Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 65 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Tx, it eventually accepted both sites so I'll see if it works.

But I still think something like this would be reliable and a lot easier to setup (just subscribe the the thread), with a new post for each release (or important other update). ;-)
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...erver-Versions

Quote Originally Posted by Narcos View Post
    Rebooted with & without Ethernet cable removed, but I loose the connectiion when I removed the cable.

Yes, I have configured the Ethernet link with a static IP address in my router....
    I think you have configured your router wrongly, you only allow the Ethernet address 192.168.1.6 whereas the wlan seems to have this IP address 192.168.1.3. Also please notice that the MAC is different between the Ethernet adaptor and the wlan adaptor. Have a look at the screenshot you provided previously.

regards steen
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    firmware has been added to the pCP 8.x.x repository. You will have to do a little manual work here until we make upgrades the wifi pages.

start a ssh session
    Code:
    tc@Pi4-armhf-Devel:~$ tce-load -w firmware-mediatek
    Downloading: firmware-mediatek.tcz
    Connecting to repo.picoreplayer.org (172.67.157.97:443)
    saving to 'firmware-mediatek.tcz'
    firmware-mediatek.tc 100% |**************************************************************| 7048k  0:00:00 ETA
    'firmware-mediatek.tcz' saved
    firmware-mediatek.tcz: OK
    tc@Pi4-armhf-Devel:~$
    Then edit your onboot.lst (use vi or install nano)
    Code:
    tc@Pi4-armhf-Devel:~$ vi /etc/sysconfig/tcedir/onboot.lst
    Press the 'i' key on your keyboard for insert. At the beginning of the file, or at least by all of the other firmware-xxxxxxx.tcz entries

add "firmware-mediatek.tcz" to the file

then Press <ESC>:wq

This will save the file.....then reboot. And you should be good.
    Thanks a lot Paul !! Works perfectly. I upgraded to 8.1.0, then installed the extension using the web interface (that actually already modified the onboot.lst file, I just reordered it so the firmware is loaded with the others). Restarted and inserted the new wifi dongle and it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by sbp View Post
    I think you have configured your router wrongly, you only allow the Ethernet address 192.168.1.6 whereas the wlan seems to have this IP address 192.168.1.3. Also please notice that the MAC is different between the Ethernet adaptor and the wlan adaptor. Have a look at the screenshot you provided previously.

regards steen
    Hi Steen, you are probably right. I have disabled the static IP on my router, also not sure why I have 2 different MAC? What do you suggest I do?

Thanks, B

Quote Originally Posted by Narcos View Post
    I have disabled the static IP on my router, also not sure why I have 2 different MAC? What do you suggest I do?
    It is normal to have a different MAC for WiFi and Ethernet.
    If you really want to block/accept access via MAC address then add both on your router - or only add the one the WiFi one (but be prepared to be confused one day when you put the Ethernet cable back in and it does not work)
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Sound quality - LMS-squeezelite on same Pi vs two Pis

I'm currently reconfiguring my LMS/Pi setup and am wondering whether or not to let LMS run on pCP alongside a Squeezelite instance or not. In terms of SQ performance, does Squeezelite prefer to have a Pi to itself? I'm happy to devote a Pi to this, but could find other uses for it if it doesn't matter. If anyone has any experience of this I'd be grateful to hear your wisdom.

Squeezelite is fine alongside LMS.
    Possibly on a 512MB Pi you would separate them but try it for yourself and be pleasantly surprised.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

I think the only interest of having a LMS on a dedicated Pi is to share it with several Squeezeboxes and/or Pi Core Players

Quote Originally Posted by jubm View Post
    I think the only interest of having a LMS on a dedicated Pi is to share it with several Squeezeboxes and/or Pi Core Players
    exactly. No value in having LMS running on your rPi unless you need an instance of LMS for your local network to feed players. Squeezelite doesn't work any better having LMS on the same rPi.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    It is normal to have a different MAC for WiFi and Ethernet.
    If you really want to block/accept access via MAC address then add both on your router - or only add the one the WiFi one (but be prepared to be confused one day when you put the Ethernet cable back in and it does not work)
    Thanks Paul, by some measure of luck I have WIFI now on the RPI. Re; Using Ethernet later on, I guess weĺll cross the bridge when we come to it.