Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Write Error picoreplayer mount cache LMS favourites

Hi there and sorry, if this question has already been answered but I couldn't find a solution. I am a total Linux noob!

My setting:
    • DS 118 with DSM 7.0-41890
    • piCorePlayer v7.0.1 on a PI connected to DS via cable

For creating mountpoints I did the following:
    • On the DS I activated NFS Version 3 with no further settings
    • Also on the DS I chose the shared folder "music" and editetd the NFS-permissions
      Name:  FireShot Screen Capture #019 - 'TUGS!' - tugs.png
Views: 169
Size:  18.7 KB
    • in the LMS settings of the picoreplayer I added a mountpoint as follows
      Name:  FireShot Screen Capture #020 - 'pCP - LMS Main Page' - http.png
Views: 165
Size:  12.9 KB
      I had to leave the option section blank, because by specifying the uid 1001 and gig 50 I received an error when trying to mount

So far so good.

No I wanted to move the cahe of LMS to the NAS (I SHOULD do that, shouldn't I?). However, I did as described above to create a mountpoint with a new shared folder. After done that I assigned the new mountpoint to the setting "Save LMS Server Cache and Preferences to Mounted Drive". Everything seems to work fine.

But when I try to save favourites I get an error "Fehler beim Speichern der Datei /usr/local/slimserver/prefs/favorites.opml". Additonal I can't update Plugins. So I guess I have a rights-problem, because moving back the LMS Cache to the defalt (SD on the PI) results in havein no problems anymore.

Can someone give me a hint what to do, or is moving the cache to the nas not really usefull?

Thank you very much!

Putting the Cache on a network drive is going to slow down the system. I would just leave it on the SD card or a good USB drive
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer