Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 74 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
Results 731 to 740 of 951
  1. #731
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    I think Raspberry Pi OS+Squeezelite+LMS+TVheadend would be the easiest solution.
    Thanks! I will try this.

  2. #732
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    21,643
    I'm tracking down a problem with CDplayer in Pcp 8.0 and I found a strange behaviour.

    Clean install of PCP and a single USB vfat stick (i.e. /mnt/stick ) with two folder Albums (/mnt/stick/albums) and Playlists (/mnt/stick/playlists)
    Using LMS WebGUI - LMS settings set Music to /mnt/stick/albums and Playlist folder is set to /mnt/stick/playlists
    No Squeezelite player is running.

    Like standard LMS Infobrowser plugin (look for the infobrowser.opml file), the CDplayer plugin uses the Playlist folder to save menus.

    If pcp & LMS is powered on - the /mnt/stick is mounted "rw"
    Everything is OK - CDplayer can write into the playlist folder.

    Using the PCP browser interface if LMS is stopped & then restarted (i.e. PCP is not shutdown) - the /mnt/stick is now mounted is "ro"

    So problems then happen as CDplayer plugin cannot write into a folder which it could write into before.
    Is there a reason for the inconsistent behaviour ?

  3. #733
    Senior Member paul-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,834
    There is no mount logic in the LMS start/stop routines. I wonder why the OS would remount the drive. Is there anything in dmesg?
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

    Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

  4. #734
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    21,643
    Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    There is no mount logic in the LMS start/stop routines. I wonder why the OS would remount the drive. Is there anything in dmesg?
    Attached is an edited version of dmesg. It logs

    1. System boot from power up startup. Edited to start from "Starting piCorePlayer v8.1.0 startup."
    2. dmesg shows stick was unmounted incorrectly - yet pcp was shutdown using "pcp sd" command - does this not do a proper shut down ?
    3. output from "mount -l " to show stick is a rw
    4. From browser GUI - LMS was stopped and restarted.
    5. dmesg showing what has happened during LMS down/up - again edited just to show from the message "Starting piCorePlayer v8.1.0 startup".
    6. output from "mount -l" to show stick is now "ro"

    dmesg-rw-ro-problem.zip

    I'm guessing the "errors=remount-ro" causes the stick to be remounted "ro" - why is the shutdown /unmount not being done properly ?
    Last edited by bpa; 2022-02-09 at 12:37.

  5. #735
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    21,643
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Attached is an edited version of dmesg. It logs

    1. System boot from power up startup. Edited to start from "Starting piCorePlayer v8.1.0 startup."
    2. dmesg shows stick was unmounted incorrectly - yet pcp was shutdown using "pcp sd" command - does this not do a proper shut down ?
    3. output from "mount -l " to show stick is a rw
    4. From browser GUI - LMS was stopped and restarted.
    5. dmesg showing what has happened during LMS down/up - again edited just to show from the message "Starting piCorePlayer v8.1.0 startup".
    6. output from "mount -l" to show stick is now "ro"

    dmesg-rw-ro-problem.zip

    I'm guessing the "errors=remount-ro" causes the stick to be remounted "ro" - why is the shutdown /unmount not being done properly ?
    Answering my own question.

    It is an unusual situation with a vfat (FAT32) USB stick with dirty bit on - so possibly corrupted. On power up PCP will mount it "RW" but for come reason after a LMS stop/start it gets "disconnected" and remounted but because of file errors it is now mounted "ro".

    I expect fixing the file corruption should resolve the issue.

    It is a distraction from my original problem with CDplayer plugin and I can ruled it out as the source.

  6. #736
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    10
    Hi there,

    I know itĹs not exactly a pCP related question which is why I opened a new thread, but it has something to do with why udev behaves differently under Raspbian OS compared to the pCP OSů
    may I kindly ask you pCP pros to take a look at this thread? That would be great, thanks!

  7. #737
    Senior Member Labarum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Southampton, UK & Nicosia, Cyprus
    Posts
    820
    A newbie question:

    I have put a lot of work into tidying up and increasing my flac library to use with my new setup using an rPi4 running PiCorePlayer. My library is on the Pi on a 128GB flash drive, and yes, I have it backed up to my Chromebook and to a 1TB USB drive.

    I have been pulling the flash drive out of the Pi, and putting it into the Chromebook to copying the content onto the Chromebook then onto the iTB hard drive.

    If I were to plug the 1TB drive into the second USB 3 socket on the PI I presume I could use Samba controlled from the Chromebook to copy files from the flash drive to the hard drive. Can I make the files copy directly within the Pi from one drive to the other, or will Samba fetch them to the Chromebook then send them back to the Pi - which would take . . . for . . . ever?
    Brian

    In UK: rPi4 running LMS, Chromecast Audio Dongle and Chromecast Video Dongle attached to TV - Beresford DAC - Quad 77 Integrated Amp - AVI Neutron 4 Speakers - Sennheiser HD25 Headphones. Boom in Bedroom.

    In Nicosia: LMS running on a small form factor Windows PC, Beresford DAC into Quad 405-2 and MB Quart 980s

  8. #738
    Senior Member kidstypike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brindle
    Posts
    5,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Labarum View Post
    A newbie question:

    I have put a lot of work into tidying up and increasing my flac library to use with my new setup using an rPi4 running PiCorePlayer. My library is on the Pi on a 128GB flash drive, and yes, I have it backed up to my Chromebook and to a 1TB USB drive.

    I have been pulling the flash drive out of the Pi, and putting it into the Chromebook to copying the content onto the Chromebook then onto the iTB hard drive.

    If I were to plug the 1TB drive into the second USB 3 socket on the PI I presume I could use Samba controlled from the Chromebook to copy files from the flash drive to the hard drive. Can I make the files copy directly within the Pi from one drive to the other, or will Samba fetch them to the Chromebook then send them back to the Pi - which would take . . . for . . . ever?
    I have 2 drives attached to my Pi/pCP, I can copy from one drive to another easily in Windows File explorer.

    No problem.
    LMS server/study player - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.1.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > Topping E30 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Echo Show 8
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier

    Spares - 1xSB Touch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, 1xDAC32, 1xCORE32

  9. #739
    Senior Member Labarum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Southampton, UK & Nicosia, Cyprus
    Posts
    820
    Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    I have 2 drives attached to my Pi/pCP, I can copy from one drive to another easily in Windows File explorer.

    No problem.
    And how is the data transferred? Directly from one drive of the Pi to the other drive of the Pi, or via the controlling machine (your PC)?

    If the latter, 70 GB would take a while to move by WiFi?
    Brian

    In UK: rPi4 running LMS, Chromecast Audio Dongle and Chromecast Video Dongle attached to TV - Beresford DAC - Quad 77 Integrated Amp - AVI Neutron 4 Speakers - Sennheiser HD25 Headphones. Boom in Bedroom.

    In Nicosia: LMS running on a small form factor Windows PC, Beresford DAC into Quad 405-2 and MB Quart 980s

  10. #740
    Senior Member kidstypike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brindle
    Posts
    5,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Labarum View Post
    And how is the data transferred? Directly from one drive of the Pi to the other drive of the Pi, or via the controlling machine (your PC)?

    If the latter, 70 GB would take a while to move by WiFi?
    Moved/copied directly from one attached drive to the other. The PC is just an interface to achieve this.
    LMS server/study player - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.1.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > Topping E30 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Echo Show 8
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier

    Spares - 1xSB Touch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, 1xDAC32, 1xCORE32

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •