only five years old. Still, I don't think the issue applies to the current version.
    Last edited by RobbH; 2021-07-12 at 13:17. Reason: more info
    Usually running latest beta LMS nightly on Raspberry Pi OS with virtual players (Squeezelite and Airplay bridge). Occasionally using SB Radio, Boom or Classic.

Not sure if the link applies. Especially since it is related to mp3tag and not easytag, which I am running in version 2.4.2 on Lubuntu 16 (most recent from 2016 seems to be 2.4.3.

But I definitely have this problem and I am glad I could sort it out with your help.

Not sure if the link applies. Especially since it is related to mp3tag and not easytag, which I am running in version 2.4.2 on Lubuntu 16 (most recent from 2016 seems to be 2.4.3.

But I definitely have this problem and I am glad I could sort it out with your help.
    What I was trying to suggest but neglected to state is that if Easytag still has the problem, it appears that mp3tag does not. And mp3tag runs well with wine, so switching to mp3tag might be an option worth considering, at least when you're embedding images in flac files.
    Usually running latest beta LMS nightly on Raspberry Pi OS with virtual players (Squeezelite and Airplay bridge). Occasionally using SB Radio, Boom or Classic.

I don't have experience but I thought metaflac is the "official" tool to use to add metadata into flac file.

I understood that switching to mp3tag might be a solution. But I want to keep easytag and not bother with wine. Also, adding pictures in easytag works, if they are small (about 30kB), which is totally fine with me. I just have to remember.

But I have to admit, it sucks a bit! I can add the small picture, GNOME player and VLC will play the file, but LMS will not display it in the browsefolder structure...

I understood that switching to mp3tag might be a solution. But I want to keep easytag and not bother with wine. Also, adding pictures in easytag works, if they are small (about 30kB), which is totally fine with me. I just have to remember.

But I have to admit, it sucks a bit! I can add the small picture, GNOME player and VLC will play the file, but LMS will not display it in the browsefolder structure...
    Drill down to the lowest level on the track and check what metadata tags LMS has found.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    I don't have experience but I thought metaflac is the "official" tool to use to add metadata into flac file.
    Thangs again! This seems to work. I will probably tag all written data with easytag now, and then add a picture with metaflac.

I wrote a small script to backup and alter all files in a directory. Only thing is that `--preserve-modtime` would give an error. But it's not so important.

EDIT: I updated the script to remove old pictures and the coverart tag (just in case).

EDIT2: The script will now backup the files outside of the current directory.

Code:
    #!/bin/bash

FILEPATH="/home/$USER/Desktop/1.jpg"

echo "**********************************************"
    echo "** do 'metaflac --import-picture-from=$FILEPATH FILE'"
    CURRENT_CD="${PWD##*/}"

if [ ! -d "../BACKUP" ]; then
      echo "** mkdir ../BACKUP"
      mkdir ../BACKUP
      else "** ../BACKUP already exists (directory)"
    fi

if [ ! -d "../BACKUP/$CURRENT_CD" ]; then
      echo "** mkdir ../BACKUP/$CURRENT_CD"
      mkdir "../BACKUP/$CURRENT_CD"
      else
        echo "** ../BACKUP/$CURRENT_CD already exists (directory)"
    fi

echo ""
    for f in *.flac;
    do
      if [ -f "$f" ]; then
        echo "$f"
        if [ ! -f "../BACKUP/$CURRENT_CD/$f" ]; then
          echo "-> cp $f to ../BACKUP/CURRENT_CD"
          cp "$f" "../BACKUP/$CURRENT_CD/$f"
        else 
          echo "-> backup file already exists" 
        fi
        echo "-> remove old pictures and tag COVERART"
        metaflac --remove --block-type=PICTURE,PADDING --dont-use-padding "$f"
        metaflac --remove-tag=COVERART  --dont-use-padding "$f"
        echo "-> add picture $FILEPATH"
        metaflac --import-picture-from="$FILEPATH" "$f"
      fi
    done
    echo "***********************************************"
    Last edited by bvrulez; 2021-07-13 at 09:05.

Just FYI, Mp3tag now makes a native mac version.
    Using: Win10 64 + LMS 8 & Duet & ipads w/the logitech app, and ipeng on an ipod
    http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph..._Artists_logic & http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Compilations