Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 105 of 123 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1222
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    From memory, it is technically possible to have Ethernet and WiFi working at the same time ů in which case they would have different MAC addresses. In that case, simply tell your router to fix that at .1.4 as well (if it allows duplicates).
    I think the player will find it anyway unless you configured Squeezelite to connect to a specific IP address.
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo View Post
    Nope, IP address will change because each network interface has its own MAC address. You'll have to assign 192.xxx.x.4 to the MAC of the wired connector.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    I believe when pCP starts squeezelite, if it finds wifi and wired ethernet, it will choose wired ethernet to connect to LMS.

So squeezelite <-> LMS will use wired ethernet.

You can use either wifi and wired to connect to the pCP web GUI or ssh etc.

At least that was how it worked when the code was originally written. It may have changed?? or the wheels have fallen off??

I can't see why you would have both wifi and wired after the initial setup.

Look at [Main Page] > [Diagnostics] > [Raspberry Pi] > "Controls MAC". This page shows you MAC addresses, IP addresses and Controls MAC which is used by squeezelite.
    Both the Pi's are working as intended, thank you everyone for your valuable inputs.

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Are these clicks audible only through the speakers or from the device ?
    Through the speakers.

I tried several power supplies, but no difference. Identical behaviour as far as I can tell (ie. no apparent differences in clicking patterns or so).

I've uploaded a small movie that is severely out of focus, but shows what happens. Boot sequence starts at 0:00:11, player is ready at 0:00:38 (autoplay jingle) and then the clicks start.

https://www.squirrel.nl/pub/xfer/upl...0L6QY2fflA.mkv
    LMS 8.2 on RPi4 - PiCorePlayer 8.0.0 (SqueezeLite) on RPi1, moving to 8.2.0 on RPi3.

Quote Originally Posted by sciurius View Post
    Through the speakers.

I tried several power supplies, but no difference. Identical behaviour as far as I can tell (ie. no apparent differences in clicking patterns or so).

I've uploaded a small movie that is severely out of focus, but shows what happens. Boot sequence starts at 0:00:11, player is ready at 0:00:38 (autoplay jingle) and then the clicks start.

https://www.squirrel.nl/pub/xfer/upl...0L6QY2fflA.mkv
    Johan I have never experienced that effect.

I still think it is power related, if you have changed power supplies and they all produce the same result, then it must be the rpi3B.

Do you have another rpi ? Can you try another output on the same rpi ?

Put the recalcitrant rpi in a drawer for two weeks and then try again (seriously, it has a thermal fuse which may have been damaged; they often reset after a few days on the naughty step ).

Long shot is to try the RPI OS Bullseye lite (use the rpi imager tool to do the config when you burn the image)

If I was closer I would pop round and help

ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Do you have another rpi?
    I tried a 4B and a 2B. Same power supply, nothing strange.

Can you try another output on the same rpi?
    Hmm. I must find out how... I do not have an additional audio card for it.

If I was closer I would pop round and help
    You would be more than welcome. I think I owe you a couple of beers.

Name:  rpis.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  83.5 KB
    LMS 8.2 on RPi4 - PiCorePlayer 8.0.0 (SqueezeLite) on RPi1, moving to 8.2.0 on RPi3.

I tried a 4B and a 2B. Same power supply, nothing strange.
    What model Pi have you got a RPi3B or RPi3B+ ?

The schematic has a different circuit for red LED depending on model.

Since clicks seems to be synced with LED flash - it seems worthwhile to check what could make led flash.

On the RPi3B - red led can only flash if power is lost whereas it looks like on RPi3B+ led can flash depending on an input.

You should also carefully look at the board for any h/w issues such as a short (e.g tiny bit of stray metal) or bad/dry solder.

edit:

On Pi 3b+ RED LED is connected to gpio 35 - could there there be incorrect use of this GPIO signal due to a configuration error
    Last edited by bpa; 2022-08-14 at 04:52.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    What model Pi have you got a RPi3B or RPi3B+ ?
    Raspberry Pi 3 model B v1.2 from 2015.

On the RPi3B - red led can only flash if power is lost
    Right. When I measure voltage on header pins 4 and 6, the 5V drops to 4.8 or so. Not really undervoltage (or is it?). I assume these pins are connected to the internal power (they cannot be connected directly to input power since the power is lower). The 3.3V (pins 1 and 6) is steady at 3.33V.

I connected the RPi to my lab power supply and while I see the same voltage drops on the header pins there are no led flashes and no clicks. Current draw at the point the clicks would occur is 550mA (which then quickly drops to 350mA).

You should also carefully look at the board for any h/w issues such as a short (e.g tiny bit of stray metal) or bad/dry solder.
    This RPi has been in production for years but I must admit that these 'click-drops' would go unnoticed under normal operations.

I managed to get rsyslog going, and I do see some undervoltages. When the clicks stop, there is a message "hwmon hwmon1: Voltage normalised". These messages do not appear when on the lab power supply.

So the bottom line seems to be that it is, indeed, a power issue. Surprising is that all USB chargers (even the big, 2.5A Apple and Samsung chargers) and a powered hub (1.5A max) show this behaviour. You can argue that a charger is not a power supply, but I'd expect a powered hub to produce decent power. Well, they seem to no do so... Voltage quickly drops to 4.75 and finally stabilizes at 4.85 or so.

But, big question, why does it only happen during the first 30-40 seconds after boot up?

EDIT: Despite earlier reports, RPi2B has the same clicking, at least on some chargers.
    Last edited by sciurius; 2022-08-15 at 02:51.

Raspberry Pi 3 model B v1.2 from 2015.

Right. When I measure voltage on header pins 4 and 6, the 5V drops to 4.8 or so. Not really undervoltage (or is it?). I assume these pins are connected to the internal power (they cannot be connected directly to input power since the power is lower). The 3.3V (pins 1 and 6) is steady at 3.33V.

I connected the RPi to my lab power supply and while I see the same voltage drops on the header pins there are no led flashes and no clicks. Current draw at the point the clicks would occur is 550mA (which then quickly drops to 350mA).

This RPi has been in production for years but I must admit that these 'click-drops' would go unnoticed under normal operations.

I managed to get rsyslog going, and I do see some undervoltages. When the clicks stop, there is a message "hwmon hwmon1: Voltage normalised". These messages do not appear when on the lab power supply.

So the bottom line seems to be that it is, indeed, a power issue. Surprising is that all USB chargers (even the big, 2.5A Apple and Samsung chargers) and a powered hub (1.5A max) show this behaviour. You can argue that a charger is not a power supply, but I'd expect a powered hub to produce decent power. Well, they seem to no do so... Voltage quickly drops to 4.75 and finally stabilizes at 4.85 or so.

But, big question, why does it only happen during the first 30-40 seconds after boot up?
    How are you connecting the Pi to the power supply? Maybe the resistance of the lead is too high.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Not all powered hubs are the same. Some provide max current but split across all port (i.e. use only one port to provide max current) whereas others can provide max current on each port.

What happens at 30-40secs - network setup, disk scan, different display mode, etc ?

Load varies depending on the devices connected and what they are doing. Some have load at startup, other have loads when they become "active".

A good while ago, I had a problem with a USB 3G modem using it a Pi (it worked OK on a PC) - everything was fine until you tried to make a 3G connection and then not enough power. I tried many different powered hubs and found only a D-Link would work.

Maybe install a different OS to check for undervoltage (you can run squeezelite )

https://pimylifeup.com/raspberry-pi-...ltage-warning/

Nowadays, if I buy a new power supply, I get one for the rpi4b and use an adapter

https://thepihut.com/products/usb-c-...ro-usb-adapter

ronnie

Guys, I updated Material Skin on my iPhone & now LMS is not recognising the Player, however Both LMS & Squeezelite are "green". I believe something needs to be fixed in LMS?