Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 101 of 113 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1125
    Righto, GaryM it was/is . I did change the timing to 9s and Voila. See attached pic, it was immediately recognised…Name:  43D5C720-AB67-4832-8A2E-C9A98F2A6395.jpeg
Views: 187
Size:  74.5 KB
    Last edited by Narcos; 2022-08-09 at 06:19.

Excellent!
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Also: clear the Browser cache first andů.

@man in a van, Done, Ronnie. Cheers

Excellent!

Having said that, your drive seem ancient, pokey, and mostly uncooperative . Please consider Gary's suggestion to replace the drive. If nothing else, have everything backed up for when it does fail. Remember what I said about operating "in the fringe" of working/not.

Not trying to sound like your/my father

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    Excellent!

Having said that, your drive seem ancient, pokey, and mostly uncooperative . Please consider Gary's suggestion to replace the drive. If nothing else, have everything backed up for when it does fail. Remember what I said about operating "in the fringe" of working/not.

Jim
    Remember the old (true) saying: It is not a question of if your hard drive will fail, but when. And the corollary to this is when it fails it will be the worst possible time.

p.s. And I couldn't sleep at night if I didn't have at least 3 backups of my music files, stored in multiple locations.
    Last edited by garym; 2022-08-09 at 10:08.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Remember the old (true) saying: It is not a question of if your hard drive will fail, but when. And the corollary to this is when it fails it will be the worst possible time.
    In every computer there is a sensor that detects when you are under stress or the importance of a task. When the sensor detects one of those conditions, the computer or program will fail, get hung up, require rebooting, or something else to make your life miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    Excellent!

Jim
    Well noted Jim, ill definitely look into replacing the drive asap. Thanks for the heads up

Quote Originally Posted by P Nelson View Post
    In every computer there is a sensor that detects when you are under stress or the importance of a task. When the sensor detects one of those conditions, the computer or program will fail, get hung up, require rebooting, or something else to make your life miserable.

Sounds like time for a D.I.V.O.R.C.E.

ronnie

imo

Gents,
    Ronnie, Jim, GaryM, Slartibarfast, Kidstypike, Paul & Greg.

Now, I have renewed confidence for setting up the second RPI4 as a client. Don't wanna rest too long or I'll get lazy. So Lets see what needs to be done;

Lets Name the RPI's, RPIServer (RPI1) & RPIClient (RPI2)

RPI1 being the Server I plan to attach it to my router via ethernet (currently using it as a server+player via wifi, so will have to shut off wifi on this one and revert to wired connection (ethernet).

RPI2 being the Client will be attached to the DAC (which sits 15mtrs across diagonally from the RPI1). This pi2, I'd like to run via wifi.

Questions;

1. I believe both the pi's have to communicate with each other (handshake) or else how will the pi2 send commands (music selection, play, pause, stop etc)? Currently, using Material skin on iPhone to select & play music.

2. Since Pi1 is a server there's no need for Squeezelite player, correct? should it be "disabled"?

3. Since Pi2 is a player only (client) attached to the dac there's no need for installing LMS, am I right?

Best Regards

P.S. MOD's, not sure if this is the right thread, I can post it in another thread appropriately upon your confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by Narcos View Post
    Gents,
    Ronnie, Jim, GaryM, Slartibarfast, Kidstypike, Paul & Greg.

Now, I have renewed confidence for setting up the second RPI4 as a client. Don't wanna rest too long or I'll get lazy. So Lets see what needs to be done;

Lets Name the RPI's, RPIServer (RPI1) & RPIClient (RPI2)

RPI1 being the Server I plan to attach it to my router via ethernet (currently using it as a server+player via wifi, so will have to shut off wifi on this one and revert to wired connection (ethernet).

RPI2 being the Client will be attached to the DAC (which sits 15mtrs across diagonally from the RPI1). This pi2, I'd like to run via wifi.

Questions;

1. I believe both the pi's have to communicate with each other (handshake) or else how will the pi2 send commands (music selection, play, pause, stop etc)? Currently, using Material skin on iPhone to select & play music.

2. Since Pi1 is a server there's no need for Squeezelite player, correct? should it be "disabled"?

3. Since Pi2 is a player only (client) attached to the dac there's no need for installing LMS, am I right?

Best Regards

P.S. MOD's, not sure if this is the right thread, I can post it in another thread appropriately upon your confirmation.
    I. Any client will automatically appear as a player in Material skin on your iPhone..

2. Yes, set to disabled.

3. Yes, no need to install LMS.
    Last edited by kidstypike; 2022-08-10 at 01:29.
    Server - LMS 8.3.0 RPi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)

Lounge - DAC32 - AudioEngine B2
    Office - RPi 3B+/HiFiBerry DAC HAT/RPi screen - Edifier D12
    Bedroom - Echo Show 8

Spares - 1xSB Touch, 1xSB3, 3xRPi, 1xCORE32, AVI DM5 speakers