Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
    Jim, can you navigate to the partition using SSH or WinSCP ?

ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Jim, can you navigate to the partition using SSH or WinSCP ?

ronnie
    Hi Ronnie, I imagine I could try that if I knew how . Then after that "why would I want/need to?" would be the next question .

If it helps, I can see the partition as a network drive in windows via samba:
    Name:  2021-10-18 13_28_20-images.png
Views: 584
Size:  5.0 KB

LMSFiles is the attached USB HDD, LMSPrefs is the SD 3rd partition.

It seems the restriction is only associated to the "images" folder that the pCP backup utility creates/writes to. "Music" has my library and I can add and delete freely. same with "backup" which contains backups PC files (photos, docs, etc). So I am thinking that it's something that pCP is doing to a mounted USB Drive (but not a network drive per @kidstypike).

It's not anything I need to solve. Actually figuring out how to make my PC look like a network drive to pCP is ideal for my needs.

Jim

Its just that root access is needed to access the hardware when making the backup. I guess I figured most would be using a mounted drive to save the image....

using ssh and using sudo, should do the trick.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

I haven't done a backup in a while using the web interface, and today I received this error:
    [ INFO ] Backing up files to /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/mydata.tgz /-\ There was an issue, see /tmp/backup_status.

[ ERROR ] Show backup_status...

tar: /usr/local/slimserver/Plugins: No such file or directory tar: error exit delayed from previous errors
    [ ERROR ] Backup failed.

[ WARN ] Your backup is a little large - 812653 bytes.

[ INFO ] Be careful adding large files to /home/tc.

[ INFO ] If your backup takes a long time, piCorePlayer may fail to start properly.
    I would appreciate any help explaining how to correct this, and also where to look to trim the size. Thanks!

This usually indicates a problem in the file /opt/.filetool.lst

Is there a leading / ?

Or a file or directory that no longer exists.

Maybe /usr/local/slimserver/Plugins

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    This usually indicates a problem in the file /opt/.filetool.lst

Is there a leading / ?

Or a file or directory that no longer exists.

Maybe /usr/local/slimserver/Plugins
    That was it! Thanks!

(I should have paid closer attention to: https://docs.picoreplayer.org/information/pcp_backup/ )

Static IP address > DHCP = dead pCP

Hi - sorry if this issue has already been addressed somewhere in the forums, my searches failed to turn up any kind of solution.

I've been running pCP 8 and LMS 8 on an RPi 3B. I'd set a static IP address of x.x.x.99. A new router enables me to link the Pi's MAC address to the required IP address within the router. On the pCP main (Beta) page I clicked "Static IP" and on the target page selected the DHCP radio button, and re-booted....

From that moment on the Pi was effectively dead. The router didn't allocate it an IP address from the DHCP range, SSH didn't give access (no surprises there!), just nothing working. I wondered if the SD card had died for some reason so flashed a spare card with a backup image - which was pCP 7, written immediately before upgrading to pCP8.

The Pi rebooted as normal from the replacement SD card and all appeared well. LMS even resumed the Spotify playlist I had going in Spotty which was a pleasant surprise.

I then went to the pCP 7 main page, through to the Static IP page, clicked the "DHCP" button, rebooted and - - - the Pi once more was dead, exactly as with the pCP 8 SD card. Presumably this is not an issue directly related to pCP 8.

Any pointers, anyone? I'd prefer not to start with a brand new pCP install if I can avoid it by some kind of work-around.

Edit: I'm using Ethernet for this Pi - wifi isn't involved

[If this issue should really be in a different thread, I'll start one and link to it from here.]
    Last edited by Viragored; 2021-10-26 at 20:27.
    Digital: Raspberry Pi 3B; piCorePlayer 8 + LMS 8; HifiBerry DAC+DSP > Yamaha RX-V2700 > Jamo speakers
    Analogue: HifiBerry DAC+DSP > Speakercraft MZC-66 > whole house
    Library: External USB drive
    Android: Squeezer app

I just tested DHCP > static IP > DHCP > static IP > DHCP. Worked OK.

You may need a monitor to see if an IP has been assigned or use an IP scanner, or see if there are any error messages.

Try using http://hostname.local

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    I just tested DHCP > static IP > DHCP > static IP > DHCP. Worked OK.

You may need a monitor to see if an IP has been assigned or use an IP scanner, or see if there are any error messages.

Try using http://hostname.local
    Thanks for the reply, Greg - issue resolved apparently all by itself. Another day, another result.... I suspect the problem was in my new router which might have been up to some tricks yesterday. The TV is also connected over ethernet and also had some issues yesterday while streaming.

All pCP stuff seems to be working correctly today - On the 'Beta' main page I selected DHCP, rebooted and the pCP Pi showed correctly in the table of dynamic IP addresses on the network. Next I set the IP I wanted in the router's table, rebooted pCP and all is good. One difference I noticed from yesterday is that then the router was not finding the host name of several devices, including pCP, but was showing them up as "unknown" followed by their MAC address. Today the host names are all there, as expected (apart from the TV which remains "unknown"!).

Cheers :-)
    Digital: Raspberry Pi 3B; piCorePlayer 8 + LMS 8; HifiBerry DAC+DSP > Yamaha RX-V2700 > Jamo speakers
    Analogue: HifiBerry DAC+DSP > Speakercraft MZC-66 > whole house
    Library: External USB drive
    Android: Squeezer app

Argon M.2 case and piCorePlayer.

I need help.

I've got the Argon M.2 extension board for my Argon one case, and a 240GB Internal SSD M.2 SATA board, assembled as per instructions, powered up my Pi4/4GB expecting to see the SATA board as a mountable USB drive on the LMS page, but no USB drives showing.

Or is it not that simple?

Thank you.

Server - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP 8.0.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/pCP 8.0.0/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi