Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 86 of 96 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast
    Try changing the cache back to the SD card.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Its likely an issue with your NAS, probably not letting the database properly lock the file. Putting the cache on your NAS is really not recommended. If you really don't want the use the microsd card, then the next best alternative is a USB stick formatted ext4.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Solved

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Its likely an issue with your NAS, probably not letting the database properly lock the file. Putting the cache on your NAS is really not recommended. If you really don't want the use the microsd card, then the next best alternative is a USB stick formatted ext4.
    Thanks people! Moving everything away fron the NAS solved it!

Now the wife will be happy with access to spotty again :-)

Playing Bluetooth audio via piCorePlayer

Hi,

i have this setup:

piCorePlayer version: 8.1.0, piCore version: 13.1, Squeezelite version and license: 1.9.9-1403-pCP
    LMS: Versione: 8.2.0 - 1627922070 @ Tue Aug 3 11:43:18 CEST 2021

output: USB audio -> Topping E30

BT Controller is On, BT Speaker Daemon is running, BT Pairing Daemon for incoming connections is running

Device BT (my LG G6 phone) correctly connected like a Player (SBC).

Although my phone is correctly connected to bluetooth and playing (for example from Amazon Music), the audio is not passed to the output device and therefore it is not heard ...

is there any step to take?

thx

PS: BT speakers (Rockbox3) works fine (even simultaneously) ... LMS shows two Players (piCorePlayer, ROCKBOX3) .. nice
    Last edited by StefGreg; 2022-05-21 at 05:52.

Quote Originally Posted by StefGreg View Post
    Hi,

i have this setup:

piCorePlayer version: 8.1.0, piCore version: 13.1, Squeezelite version and license: 1.9.9-1403-pCP
    LMS: Versione: 8.2.0 - 1627922070 @ Tue Aug 3 11:43:18 CEST 2021

output: USB audio -> Topping E30

BT Controller is On, BT Speaker Daemon is running, BT Pairing Daemon for incoming connections is running

Device BT (my LG G6 phone) correctly connected like a Player (SBC).

Although my phone is correctly connected to bluetooth and playing (for example from Amazon Music), the audio is not passed to the output device and therefore it is not heard ...

is there any step to take?

thx
    Check your volume on you Dac. Check the logs to see if the phone is connecting and the internal player is starting. I only use IOS phones, so I cannot help much with phone settings.

But I have connected an echo DOT to pCP and played music via Bluetooth too.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Check your volume on you Dac. Check the logs to see if the phone is connecting and the internal player is starting. I only use IOS phones, so I cannot help much with phone settings.

But I have connected an echo DOT to pCP and played music via Bluetooth too.
    Thx Paul-,

- volume DAC is ok;

- phone is connected (win10 in log):
    Code:
    05-21 15:17 CEST DEBUG    /org/bluealsa/hci0/dev_2C_D0_5A_60_14_88/a2dpsnk/source
    05-21 15:17 CEST DEBUG       HCI:hci0
    05-21 15:17 CEST INFO        MAC:2C:D0:5A:60:14:88
    05-21 15:17 CEST INFO        TRANSPORT:a2dpsnk
    05-21 15:17 CEST INFO        Unknown device 2C:D0:5A:60:14:88
    05-21 15:17 CEST INFO        Starting Playback from device 2C:D0:5A:60:14:88
    05-21 15:17 CEST INFO        Using bluealsa-aplay for device: 2C:D0:5A:60:14:88
    05-21 15:17 CEST DEBUG       pCP OUTPUT="hw:CARD=E30,DEV=0"
    05-21 15:17 CEST DEBUG       LMS server IP:""
    05-21 15:17 CEST DEBUG       pCP ALSAVOLUME=""
    05-21 15:17 CEST DEBUG       pCP Card Conf:"USB.conf"
    05-21 15:17 CEST INFO        Starting player:"NewDevice" bluetooth, alsa device:"hw:CARD=E30,DEV=0", volume:"".

- internal player is started?

tc@pCP:~$ ps aux|grep squeeze
    6419 tc 0:00 grep squeeze
    25894 root 4:41 /usr/local/bin/squeezelite -n piCorePlayer -o hw:CARD=E30,DEV=0 -a 80 4 0 -D 10 dop -C 15
    tc@pCP:~$

it seems that the player name continues to be piCorePlayer and not NewDevice ....

tc@pCP:~$ sudo killall squeezelite
    tc@pCP:~$ squeezelite -n NewDevice -o "hw:CARD=E30,DEV=0"

no errors but no response ......

[squeezelite -n] it only serves to change the name of the Player (sorry)
    Last edited by StefGreg; 2022-05-21 at 07:47.

Stand alone picoreplayer

I am setting up a stand alone player for my father that contains rips of all his CDs.
    Hardware: Pi4B 2g, hifiberry dac2 HD, 512gb usb stick, raspberry pi 7" screen, smartipi pro case
    Software: picoreplayer 8.1.0 64bit, squeezelite v1.9.9-1403-pCP, LMS 8.2.1

Everything is up and running and working well, playing music as it should not connected to my network.
    I set the LMS address as 127.0.0.1 and I disabled remote libraries in the LMS settings.

I'm trying to make this as simple as possible for my Dad who is not especially technically inclined.

When jivelite starts at the home screen the My music icon first tries to connect to my other LMS server on my network and not the LMS server on this player. Of course it can't find it and gives me this error:

Name:  IMG_6327.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  193.7 KB

When I go the select player option I see this 2 players listed.

Name:  IMG_6328.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  192.2 KB

The first one is my Dad's player and the second is one of mine that is on the network. (The player is not connected to the network at this time).

The stand alone player works normally when I select the standalone player.

Is there a way for me to delete the references to my other server and the other player so that it doesn't show up on the stand alone player and when the home screen is accessed the my music button will default to the local player and not the previous network?

Also is there a way to move the shutdown picoreplayer option to the home screen? The power button and the quit button don't seem to shut the player and picoreplayer down completely.

Thanks.
    Last edited by jbraveman; 2022-05-21 at 13:57.

pCP8 with RPi 7" DSI or other DPI display + HDMI Audio

So I've made some progress here, there is no one generic setting that works for all.

You will need to edit the config.txt on the boot partition.
    1. Comment out or delete the line gpu_mem=xxx
    2. add a line at the end max_framebuffers=2
    3. add a line at the end display_default_lcd=1
    4. add a line at the end framebuffer_priority=0 (For RPi 7" DSI LCD screen)

If you are using a 3rd party DPI screen like the "Hyperpixel" Then you will want to set frambuffer_priority=1.

works for me
    | LMS 8.3.0 @ QLMS 2.25.2 | 2 SB Radio | SB Duet | SB 3 | SqueezeLite-ESP32 | Pioneer VSX-S310 |

Switch view remote?

Any chance to switch view (Cover, EQ, VU ...) remotely? I mainly use material skin to control my SBs.
    | LMS 8.3.0 @ QLMS 2.25.2 | 2 SB Radio | SB Duet | SB 3 | SqueezeLite-ESP32 | Pioneer VSX-S310 |

Given that you are in line of sight ... how about experimenting with an infra-red remote control?
    You can add an IR receiver to GPOI pins on the RPi for very little money and then configure it to work with a spare remote control.
    Or, for more money, you could get a USB remote that emulates a keyboard and send a left square bracket (I think) to go to now playing view and then again to switch views.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin