Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 106 of 123 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1222
    Quote Originally Posted by Narcos View Post
    Guys, I updated Material Skin on my iPhone & now LMS is not recognising the Player, however Both LMS & Squeezelite are "green". I believe something needs to be fixed in LMS?
    I have just replied to your PM

This is not the thread for a possible Material Skin problem

ronnie

Edit: try switching the phone off and then on
    Last edited by Man in a van; 2022-08-25 at 02:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    I have just replied to your PM

This is not the thread for a possible Material Skin problem

ronnie

Edit: try switching the phone off and then on
    (exactly the reason I PM''d ya'll as I was unsure to post in this thread) Sorry about that, ill take it to the relevant thread...
    Last edited by Narcos; 2022-08-25 at 03:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Narcos View Post
    (exactly the reason I PM''d ya'll as I was unsure to post in this thread) Sorry about that, ill take it to the relevant thread...
    Hi, I also received your PM, and I think I need a little more detail to help.

If you are unsure where to post, picore, material, LMS...why not start a new post under general/kitchen sink and describe what you have, what you did, and what you saw. You can pm us with a link to the post so we can jump on board

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    Hi, I also received your PM, and I think I need a little more detail to help.

If you are unsure where to post, picore, material, LMS...why not start a new post under general/kitchen sink and describe what you have, what you did, and what you saw. You can pm us with a link to the post so we can jump on board

Jim
    sounds like a plan , https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...93#post1059993
    Last edited by Narcos; 2022-08-25 at 03:52.

Thx1138

Quote Originally Posted by comanchero View Post
    thx1138
    I've seen that movie a couple of times. All I can say is wierd!
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 8.3.1 on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets ( both WiFi, farthest unit gets 60% signal strength and always works since new power supply) and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 8.3.1 on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B (WiFi) /Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

PCP with NAS abilities?

I know this sounds odd but: Would it be possible to connect a usb hard drive to PCP and then have the music files not only playable in PCP but also have them on your home network, you know NAS-like? So that you could access them through a PC on the network?
    I am wondering if I still need a NAS.
    RPI 3+ with LMS 8.2.0 -- RPI 2 with a Hifiberry DAC+ running PiCorePlayer -- SBR running Firmware 8.0 -- Plugins: Material Skin, MAI, Podcasts, Musik - folge mir, Squeezelite-X, Ratings Light, Exclude Folders -- DSM 6.2.2 (Synology Disk Station 115) has my music

Quote Originally Posted by streifenleopard View Post
    I know this sounds odd but: Would it be possible to connect a usb hard drive to PCP and then have the music files not only playable in PCP but also have them on your home network, you know NAS-like? So that you could access them through a PC on the network?
    Yes, no problem.
    Server - LMS 8.3.0 RPi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)

Lounge - DAC32 - AudioEngine B2
    Office - RPi 3B+/HiFiBerry DAC HAT/RPi screen - Edifier D12
    Bedroom - Echo Show 8

Spares - 1xSB Touch, 1xSB3, 3xRPi, 1xCORE32, AVI DM5 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by streifenleopard View Post
    https://docs.picoreplayer.org/how-to/add_usb_hdd/
    Usually running latest beta LMS nightly on Raspberry Pi OS with virtual players (Squeezelite and Airplay bridge). Occasionally using SB Radio, Boom or Classic.

PCP loses the library

I have posted similar issues in the General forum, when I thought the problem was an issue with power outages. But it seems not, or at least not completely.

I have a Pi4 running PCP as a server only (not a player), relatively uneventfully for some months. I have a large library (about one TB) on an external hard drive, a 3.5" internal type mounted in a dock, connected to a USB port on the Pi. Cache is on an SD card on the Pi. As far as I can tell there is nothing fancy in the setup. Connection to the network/router is ethernet, for Pi and for Transporter, wifi used for Touch and Booms.

From time to time it seems that the PCP loses the library. my remote control mechanisms show nothing in the library at all, and this is the same for the player displays as well, whether ethernet connected or wifi. I have to restart the Pi, and sometimes run a full rescan, to get the library back. Just to cover all bases, I typically turn off the router, turn off the external drive and turn off the Pi. I turn them back on in the same order. Sometimes the library comes back on its own, looks like a full rescan is triggered, but other times I have to trigger a rescan myself.

I had originally thought that the problem was related to power outages, which happen here. I have the relevant equipment on adequate UPS equipment, to keep them all up for a couple of hours. On at least one occasion there was a power out for longer, and I thought that caused the problem, but it seems to have been coincidental. It's happened multiple times, recently more than once a month, and not in the context of power outs.

It takes way too long to fix and I have to actually go into the utility room to power off the equipment.

I used to have a really old Windows device as a dedicated server (FitPC3), which I stupidly upgraded from Win7 to 10, and the device couldn't cope. But I never had any problems. My expectation was that the PCP should be relatively foolproof, without a lot of engagement from me. Sadly not so.

How can I try to troubleshoot and fix?

Ron
    Last edited by RonM; 2022-08-30 at 12:19.
    LMS on a dedicated server (PiCorePlayer)
    Transporter (Ethernet) - main listen ining, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm speakers
    Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
    Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
    Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
    Radio (WiFi) - home office
    Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used), Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
    Touch x 1 - spare
    UE Radio x 1 - spare
    Boom x 1 - spare
    Controller x 1 - Spare