Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

samba, still problems

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Samba4 is a server, it has nothing to do with client connections to a remote server. CIFS is the file system.

Between the note in dmesg, and the help that is in pCP, you should see that you are missing the vers=x.x on the mount options. Where x.x is the version supported by the remote.
    Thanks for the clarification. Apologies if the terminology below is still wrong.

I know that 3.1.1 (or 3.11?) is supported - when I connect from windows to this samba share and check the dialect/version (Using powershell command Get-SmbConnection), I see:

Code:
    ServerName ShareName  Dialect NumOpens
    ---------- ---------  ------- --------
    musicman     IPC$       3.1.1    1

and when I query from the linux side (smbstatus, to show the above windows connection) I see this:
    Code:
    PID     Username     Group          Encryption   
    ----------------------------------------------- 
    119890  tom          tom            SMB3_11     
    I have tried the following versions (vers=x.x, complete options: uid=1001,gid=50,vers=x.x) with no good results, the complete mount command that shows the error is this (for example):

Code:
    mount -v -t cifs -o username=xxxxxxx,password="xxxxxx",uid=1001,gid=50,vers=3.11 //192.168.5.163/"pcp" /mnt/musicmanbackup
    Note I can see that the username /password are correct.

Code:
    version (vers=x.x)        note
    -------                   ---------
    2                         unknown version
    2.0                       (message as in previous post, "Could not allocate crypto hmac(sha256),Error -2 during NTLMSSP authentication ")
    2.1                       (message as above)
    3.0                       (message as above)
    3.1                       unknown version
    3.11                      (message as above)
    3.1.1                     (message as above)
    Sorry if I am being stupid, just looking for ideas. Happy to ssh in and try things as well - I've tried the mount command above with no luck ("mount: /mnt/musicmanbackup: special device //192.168.5.163/pcp does not exist."). My smb.conf on the linux side does have a pcp share, and I have used it in Windows (and previously in pcp7.0.1). I realize the problem could be on the linux side but it did work with pcp 7.0.1.

Thanks for any help.

Tom

Last edited by TomS; 2021-08-02 at 20:16. Reason: extra space inserted by editor
    SB3(1), Boom(2), Radio(3), piCorePlayer (1)

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Wow, don’t do that anymore. That bug is several versions old. Thanks for the info, so we can squash that one.
    Did a fresh install and that bug is still there, had to put the settings of 80::0: back in after turning the toolbar off. At first I thought it was installing Jivelite, but it was just changing the toolbar setting.

Just confirm this, I just turned the toolbar on again and the ALSA settings are blank.

On version 7.0.0, the ALSA setting is 80::1:, I tried setting mmap to 1 in 8.0.0 and I also get no audio.

Quote Originally Posted by mfraser View Post
    Did a fresh install and that bug is still there, had to put the settings of 80::0: back in after turning the toolbar off. At first I thought it was installing Jivelite, but it was just changing the toolbar setting.

Just confirm this, I just turned the toolbar on again and the ALSA settings are blank.

On version 7.0.0, the ALSA setting is 80::1:, I tried setting mmap to 1 in 8.0.0 and I also get no audio.
    The bug was only discovered 2 days ago, give them a chance.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    The bug was only discovered 2 days ago, give them a chance.
    I took "that bug is several versions old" to mean that it has been fixed in the current version.

I took "that bug is several versions old" to mean that it has been fixed in the current version.
    The next sentence was "Thanks for the info, so we can squash that one." I think the bug has been there for a few versions without anyone noticing.

Likely in the 0.1 version I think.

Did you make a new download ?

ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Likely in the 0.1 version I think.

Did you make a new download ?

ronnie
    No, but I did clicked on the minor update button.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    The next sentence was "Thanks for the info, so we can squash that one." I think the bug has been there for a few versions without anyone noticing.

I see that now. Is there any reason why I have to disable mmap?

I just upgraded a family member's 7.01 to 8.0 and am getting the same mount failure to a remote CIFS system (hmac error).
    This is on an old RPI1

So I wonder if there is an issue with something missing or not configured correctly for the processor used in RPI1 and RPi0
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin, AllZIC Radio, Caroline Flashback, Cesky rozhlas, Frequence3, JukeRadio, KlassikRadio.de, Linn Radio, Mother Earth, Naim Radio, Nova.fr, RadioBlues Flac, Radio Espace, Somehow Jazz, Supla Finland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    I just upgraded a family member's 7.01 to 8.0 and am getting the same mount failure to a remote CIFS system (hmac error).
    This is on an old RPI1

So I wonder if there is an issue with something missing or not configured correctly for the processor used in RPI1 and RPi0
    What is the device creating the share? Check the output of `lsmod` is hmac loaded?
    Last edited by paul-; 2021-08-03 at 05:23.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer