Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 123 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hoverdonkey View Post
    I was just in settings and saw that v.8.0.0 is available, so I updated in-situ, which went smoothly.

The reason I was looking at settings was to try wi-fi instead of ethernet. The next logical step is to disble ethernet - is this possible in PCP? I have looked through settings but could not see an option for this.

The reason want to try wi-fi only is that I use a USB DAC and have been hearing clicks - I had read the ethernet sharing/fighting the USB might be a cause.
    What USB Dac are you using and what RPI board? If you are using an older RPI board (Earlier than a RPI4) Then take a look at the "USB Audio tweaks" at the bottom of the tweaks page.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

All my devices updated to 8.0, push-button easy. Thanks for making it so simple!
    piTouchÖ w/JustBoom DigiHat -> RME ADI-2 DAC FS -> JBL 305P MkII monitors; LMS 8.2 on piCorePlayer/Pi 4; Material Skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Just made a fresh image for my rpi 1 and Cyrus Logic soundcard.......it works

However, the keymap loads US settings and my UK keyboard does not work . I noticed this with v7.0.1 but forgot to mention it , sorry (dmseg attatched)
    ronnie,

I updated the cirrus logic extension.....but that is just a nuisance error.

The keyboard issue. You are missing ff-memless.ko, which is a force feedback driver. If its really important, you can grab the module from https://repo.picoreplayer.org/repo/1...pcpCore.tar.xz (Match the armv? for you rpi board) Otherwise, I've made the changes on my build system for the next time I build kernels for release.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Both of those should have been seen in 7.0.1. I can fix the cirrus issue by updating the extension. The keyboard is a missing module, does that keyboard have extra hardware on it?
    It's a standard Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600 (UK) Model 1366.

I have used it before without any problem

Name:  Keyboard.jpg
Views: 1174
Size:  165.5 KB

ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    ronnie,

I updated the cirrus logic extension.....but that is just a nuisance error.

The keyboard issue. You are missing ff-memless.ko, which is a force feedback driver. If its really important, you can grab the module from https://repo.picoreplayer.org/repo/1...pcpCore.tar.xz (Match the armv? for you rpi board) Otherwise, I've made the changes on my build system for the next time I build kernels for release.
    that's OK Paul, it's not a big deal at all

Thanks for your work

ronnie
    Last edited by Man in a van; 2021-07-11 at 10:10.

Insitu Update

Thank you. I was on the wrong update panel. I was impressed that the update reviewed the memory required vs available. Since I had plenty of memory I ran it and all of my music files were still intact

Did an insitu update on my Pi4 (7.01 before) with LMS and USB speaker: no problem
    The other insitu was my Pi3B+ (7.01 before) with Jivelite, Hifiberry and Bluetooth Headphone: I had to deinstall Bluetooth before but it was an easy install afterwards. The pairing of the headphone was no problem.
    Music is back, everything is fine!

Thank you very much!
    Pi4 4GB piCorePlayer with LMS and Squeezelite for USB inside an Argon One case
    Pi3B+ (7" Display, Hifiberry DAC+ Pro) piCorePlayer with Squeezlite/Jivelite for Hifiberry inside a SmartiPi touch case
    Pi Zero W only for Bluetooth headphones
    Two Airport Express
    Ikea Symfonisk

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    What version are you upgrading from?

I just tried again, same error message.

Sounds like a space issue or corrupt download.

Have you tried rebooting?

Check the size of your boot partition. pCP does check space before it downloads but you never know.

Have you done insitu's in the past from 5 to 6 to 7?

Have you loaded extra extensions? Sometimes a bootstrap command get superseded by GNU version.

At the end of the day, a fresh install is often the quickest resolution to the problem.

Painless in-situ upgrade for me!

Step 1, back up the SD card
    Step 2, update the www interface ('cos I forgot to do it before step 1!)
    Step 3, pick the "Full Update" option from PCP updates on the main screen, and click "Next" whenever needed
    Step 4, rockin' the music once more!

The only unusual thing I noticed was the "Space needed" figure was as expected; the "Free space available" figure was huge, so my USB external 2TB drive (with about .7TB free) must have been counted in as well. LMS and my library are all working as they should, so - Very well done, guys!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Digital: Raspberry Pi 3B; piCorePlayer 8 + LMS 8; HifiBerry DAC+DSP > Yamaha RX-V2700 > Jamo speakers
    Analogue: HifiBerry DAC+DSP > Speakercraft MZC-66 > whole house
    Library: External USB drive
    Android: Squeezer app