Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

HP T620 Thin with Proxmox LMS and client

Hi,
    I`m wondering if is possible to run LMS and client on Proxmox virtual machine/LXC on same device? I have set up Proxmox with HA and OMV on HP T620. It would be really nice to have a LMS and Player (client) on same device, than I no need additional Rpi for player. I was able to install and LMS on LXC with Debian. Is any easy option to install Player and get a sound from audio output on T620?

Or second option is to have LMS on T620 Proxmox LXC with Debian and player on Rpi where is already installed Kodi (LibreElec). Is possible? I want to avoid second Rpi working only as a player for LMS.
    Last edited by maciekelga; 2022-12-06 at 07:39.

Quote Originally Posted by maciekelga View Post
    Hi,
    I`m wondering if is possible to run LMS and client on Proxmox virtual machine/LXC on same device? I have set up Proxmox with HA and OMV on HP T620. It would be really nice to have a LMS and Player (client) on same device, than I no need additional Rpi for player. I was able to install and LMS on LXC with Debian. Is any easy option to install Player and get a sound from audio output on T620?

Or second option is to have LMS on T620 Proxmox LXC with Debian and player on Rpi where is already installed Kodi (LibreElec). Is possible? I want to avoid second Rpi working only as a player for LMS.
    As long as the host has a sound card which can be accessed or you can add a USB Soundcard and allow your VM access to it then yes Squeezelite should work on the Debian machine.

You will need to point it at the LMS running on 127.0,0.1

There is also a Kodi plugin that adds Squeezelite but itĺs not really up to date IIRC.
    Jim
    https://jukeradio.double6.net

VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

Thank You.

Is anywhere any tutorial how to add server and player on Debian or VM / Proxmox?