Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 100 of 113 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1125
    Quote Originally Posted by Narcos View Post

"On the "tweaks" page of pcp, under "Audio Settings" if "yes" checked?" It's "disabled".
    The check box is for "automatically start squeezelite?" So, yes, would be to start it, no to skip starting. This is why I do not have it checked, I am not using squeezelite

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    The check box is for "automatically start squeezelite?" So, yes, would be to start it, no to skip starting. This is why I do not have it checked, I am not using squeezelite

Jim

Default setting is yes (I think)

ronnie

7" (DFRobot DFR0678) DSI backlight

I'm building a server / player on a rPi CM4 using the DFR0678 from DFRobot:
    https://wiki.dfrobot.com/7''%20TFT_D....0_SKU_DFR0678
    It mostly works well. Plug and play with only a DSI cable (no extra power lines to connect).
    It has a brightness control pot on the display board that works fine, but I would like to be able to control the brightness through the piCorePlayer.
    When I change the brightness with piCoprePlayer, it does change as I move the slider, but after a second or a few seconds, it reverts back to whatever the control on the display board is set to.
    Any Idea how I might override the control on the display board and allow the piCorePlayer setting to stick?

Terry

So, in summary, pcp did not recognize the presence of this 4TB drive, but it did another drive, and as @ktp noted, the ntfs format should be fine.

Can I assume the 4TB drive works when connected to a pc/mac/nas?

Is the 4TB externally powered (e.g. you have a power adaptor in addition to the USB)? Can you post the drive manufacturer and model number? Can you remind me which pi this is?

If it (the drive) is not externally powered (it's only powered by USB of pi) then I would would suspect a power issue. The drive wants more than the pi's USB can provide. Note that the power to the USB originally comes from the pi's own power supply, so if it's not big enough, off brand, etc it might be the cause of the issue.

Jim

PS - the other option is to transfer your 4TB contents to another drive(s). Or, have the 4TB on your network and attach a network drive to pcp (similar to how you attached your HDD)
    Hello Jim,

Correct, pcp couldn't recognize the exfat 4tb Hdd (except once) but it recognized another drive (Seagate) formatted in ntfs which im using currently.

Very much so, I'm using it as I type this msg, attached to my MBPro.

Yes, its externally powered by an adapter in addition to the USB. WD Elements (pic attached), currently I'm running a single pi as a server+player.

I read in one of the threads with similar problems, senior forum member "Gary" mentioned that if the pi/pcp does not see an attached HDD within 2 seconds (default setting) then it won't, he increased that time to (6 seconds) and that worked for him. Any idea, how I could increase this timing?

Cheers
    Name:  AFEA7F34-FAEF-41F5-B545-25BD294B11FA.jpeg
Views: 111
Size:  85.8 KB
    Last edited by Narcos; 2022-08-09 at 03:18.

Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Default setting is yes (I think)

ronnie
    Correct, sorry I had a lot going on when Jim initially posted his reply. Got it covered now.

Hello Jim,

Correct, pcp couldn't recognize the exfat 4tb Hdd (except once) but it recognized another drive (Seagate) formatted in ntfs which im using currently.

Yes, its externally powered by an adapter in addition to the USB. WD Elements (pic attached), currently I'm running a single pi as a server+player.

I read in one of the threads with similar problems, senior forum member "Gary" mentioned that if the pi/pcp does not see an attached HDD within 2 seconds (default setting) then it won't, he increased that time to (6 seconds) and that worked for him. Any idea, how I could increase this timing?
    I'll look at your drive specs, but in the mean time, this is what I think that "Gary" (maybe GaryM?) was referring to. Note that I am not sure if this parameter comes into play during the "HDD recognition process during HDD mount" (for lack of a better description). Someone like @Paul- or @ Greg Erskine would have to tell us that. But you could always try it. Note this page is obtained from pcp main page -> Bet Functions -> Extras - then boot codes tab:
    Name:  boot.png
Views: 107
Size:  67.5 KB

Jim

I'll look at your drive specs, but in the mean time, this is what I think that "Gary" (maybe GaryM?) was referring to. Note that I am not sure if this parameter comes into play during the "HDD recognition process during HDD mount" (for lack of a better description). Someone like @Paul- or @ Greg Erskine would have to tell us that. But you could always try it. Note this page is obtained from pcp main page -> Bet Functions -> Extras - then boot codes tab:
    Name:  boot.png
Views: 107
Size:  67.5 KB

Jim
    Yes, I had this issue and changing this timing from 2 seconds to 6 or 10 seconds solved my problem. As noted, when the HDD was not recognized as mounted within the proper time, it simply never showed up. You should definitely try changing this in your setup.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Also: clear the Browser cache first

and

If not recognised, check the boot log: Main Page > Diagnostcs > Logs
    Code:

Starting piCorePlayer v8.2.0 startup...
    Loading aes kernel modules for faster SSL... Done.
    Starting rngd using /dev/hwrng... Done.
    Checking for boot files on mmcblk0p1...
      Trying to mount /dev/mmcblk0p1.
      ssh file found on mmcblk0p1.
      newpcp.cfg not found on mmcblk0p1.
    Setting default piCorePlayer repository...
    Generating sound card drop-down list...
    Loading piCorePlayer configuration file... Done.
    Loading pcp-lms-functions... Done.
    Waiting for sound card Headphones to populate. Done (1).
    Waiting for network.............. Done (14).
    Starting OpenSSH server... Done.
    Mounting USB Drives...
     Done.
    Waiting for valid date before starting LMS................. Done. (14)
    Starting LMS, this can take some time...
    Slimserver Running pid:8431
     Done.
    Waiting for LMS to initiate... Done (3).
    Starting Squeezelite and/or Shairport-sync... Done.
    Starting httpd web server... Done.
    Starting to advertise pcp.local... Done.
    Setting CPU scaling governor to ondemand... Done.
    Creating static footer... Done.

Finished piCorePlayer v8.2.0 startup.

To setup piCorePlayer, use the web interface via a browser:
     - http://192.168.1.110 (eth0)
     - http://pcp.local (mdnsd)

Press [Enter] to access console.

In the background, ntpd is syncing time between piCorePlayer and the internet.
    A large offset between 1970 and now is normal.
    Devide the number in brackets by two to get the time it took in seconds to complete the task

I think this is your drive: https://www.westerndigital.com/produ...LG0040HBK-NESN The only difference is your part number is ~050~ and this drive has ~040~. Funny thing is ~050~ is not on the WD site. Maybe it's old? I saw mention of it being USB 1.1 (on an old amazon listing) can that be?

I hate to spend your money on a guess, but as you have seen mounting a HDD is super straight forward...unless it doesn't want to mount at all. I have been there.

I mentioned previously that I suspect power is the culprit. The fact that it was recognized once might make us think that it's right on the fringe of being ok, but mostly not ok.

These drives need power to run, especially non solid state, where the drives have to spin. Spin up is especially a problem/challenge because there is a higher power "inrush" to get the motor to start spinning.

My guess is your HDD's power supply has aged/deteriorated so that it can't completely allow the drive to connect to the pi, but it can connected to a PC/Mac. My guess is it's on the good side of the fringe with the pc/mac, the bad side with the pi...

why? who knows. I have no clue about this. It could be on the pi vs PC mac side of things. There have been others that have experienced "it works on the PC but not pcp".

I still think it's power related. You could try replacing the power supply: https://www.amazon.com/BENSN-Externa...cs%2C88&sr=1-4 be careful makinf sure you get the right one (voltage/power and plug/receptical size and polarity.

As I mentioned before, you should make sure that you have an official raspberry pi power adaptor and the right one for your pi.

Good luck;

Jim

<edit - I hope that Gary and Ronnie's suggestions work and mine is pure unsubstantiated speculation...and wrong >
    Last edited by Redrum; 2022-08-09 at 04:48.

Frankly, the best answer is to get your data off this drive and replace it. I'd buy a modern 4TB HDD (not an SSD) and then copy all the files from the old drive to the new HDD. I replace my HDDs every few years because I know they will eventually fail, and I'd rather be ahead of the curve on this.

p.s. all my HDDs are NTFS formatted and I can connect them to either my rPi or my windows machines.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify