Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 51 of 121 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hsmeets View Post
    Thanks Paul, will read, first scan of the document and the Broadcom document referred to I have to choose wisely that not during power up and boot the pin changes states, pull low to high etc otherwise the relay to switch the PSU could starts rattling a few times until squeezelite grabs control.

Well, any way, will take out my proto board and test.
    Yes, pick a pin that is an input by default, or an output that powers on in the correct state for your application.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

RPi Firmware Nov 5, 2021

Is there a new Rpi4 Firmware available?
    How can this be installed?

Currently running: 000138a1
    Wed Mar 17 11:25:36 UTC 2021 (1615980336)

The latest default RPI4 bootloader is 2021-04-29

The easiest way would be to burn a bootloader image using RPI imager. Otherwise you can download an extension from github that has that firmware in it and use the command line tools.

https://github.com/piCorePlayer/rpi-eeprom/releases

Still not clear how to update from piCore command line.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    The latest default RPI4 bootloader is 2021-04-29
    Otherwise you can download an extension from github that has that firmware in it and use the command line tools.

https://github.com/piCorePlayer/rpi-eeprom/releases

Quote Originally Posted by VDR View Post
    I use HD Grid Skin 1920x1080
    My misremembering ... I have just set it up (on a DVI screen so without CEC but with a keyboard attached).
    Do not use a Grid screen ... instead use one of the HD screens ... then the right cursor is like Play.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Yes, pick a pin that is an input by default, or an output that powers on in the correct state for your application.
    Scanned the documentation, it looks like all GPIO's are set to input on power-on of the SoC, a few are pulled high (first eight and some others) but most pulled low via the internal resistors. But I'll use an external pull down resistor anyway to prevent random behaviour until that GPIO is changed from input to output mode. It also makes the design more robust for possible change in behaviour with newer SoC's.

I still need to verify on a proto board that the choosen GPIO wil not flipflop between various states and output voltage levels from power-on, booting until Squeezelite takes control of the GPIO.

But we are getting off topic concerning the purpose of this thread. Maybe I start a build thread in the DIY section.
    does the all-black SB sound better than the white SB?

Insitu Update 8.0.0 to 8.1.0

I am running pCP 8.0.0 and am considering an Insitu update to 8.1.0.

My setup has 3 partitions - Boot, Root, Data (for LMS data), see below

The Insitu update warning reads:

• Assume an insitu update will overwrite ALL the data on your SD card.
    • Any user modified or added files may be lost or overwritten.

Q: Will the Insitu update just overwrite the Boot, Root partitions and leave the Data partition intact? Or will it literally overwrite the whole card and revert back to the standard Boot, Root partition scheme?

Name:  pcp-partitions.png
Views: 581
Size:  13.1 KB

Many thanks,
    jasc

Hi jasc,

The message is really just a warning that "anything may happen" and make you think about your current backup strategy.

While I have done lots of pCP8.0.0 to pCP8.1.0 Insitu updates with the normal 2 partitions in testing, I can't remember doing pCP8.0.0 to pCP8.1.0 Insitu update with the 3 partitions!

Depending on how valuable the data on your PCP_DATA partition is, will determine if its worth the risk without a good backup.

regards
    Greg
    Last edited by Greg Erskine; 2021-12-10 at 02:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    Hi jasc,

The message is really just a warning that "anything may happen" and make you think about your current backup strategy.

While I have done lots of pCP8.0.0 to pCP8.1.0 Insitu updates with the normal 2 partitions in testing, I can't remember doing pCP8.0.0 to pCP8.1.0 Insitu update with the 3 partitions!

Depending on how valuable the data on your PCP_DATA partition is, will determine if its worth the risk without a good backup.

regards
    Greg
    I have the same setup and I'll be very interested to see how it goes . Please let us know!

Jim

Nothing is done to the third partition as a part of the update process. But I've seen cards that are on their last legs crash during an update.......it's pretty rare though.