Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Just made a fresh image for my rpi 1 and Cyrus Logic soundcard.......it works

Turtletastic!!

However, the keymap loads US settings and my UK keyboard does not work . I noticed this with v7.0.1 but forgot to mention it , sorry (dmseg attatched)

pCP v8 dmseg.txt

Also I see this when starting

Name:  pCP v8.jpg
Views: 1132
Size:  215.1 KB

ronnie

In-situ upgrade from v7.0.0 worked a peach for me.

30 seconds of clicking OK / Next. 60 seconds for a reboot. Drama = 0.
    Server: piCorePlayer 8.0.0 on Pi 4B 2GB running LMS 8.1.1, with library on local 512GB USB drive
    Listening on: 2 x Squeezebox Radios 8.0.1 , and direct from the Pi using a Beringer UCA202 USB audio interface

Quote Originally Posted by AlecSp View Post
    In-situ upgrade from v7.0.0 worked a peach for me.

30 seconds of clicking OK / Next. 60 seconds for a reboot. Drama = 0.
    I think I needed to do a manual reboot but apart from that it went smoothly. It might be because I was trying the pcp.local IP address for the first time and hadn't told my noscript plugin on Firefox to trust it.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Any benefit of switching to 64 bit on a 3B+?

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Updated without issues. Now need to rescan for bt headphones...

A question: does the alsa equaliser apply to bt output?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    However, the keymap loads US settings and my UK keyboard does not work . I noticed this with v7.0.1 but forgot to mention it , sorry (dmseg attatched)
    Both of those should have been seen in 7.0.1. I can fix the cirrus issue by updating the extension. The keyboard is a missing module, does that keyboard have extra hardware on it?

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    Updated without issues. Now need to rescan for bt headphones...

A question: does the alsa equaliser apply to bt output?
    Yes, if you have alsaequal installed, you can setup your Bluetooth device. When it is connected, go to the alsaequal configuration pageů..you can select the device in a tab on the page.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

I happened to select an extension and clicked update and there was an update available. Is there a way to update all extensions with a single click or is it necessary to check each one individually?

InSitu update completed on 8 players, including one LMS on a mixture of pi 2,3 and 4 with a mixtures of configs. All ran perfectly. I'll likely get around to updating them from clean install at some point, but insitu ran perfectly for me.

pete S

Disable ethernet?

I was just in settings and saw that v.8.0.0 is available, so I updated in-situ, which went smoothly.

The reason I was looking at settings was to try wi-fi instead of ethernet. The next logical step is to disble ethernet - is this possible in PCP? I have looked through settings but could not see an option for this.

The reason want to try wi-fi only is that I use a USB DAC and have been hearing clicks - I had read the ethernet sharing/fighting the USB might be a cause.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoverdonkey View Post
    I was just in settings and saw that v.8.0.0 is available, so I updated in-situ, which went smoothly.

The reason I was looking at settings was to try wi-fi instead of ethernet. The next logical step is to disble ethernet - is this possible in PCP? I have looked through settings but could not see an option for this.

The reason want to try wi-fi only is that I use a USB DAC and have been hearing clicks - I had read the ethernet sharing/fighting the USB might be a cause.

Thanks
    Have you tried WiFi yet? I have no idea if ethernet can be disabled but I use WiFi with a USB DAC connected to a Pi3B and have never noticed any clicks even with DSD tracks, even DXD.