Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paul-
    • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Man in a van
    However, the keymap loads US settings and my UK keyboard does not work . I noticed this with v7.0.1 but forgot to mention it , sorry (dmseg attatched)
    Both of those should have been seen in 7.0.1. I can fix the cirrus issue by updating the extension. The keyboard is a missing module, does that keyboard have extra hardware on it?

Originally posted by castalla
    Updated without issues. Now need to rescan for bt headphones...

A question: does the alsa equaliser apply to bt output?
    Yes, if you have alsaequal installed, you can setup your Bluetooth device. When it is connected, go to the alsaequal configuration pageā€¦..you can select the device in a tab on the page.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Comment

• slartibartfast
      • Jan 2010

I happened to select an extension and clicked update and there was an update available. Is there a way to update all extensions with a single click or is it necessary to check each one individually?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
      Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
      Bedroom: Radio
      Bathroom: Radio

Comment

• psketch
        • Jun 2012

InSitu update completed on 8 players, including one LMS on a mixture of pi 2,3 and 4 with a mixtures of configs. All ran perfectly. I'll likely get around to updating them from clean install at some point, but insitu ran perfectly for me.

pete S

Comment

• hoverdonkey
          • Oct 2019

Disable ethernet?

I was just in settings and saw that v.8.0.0 is available, so I updated in-situ, which went smoothly.

The reason I was looking at settings was to try wi-fi instead of ethernet. The next logical step is to disble ethernet - is this possible in PCP? I have looked through settings but could not see an option for this.

The reason want to try wi-fi only is that I use a USB DAC and have been hearing clicks - I had read the ethernet sharing/fighting the USB might be a cause.

Thanks

Comment

• slartibartfast
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by hoverdonkey
            I was just in settings and saw that v.8.0.0 is available, so I updated in-situ, which went smoothly.

The reason I was looking at settings was to try wi-fi instead of ethernet. The next logical step is to disble ethernet - is this possible in PCP? I have looked through settings but could not see an option for this.

The reason want to try wi-fi only is that I use a USB DAC and have been hearing clicks - I had read the ethernet sharing/fighting the USB might be a cause.

Thanks
            Have you tried WiFi yet? I have no idea if ethernet can be disabled but I use WiFi with a USB DAC connected to a Pi3B and have never noticed any clicks even with DSD tracks, even DXD.

Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF

Comment

• nowhinjing
              • Sep 2015

PcP 8.0 and apmode

When I try to install APmode I get

Code:
              [ INFO ] Downloading AP Mode...
              There was a error downloading pcp-apmode.tcz.
              Retrying extension pcp-apmode.tcz...in 5 seconds.
              Retrying extension pcp-apmode.tcz...in 5 seconds.
              Max retries reached.
              [ ERROR ] Error Downloading AP Mode, please try again later.
              Is there a problem, or should I just try again tomorrow ?

NWJ

Comment

• Apesbrain
                • Jun 2005

Did an in-situ upgrade from pCP 7.0 on my RPi B+ and a clean install on an RPi B both with no issue. Thanks!

Comment

• psketch
                  • Jun 2012

Originally posted by psketch
                  InSitu update completed on 8 players, including one LMS on a mixture of pi 2,3 and 4 with a mixtures of configs. All ran perfectly. I'll likely get around to updating them from clean install at some point, but insitu ran perfectly for me.

pete S
                  OK, one caveat on everything worked .... As paul said, HDMI audio is a problem. One of my players uses HDMI, and I'm not getting any audio - video is fine. I see the various force edid etc. are in the config file, so not sure what to try. Not a problem as I can go USB but wondering if there are any tricks to try.

Edit : OK, easy way around this. I changed the audio output to headphones and then back to HDMI et voila - audio :-) So, something doesn't get updated for HDMI audio with an insitu. No doubt, a clean install is likely to work fine as well.
                  Last edited by psketch; 2021-07-11, 17:09.

Comment

• fvzeppelin
                    • Feb 2016

Cannot mount samba share

Hi all,
                    I cannot mount a samba share in my home network which works well with other computers.
                    I first tried to configure it via the GUI, but as it didn't work, I tried to debug it from the command line.
                    dmesg output is:
                    Code:
                    [  581.803946] CIFS: Attempting to mount //xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/MyShare
                    [  581.836288] CIFS: VFS: Could not allocate crypto hmac(sha256)
                    [  581.861037] CIFS: VFS: Could not allocate crypto hmac(sha256)
                    [  581.903269] CIFS: VFS: Could not allocate crypto hmac(md5)
                    [  581.903308] CIFS: VFS: Error -2 during NTLMSSP authentication
                    [  581.903335] CIFS: VFS: \\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Send error in SessSetup = -2
                    [  581.903433] CIFS: VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -2
                    Any hints what the problem might be?

Comment

• granger
                      • Jul 2021

Insitu Update

Everyone seems to be doing an insitu update - but I don't understand how to do it. I've tried a full update in picoreplayer but that doesn't work.
                      Also, I have music files on the SD card. Will that be a problem?
                      Thanks
                      Granger

Comment

• slartibartfast
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by granger
                        Everyone seems to be doing an insitu update - but I don't understand how to do it. I've tried a full update in picoreplayer but that doesn't work.
                        Thanks
                        Granger
                        What happens when you click Full update? You should see a box where you can select the version.

Comment

• paul-
                          • Jan 2013

Originally posted by slartibartfast
                          I happened to select an extension and clicked update and there was an update available. Is there a way to update all extensions with a single click or is it necessary to check each one individually?
                          There is no way from the web interface. Its safest to update the sections one by one from the web interface. You can skip the reboot in between until your done. Unless you are doing compiling and other stuff that was installed manually, there should be no reason to try a full update from command line.

tce-update (There may be extensions that cannot be updated....i.e. ones that may not exist anymore)
                          tce-audit updatedeps (This one takes some time to run....be patient)
                          tce-audit fetchmissing

Then reboot.

Comment

• paul-
                            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by nowhinjing
                            When I try to install APmode I get

Is there a problem, or should I just try again tomorrow ?
                            Not anymore, thx for reporting.

Comment

• slartibartfast
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by paul-
                              There is no way from the web interface. Its safest to update the sections one by one from the web interface. You can skip the reboot in between until your done. Unless you are doing compiling and other stuff that was installed manually, there should be no reason to try a full update from command line.

tce-update (There may be extensions that cannot be updated....i.e. ones that may not exist anymore)
                              tce-audit updatedeps (This one takes some time to run....be patient)
                              tce-audit fetchmissing

Then reboot.
                              I thought Patch Update might update extensions but maybe not. Is there any need to update extensions?

Comment

• paul-
                                • Jan 2013

Originally posted by granger
                                Thanks
                                Granger
                                The full update button is the button, piCorePlayer 8.0.0 should be the top in the dropdown list. If you get an error, post what it says.

Comment

Working...