Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Cant connect to mysqueezebox.com "unexpect error - check your networking"

My LMS is no longer working. I suspected it may be something to do with my install on my win10 server, so i tried a fresh build on picoreplayer. Both return the same error.

I basically cant connect to mysqueezebox.com - I get an error the says unexpected error.... check netowrking

I have a mikrotic router. Nothing special in terms of setup. DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Windows firewall is passing the right ports.

I am at a loss. Any help appreciated.

Cant connect to mysqueezebox.com"unexpect error - check your networking"

> I basically cant connect to mysqueezebox.com - I get an error the says
    > unexpected error.... check netowrking

Could you please post your server.log.zip file?

Similar issue

I've been following the forum since I bought my first Touch and Transporter, but can't figure this one out. After Windows 10 Update, a couple of my computers no longer communicate with Squeezebox.com using LMS. The devices work ok when directly connected to squeezebox.com, just not through LMS. I get the "Unexpected Error" message as well when trying to update with LMS Control Panel on the computers. There are no problems communicating directly from mysqueezebox.com with devices, just using LMS. I can communicate with devices without issue using LMS and local sources on the computers; it's just an issue with mysqueezebox.com apps. Diagnostics indicate everything is OK

What version of LMS ?

Help..me?

The LMS version I recently installed is 8.1.1 I tried doing a "clean install" of 7.7.6 (I kept in an online backup, just incase) but the results are the same. I've also tried disabling all firewalls but again, I have the same results.

Quote Originally Posted by DMayer View Post
    The LMS version I recently installed is 8.1.1 I tried doing a "clean install" of 7.7.6 (I kept in an online backup, just incase) but the results are the same. I've also tried disabling all firewalls but again, I have the same results.
    Only use 8.* - older version has out of date https support which can result in other errors.

Assuming the error message always appears shortly after startup. Can you do do a restart of LMS and from restart message to where the error message appears, copy log entries to a post (or attach in a zipped text file)

Connecting to squuezebox.com

Thanks for helping bpa. I hope I'm attaching the correct log. It is the server log from Advanced tab in Control Panel. The error message "www.mysqueezebox.com refused to connect" appears every time I try clicking on App Gallery. The error message "An unexpected error occurred while validating your mysqueezebox.com account...." happens whenever I try entering my account credentials.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for helping bpa. I hope I'm attaching the correct log. It is the server log from Advanced tab in Control Panel. The error message "www.mysqueezebox.com refused to connect" appears every time I try clicking on App Gallery. The error message "An unexpected error occurred while validating your mysqueezebox.com account...." happens whenever I try entering my account credentials.
    The problem starts very early .
    I don't recall seeing the message in red before - yet it appears very often in the log. Networking to players has started so local network seems otbe OK - just DNS lookup
    Code:
    21-06-01 14:29:21.6289] main::init (388) Starting Logitech Media Server (v8.1.1, 1610364019, Thu Jan 14 06:14:13 WEST 2021) perl 5.014001 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
    [21-06-01 14:29:22.7088] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (377) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
    [21-06-01 14:29:22.8866] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2171) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
    [21-06-01 14:29:23.7087] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (377) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
    [21-06-01 14:29:23.7808] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2171) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
    [21-06-01 14:29:28.9596] Slim::Plugin::MusicMagic::Plugin::initPlugin (155) Can't connect to port 10002 - MusicIP disabled.
    [21-06-01 14:29:29.3981] main::checkDataSource (1108) Warning: Schema updated or no media found in the database, initiating scan.
    [21-06-01 14:29:31.4464] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1266) Warning: [14:29:31.4462] EV: error in callback (ignoring): pack_sockaddr: invalid host at /<C:\PROGRA~2\SQUEEZ~1\server\SQUEEZ~3.EXE>AnyEvent/DNS.pm line 1114
    [21-06-01 14:29:31.4466] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1266) Warning: [14:29:31.4465] EV: error in callback (ignoring): pack_sockaddr: invalid host at /<C:\PROGRA~2\SQUEEZ~1\server\SQUEEZ~3.EXE>AnyEvent/DNS.pm line 1114
    [21-06-01 14:29:31.7325] Slim::Networking::Discovery::getFakeVersion (131) 
    You're using a SB Touch with a buggy firmware not recognizing this version of Logitech Media Server.
    Please consider patching it. Until then we'll try to play nice and return a fake version number...

See https://github.com/Logitech/slimserver/blob/public/8.0/README.md#sb-radio-and-logitech-media-server-8.
    [21-06-01 14:29:33.4494] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1266) Warning: [14:29:33.4492] EV: error in callback (ignoring): pack_sockaddr: invalid host at /<C:\PROGRA~2\SQUEEZ~1\server\SQUEEZ~3.EXE>AnyEvent/DNS.pm line 1114
    Has this problem suddenly happened ?
    If so, what has changed on the system ? (e.g. a Win 10 update, a LMS update, a router /ISP change)
    What are the IPv4 DNS settings as shown by Win10 (e.g. click on internet icon in system tray, click on Properties on connected network interface, scroll down to bottom of properties)

I had to reset one computer that was running LMS 7.7.6 After reset, it installed LMS 8.1.1 I could no longer connect to mysqueezebox.com so I tried resetting password. The new password works when I connect directly to mysqueezebox.com, but LMS will no longer connect as indicated. That's why I tried reverting to the earlier version of LMS, but the results were the same
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I had to reset one computer that was running LMS 7.7.6 After reset, it installed LMS 8.1.1 I could no longer connect to mysqueezebox.com so I tried resetting password. The new password works when I connect directly to mysqueezebox.com, but LMS will no longer connect as indicated. That's why I tried reverting to the earlier version of LMS, but the results were the same
    "Had to reset one computer" probably means the computer network settings have changed.

What are the DNS settings ? instructions given in previous post.