Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 104 of 121 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1205

Start-up clicks

Now that the RPi3B is running with 8.2.0 I encounter the following issue.

When the player is ready, there is a minute or so of activity, signalled by the red led occasionally flashing. That would not be important, but every flash of the led is audible as a moderately loud 'click'.
    LMS 8.2 on RPi4 - PiCorePlayer 8.0.0 (SqueezeLite) on RPi1, moving to 8.2.0 on RPi3.

Yes the RTL8192CU is an in-tree driver. pCP does not have a network manager running, so it makes decision on which network devices to use at boot.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    with pCP, If the Wireless in enabled , connecting the ethernet disables the wireless. and becomes the default connection.

ronnie
    I believe when pCP starts squeezelite, if it finds wifi and wired ethernet, it will choose wired ethernet to connect to LMS.

So squeezelite <-> LMS will use wired ethernet.

You can use either wifi and wired to connect to the pCP web GUI or ssh etc.

At least that was how it worked when the code was originally written. It may have changed?? or the wheels have fallen off??

I can't see why you would have both wifi and wired after the initial setup.

Look at [Main Page] > [Diagnostics] > [Raspberry Pi] > "Controls MAC". This page shows you MAC addresses, IP addresses and Controls MAC which is used by squeezelite.

Quote Originally Posted by sciurius View Post

When the player is ready, there is a minute or so of activity, signalled by the red led occasionally flashing. That would not be important, but every flash of the led is audible as a moderately loud 'click'.
    What are you using as the player ?

Quote Originally Posted by jophill View Post
    You are running a streaming system just as I do. My server (LMS, no Squeezelite) is connected to the Local Area Network via Ethernet with the WiFi turned off. My player (Squeezelite, no LMS) is connected to the LAN via WiFi.

However, please note that an IP address is the address of an interface to a box and not the box itself. One IP address per interface means that your DHCP server should assign an IP address to a box's WiFi interface MAC address (if enabled) and another (different) one to the box's (different) Ethernet interface MAC address.

I think your DHCP server is set up to specifically allocate ".4" to the MAC address of the WiFi interface. I think this will not be assigned to the Ethernet interface with a different MAC address. I think you will get a different IP address. I suggest you should add a new allocation to your DHCP server's setup to assign a different IP address to the different Ethernet MAC address or allocate ".4" but delete the same allocation to the WiFi MAC address.
    Jophill, Brilliantly explained in layman terms, perfectly understood! I shall share the positive outcome in a few hours

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    What are you using as the player ?
    RPi3B + piCoreplayer 8.2.0 + Squeezelite, analog audio to amplifier.
    LMS 8.2 on RPi4 - PiCorePlayer 8.0.0 (SqueezeLite) on RPi1, moving to 8.2.0 on RPi3.

This might be a power supply issue

I'll reconfigure my rpi3b (I have it working now withe si-f- dongle; I think it must have been a PEBCAK error )

I'll install lms and see what occurs.

The green Act led should flash occasionally and the red led remain constant.

have you looked in the lms server logs ?

ronnie

@sciurius

I have a usb stick with ripped CDs

Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 - 1627922070 @ Tue Aug 3 11:43:18 CEST 2021
    Hostname: pCP
    Server IP Address: 192.168.1.100
    Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
    Operating system: piCore - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: armv7l-linux
    Perl Version: 5.32.1 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int
    Audio::Scan: 1.05
    IO::Socket::SSL: 2.071
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)
    Total Players Recognized: 1
    Code:
    /usr/local/bin/squeezelite -n "piCorePlayer" -o hw:CARD=Headphones -a 80:::0: -s 127.0.0.1
    Playback has no clicks, red led is steady, green led flashes infrequently

ronnie

I don't think the source of the music is relevant, since the clicks are audible even if nothing is playing.

I'll check the power supply.

I don't think the source of the music is relevant, since the clicks are audible even if nothing is playing.

I'll check the power supply.

Are these clicks audible only through the speakers or from the device ?

I have an old 2.5 inch usb HDD which periodically clicks when attatched to a raspberry pi. If I connect it via a powered usb hub it gets enough power, the clicks go away (magic )