Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 50 of 61 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Likely a typo (or a special dev version )
    I think you are right. At this moment the latest version of squeezelite-armhf at Ralphy's LMS client page is indeed 1.9.9.1392.
    | LMS 8.3.0 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 8.1.0 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | SqueezeAMP |

Quote Originally Posted by CJS View Post
    I think you are right. At this moment the latest version of squeezelite-armhf at Ralphy's LMS client page is indeed 1.9.9.1392.
    Squeezelite 1.9.9.1391 is bundled with pcp 8.1 and r1392 is available from the squeezelite extension Update button in the webgui.

The only difference is a fix for issue #153.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

CEC, piCorePlayer 8.1.0

Hi, i try run Jivelite via HDMI with CEC but have a problem.
    I tried version 64bit but I`ve got:

root@pCP:/home/tc# cec-ctl --playback
    /usr/local/bin/cec-ctl: line 2: syntax error: unexpected word (expecting ")")

So, I installed 8.1.0 32 bit, install v4l extensions, modified config.txt:
    #gpu_mem=16
    #dtparam=audio=on
    dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d

change via keyboard skin to: HD Grid Skin (1920x1080) but nothing.
    Run cec-ctl --playback via ssh and the cursor working but Select not:

tc@pCP:/mnt/mmcblk0p1$ sudo cec-ctl --playback
    Driver Info:
    Driver Name : vc4_hdmi
    Adapter Name : vc4
    Capabilities : 0x0000011e
    Logical Addresses
    Transmit
    Passthrough
    Remote Control Support
    Connector Info
    Driver version : 5.10.77
    Available Logical Addresses: 1
    DRM Connector Info : card 0, connector 32
    Physical Address : 2.0.0.0
    Logical Address Mask : 0x0100
    CEC Version : 2.0
    Vendor ID : 0x000c03 (HDMI)
    OSD Name : 'Playback'
    Logical Addresses : 1 (Allow RC Passthrough)

Logical Address : 8 (Playback Device 2)
    Primary Device Type : Playback
    Logical Address Type : Playback
    All Device Types : Playback
    RC TV Profile : None
    Device Features :
    None

but when I run cec-ctl with -m I see that:

tc@pCP:/mnt/mmcblk0p1$ sudo cec-ctl -m --verbose
    Driver Info:
    Driver Name : vc4_hdmi
    Adapter Name : vc4
    Capabilities : 0x0000011e
    Logical Addresses
    Transmit
    Passthrough
    Remote Control Support
    Connector Info
    Driver version : 5.10.77
    Available Logical Addresses: 1
    DRM Connector Info : card 0, connector 32
    Physical Address : 2.0.0.0
    Logical Address Mask : 0x0100
    CEC Version : 2.0
    Vendor ID : 0x000c03 (HDMI)
    OSD Name : 'Playback'
    Logical Addresses : 1 (Allow RC Passthrough)

Logical Address : 8 (Playback Device 2)
    Primary Device Type : Playback
    Logical Address Type : Playback
    All Device Types : Playback
    RC TV Profile : None
    Device Features :
    None

Initial Event: State Change: PA: 2.0.0.0, LA mask: 0x0100, Conn Info: yes
    Timestamp: 4709.351s
    Received from TV to Playback Device 2 (0 to 8): USER_CONTROL_PRESSED (0x44):
    ui-cmd: select (0x00)
    Sequence: 0 Rx Timestamp: 4718.964s
    Received from TV to Playback Device 2 (0 to 8): USER_CONTROL_RELEASED (0x45)
    Sequence: 0 Rx Timestamp: 4719.104s

What could I change or what I must do to work CEC ?

That looks like it is close to working.
    What happens when you press keys on the TV remote - e.g. the cursor - left/right - while cec-ctl is in monitor mode?
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    That looks like it is close to working.
    What happens when you press keys on the TV remote - e.g. the cursor - left/right - while cec-ctl is in monitor mode?
    Left, Right, Up, Down cursor buttons - working ok and I could move "cursor" at menu. But OK/Select doesn`t work. Other buttons like End or Back too. Any reaction - but cec-ctl see that I pressed and released this key.

ui-cmd: down (0x02)
    ui-cmd: up (0x01)
    ui-cmd: left (0x03)
    ui-cmd: right (0x04)
    ui-cmd: down (0x02)

and this button doesn`t work - any reaction at Jivelite.

ui-cmd: clear (0x2c)
    ui-cmd: back (0x0d)
    ui-cmd: back (0x0d)

That is expected until someone enhances things - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...=1#post1027758

Use a Grid view in Jivelite and the Cursor and Play buttons.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    That is expected until someone enhances things - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...=1#post1027758

Use a Grid view in Jivelite and the Cursor and Play buttons.
    I use HD Grid Skin 1920x1080 but Play doesn`t work too :/ I could only move coursor over tiles.

I tried many buttons on my Sharp Aquos IR Remote but any works like Enter :/

ui-cmd: play (0x44)
    ui-cmd: fast-forward (0x49)
    ui-cmd: rewind (0x48)
    ui-cmd: stop (0x45)
    ui-cmd: power (0x40)

Hi,

Question about the GPIO Power On/Off setting on the squeezelite settings page.

Name:  Schermafbeelding 2021-12-07 om 20.06.21.png
Views: 291
Size:  60.7 KB

I understand that it toggles the GPIO when the powerbutton for that player is pressed in LMS.

But how does it behave when I boot the RPI and squeezelite starts. Does it toggle the GPIO to the actual power state (in LMS for that player) too?

Background: I'm building a (headless) player (Zero 2W + DAC + Headphone amp) and want to add a status LED to show that the system has booted and Squeezelite has contacted LMS and is ready to go.

(Working assumption is that when the RPI boots and Squeezelite has not yet been started the GPIO is pulled low by default).

Thanks,

Huib
    Last edited by hsmeets; 2021-12-07 at 12:20.
    does the all-black SB sound better than the white SB?

Quote Originally Posted by hsmeets View Post
    But how does it behave when I boot the RPI and squeezelite starts. Does it toggle the GPIO to the actual power state (in LMS for that player) too?

Background: I'm building a (headless) player (Zero 2W + DAC + Headphone amp) and want to add a status LED to show that the system has booted and Squeezelite has contacted LMS and is ready to go.

(Working assumption is that when the RPI boots and Squeezelite has not yet been started the GPIO is pulled low by default).

Thanks,

Huib
    The GPIO will be in the default state as defined by the raspberry pi firmware, until squeezelite initializes and then set the output to the correct state. Take a look here.

https://www.raspberrypi.com/document...-configuration
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    The GPIO will be in the default state as defined by the raspberry pi firmware, until squeezelite initializes and then set the output to the correct state. Take a look here.

https://www.raspberrypi.com/document...-configuration
    Thanks Paul, will read, first scan of the document and the Broadcom document referred to I have to choose wisely that not during power up and boot the pin changes states, pull low to high etc otherwise the relay to switch the PSU could starts rattling a few times until squeezelite grabs control.

Well, any way, will take out my proto board and test.
    does the all-black SB sound better than the white SB?